when was the gang point system started?
2008.Jun.29, 04:15 AM

nice find dru lol
2008.Jun.29, 09:17 AM

I bet alot of players quit during the old gang war system
2008.Jun.29, 09:37 AM

Only the ones who counldnt hack it. Look at rafal, chris and sarge must have wiped out near every gang he was ever a member in

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Jun.29, 11:07 AM

I remember one night there were 120 gangs when I went to sleep. When I woke up there were under 50. All wiped out by 2 warring gangs... who ate the little gangs to keep their respect totals up so they wouldn't be deleted.

Then one of the big gangs lost and several of those losing players quit shortly after.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jun.29, 11:15 AM

So what were the losing players to do at that point? Start another gang in hopes of recruiting players that never slept?
2008.Jun.29, 11:18 AM

That system sounds like it was horrible
2008.Jun.29, 11:21 AM

It was. That's why it was changed. :wink:

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass
2008.Jun.29, 12:00 PM

awesomo Wrote:as zen said, it was awesome for the winners, but say if a gang like super villains, warred a little gang like the 499ersRazz, they wouldnt get as much respect points for defeating an opponent as they would a bigger gang

actually, I know this isn't want you meant, but SV and the 99 had some great pharming times towards the end of the old code. I still remember Leo taking Pun down as soon as he went to sleep so I could pharm about 50 points before he woke up.

I rather liked the old code. It made for powerful small gangs. You most likely never would have seen gangs with 20+ members if we still had the old code. The move to pure pillow fighting was a bad move imo. Gang Deletion should have been replaced with another punishment, instead the whole code went byebye and we were left with something boring. Now PVP is back, but wars cost both AP and EP now and are resource hogs.

No big deal to me tho, some people love the current code. That's perfectly fine. I'd rather make cash and work on my character without having to contribute to a gang.

I still love seeing people tell me "I wanted blood man". Always good for a laugh.
2008.Jun.29, 12:19 PM

yes I remember that day mud, I spent all day running away from you from district to district until pun woke up

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Jun.29, 12:52 PM

sounded like fun
we should have a day like that lol