Gangs
2008.Jun.03, 11:01 AM

biffbaffboff Wrote:
biffbaffboff Wrote:I love being in a gang.My point is that is the warring worth it.I will continue to war 100% and never shirk gang responsibility.My point is that broken down the ends i.e upgrades dont justify the means.

Im thinking of a kind of fresh start humanity wise (although i know innanimate objects cannot have humanity).Perhaps along the lines that if 70% of you gang log in everyday then your gang gets 0.01 point of ...lets call it... gang credibility.
Every 10000 gang points won AFTER the implementation is = to 0.1 gang credibility.

1 gang credibility can be used to one of these.
1) +1 player energy refresh.
2) +1 player action point refresh.
3) +3 player happiness refresh.

It may take 3 months to get 1 gang credibility point but it would be well worth the effort.

Anyone have any input about this proposal?

As much as I love your idea, I don't think it's feasible. Since the effect is permanent, this would widen the gap between old gang from the new gang. In a couple years, I would see that older gang start charging membership fees.

But, if the effect is temporary, such as, use 250 GP to buy a gymboree day for the gang. It's more practical and it won’t distance the old gang from the new gang.

Maybe…
+1 player energy refresh for the day – 200GP
+1 player action point for the day – 200GP
+3 player happiness refresh for the day – 500GP
2008.Jun.03, 11:12 AM

I was also thinking of factoring gang loyalty into this equation.All would have 100% from scratch and get full benefits. i.e 0.01 for 70% activity per day in the gang as a whole.
However once a player moves gangs they go down to 90% and this would push up the gang activity per day to say 72%.It would make gang loyalty part of the equation and stop players from being brought into a gang for a fee.
2008.Jun.03, 12:14 PM

I second this opinion.

Edit: didn't want to thread jack.
2008.Jun.03, 12:42 PM

I LOVE WAR, it's the old w00k still left in me. I just can't shake it
I get bored on crime days
2008.Jun.03, 02:17 PM

g2o2d4wp Wrote:I LOVE WAR, it's the old w00k still left in me. I just can't shake it

The "old w00k" was bad arse
2008.Jun.03, 02:25 PM

w00k Wrote:
g2o2d4wp Wrote:I LOVE WAR, it's the old w00k still left in me. I just can't shake it

The "old w00k" was bad arse

and the new w00k is even badder
2008.Jun.03, 03:00 PM
Re: Gangs
biffbaffboff Wrote:So what exactly is a gang hideout for?What benefits does it serve in my quest to daily better myself?Why should i use 500 ap daily to better a place that does absolutely nothing for me in return.

The gang hideout and its upgrades are for not being continuously declared war on and be put in hospital often by some other gangs that do not think like you and want to be no.1 in whatever rankings are made to "honor" their war efforts. if you upgrade your gang a little, you won't have problems, actually you will, but very rarely.

However, if you want GCB, you'll have to work for it. i also said this before, but i don't think someone saw it.

Anyway, if we would have a Crime Success Rat (it will help you have a better success rate at your crimes, just like the GCB for PvP) that could be upgraded with gang points, maybe gangs would not be such a waste of money(AP)

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Jun.03, 03:22 PM

i callled wars a waste of AP since the new code came out. i rarely "warred" at all for the longest. it just doesnt (didnt) make good sense at all.

the addition of backup, protection, jailbusts, etc, has helped create more of a reason to war, but there is still a lot to be desired. i never use back-up / protection...its just not worth it at this time. the only upgrade you can get that helps you personally, is "gang combat" and that is costly and is not really worth it either in the long run IMO.

however, the most fun part of the game to me...IS war....but ONLY when you are at war with other online gangs. i had suggested a while ago, that you should only be able to declare against another gang, if they have X amount of players online. come what may, but to me...the online battles are a very fun aspect of this game. the catch...is that it's still not worth the $10-50k+ to have a bloody battle, unless there is more to gain than 30 gang points to go towards the 6000+ gang points it takes to upgrade your "gang combat" bonus.

if we had more options for the use of gang points, then warring would make more sense.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.Jun.03, 03:22 PM

My point here is simple.Warring needs to offer me something more tangible in my character makeup to actually make it worthwhile.

Broken down its simple.I used 200 (potential) dev points in 1 war.If i war 6 times a day with half that average im still losing 600 dev points daily.

6 wars won = 100 gang points. If you had gang combat rating of 1 and wanted to upgrade it to 2 thats going to be 3000 gang points.So thats 30x600 dev points lost... 18000 dev points.Factor into that the lost revenue with lost ap's , the cost of stims and nimbus's.All to get a combat bonus.

Its not enough.Nowhere near enough to make warring profitable for my character.

P.s like i said before 18000 is only half of what i would normally do.So realistically 36000 dev points.Thats Alot.
2008.Jun.03, 03:27 PM

biffbaffboff Wrote:My point here is simple.Warring needs to offer me something more tangible in my character makeup to actually make it worthwhile.

Crime success rate, or GCB, or higher payouts are tangible.
And i agree too, that we need more gang upgrades that help players individually.

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio