Gangs
2008.Jun.03, 09:53 AM

Loki Wrote:GCB, protection and backup -- all powerful enough imo.

While our current GCB leaves something to be desired, the cost for it is there and it is high. As far as backup and protection, I not only think that these things are grossly underpowered, but also extremely costly for a high level. In order for me to utilize both advantages it will cost me 64 gang points. Now that can be gained in anywhere from 1 - 4 wars. In my opinion it is presumptuous to assume that one is able to utilize the points that were gained by everyone.

I want a real tangible, and everyday bonus for my work.
2008.Jun.03, 09:57 AM

Quote:I want a real tangible, and everyday bonus for my work.

[Image: lollipop.png]

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.Jun.03, 10:02 AM

[Image: waste_of_space_jp70.jpg]

Cosa Nostra doin' well?
2008.Jun.03, 10:03 AM

Marlo Wrote:While our current GCB leaves something to be desired, the cost for it is there and it is high.

. . .

I want a real tangible, and everyday bonus for my work.

Nothing is free in this game. Why do you think you shouldnt have to pay serious points for tangible bonuses? GCB is right where it should be. If you don't have a major presence of online players, it won't be as effective, and it shouldn't be. If you have a ton of players online and active, GCB potential is insane.

My next housing upgrade will cost a drekload. Why should someone get the same training bonus just for running a couple wars, or just belonging to a gang?

Hideouts crumble in a matter of seconds/minutes. Endurance and housing takes months / millions to achieve. The bonuses from all this work are not realized until a player takes even more time and actually trains stats.

What makes you think that you should have easily attainable bonuses just for being part of a group?
2008.Jun.03, 10:13 AM

biffbaffboff Wrote:I love being in a gang.My point is that is the warring worth it.I will continue to war 100% and never shirk gang responsibility.My point is that broken down the ends i.e upgrades dont justify the means.

Im thinking of a kind of fresh start humanity wise (although i know innanimate objects cannot have humanity).Perhaps along the lines that if 70% of you gang log in everyday then your gang gets 0.01 point of ...lets call it... gang credibility.
Every 10000 gang points won AFTER the implementation is = to 0.1 gang credibility.

1 gang credibility can be used to one of these.
1) +1 player energy refresh.
2) +1 player action point refresh.
3) +3 player happiness refresh.

It may take 3 months to get 1 gang credibility point but it would be well worth the effort.

Anyone have any input about this proposal?
2008.Jun.03, 10:20 AM

Yup Marlo, thanks man.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.Jun.03, 10:25 AM

I'm with Loki on this.

Why be in a gang? For protection. Not only do you get protection from your family, but you get back up, GCB, protection, and resources from other players in the family and/or gang.

There's plenty of reasons to be in a gang. He's right.
2008.Jun.03, 10:33 AM

Loki Wrote:My next housing upgrade will cost a drekload. Why should someone get the same training bonus just for running a couple wars, or just belonging to a gang?

What makes you think that you should have easily attainable bonuses just for being part of a group?

What makes me think that?, the "drekload" of time, AP and coordination it takes to accumulate those gang points.

While I am not contesting the "drekload" of money it takes to upgrade your house or your endurance, those are individual things that you can better by yourself if you want, GP's are the fruit of group labor. Saying "Running a couple wars" is a very easy way of trivializing the time and effort put forth by many, all the while posturing for the "Rogue Players" who want the game to play as they deem fit.

Loki, for future reference it is spelled Camaraderie. Cheers.
2008.Jun.03, 10:39 AM

You've complained about the cost for upgrades, and now you mention the amount of time it takes to accumulate gang points.

Your upgrades cost time and money. Mine do as well. I am not trivializing anything. I am saying that you do have upgrades available, and they do, and they should, come at a significant cost.

You want these costs lowered. You want more and cheaper options.

Why do you think you're entitled?
2008.Jun.03, 10:46 AM

Entitled is a little strong. More along the lines of amending the current state of hideout upgrades and adding a few more options.

I am not contesting cost of upgrades, just the lack of options for the use of hard earned gang points.

Why should a gang be confined to utilize their GP's for a combat bonus option that may or may not be used by the entire gang? Whereas a gym training bonus contingent on gang loyalty would not only enable every member of the gang an everyday reward for their hard work, but would make said gang way more enticing than another to join.

I will amend my earlier post.

While I understand that I am not entitled to anything in life or game, I would really like to see a more diverse set of options with which to utilize my gang's efforts.