when was the gang point system started?
2008.Jun.29, 12:57 PM

i dont think the old system was horrible, i believe it was simply flawed. a few strong gangs could easily destroy a ton of weak gangs, and then it would all explode and people quit

as many of you know, i am one of those who have an extreme dislike of the current system - not because the current wars arent "cool" or "fun," but they have very little affect on the "real game," at least so i believe. i honestly think the old system would have been fine if it had been retweaked in some fashion, b/c fighting other people can be very fun. but right now, we dont really get involved in it that much. shrug!

make love, not war Smile at least in AL!
2008.Jun.29, 01:37 PM

drec92 Wrote:sounded like fun
we should have a day like that lol

To be honest it was, but mainly because Mud mailed me and told me 50 points and they would stop. We knew we werent in danger of deletion. When Leo went offline we took the 50 back. in the end we called a truce. The respect system worked very well if a gang played to a "code" like we did, we took 20-30 points and accepted surrender. Apart from the housekeepers gang where we took 30 and their pres demanded we give her the points back as they were a "non-warring" gang. we couldnt end the way so every hour we took 10 more until she did. The next morning they had been deleted by another gang.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Jun.29, 02:11 PM

if people remember the problem was resolved where gangs were not deleted. they simply had no respect. People also had more respect when it came to reaping points... they would take 10-20 points and accept a surrender... survival was harder then, and that added an element of anxiousness that enhanced the game.
2008.Jun.29, 02:26 PM

randomjacker Wrote:if people remember the problem was resolved where gangs were not deleted. they simply had no respect. People also had more respect when it came to reaping points... they would take 10-20 points and accept a surrender... survival was harder then, and that added an element of anxiousness that enhanced the game.
Remember our old buddy that had his gang deleted and lost everything in his vault cause he didn't think to empty it before he lost his gang? lol
The element of tension in the old system definitely enhanced it. The biggest problem with the new system is nothing is really at stake. There's really no penalty for your hideout getting knocked down except you can't war for a little while and maybe a little pride. I'm not saying bring back gang deletion, but there should be more of a penalty for losing gang wars. Of course if there was more of a penalty for losing, Zenith and Err would probably have their mailboxes flooded and the forum would be full of threads by whiners complaining how unfair that was.
The advantage that the current system does have is that it's more competitive. Under the old system, there was simply no way a gang full of under level 10s could beat a gang of level 20s. Now the potential is there for any gang to be beaten by another.
2008.Jun.29, 03:04 PM

2% of total gang points stored are lost when you lose a war.Sound good?
The attacking gang does not get these points they are just deleted from the gang.
2008.Jun.29, 03:23 PM

we should choose what type of war we want to do when we war hideout takeout or pvp takeout
2008.Jun.29, 03:29 PM

This is not the appropriate thread to suggest changes in the war code.
2008.Jun.29, 03:36 PM

This is not the appropriate thread to complain about something
2008.Jun.29, 08:10 PM

Wow the old war code was nuts! But man it was exciting. If you were running a gang back then you made sure your members were spread accross the globe. All time zones covered. Game was alot smaller then. Think there was ony 4 or 5 pages in the user list. This game has grown leaps and bounds over the last year. Most, if not all those changes were our ideas that Z put into effect. Thought that was pretty cool to see!
2008.Jun.29, 08:20 PM

Haha, I'm F5'n explore to see what else Zen and Err have got to put in as it has it. Great stuff so far. (Sorry to be an off-topic slut)