Poll: Do you feel the moderators in general do a fair job?
Yes. They make mistakes sometimes, but overall they do a good job for which they receive no compensation.
No. Not really.
Definitely not. The community should be able to remove a moderator from that position as long as he/she can be replaced by another player.
They\'re great. I\'ve never had a problem.
[Show Results]

Fairness in moderation
2008.Jan.26, 11:50 AM

Cause Baby, he's an anarchist, and we're spineless liberals...

Is singing relevant to this thread?
2008.Jan.26, 11:53 AM

Chymere Wrote:Is singing relevant to this thread?

Sure just do not use bad words. lol

You attack Evil Elf 13. You hit for 1735 damage. Evil Elf 13 resists 11 damage for a total of 1724 damage. You have killed Evil Elf 13! Congrats, you found a candy cane!
2008.Jan.26, 12:04 PM

Heh, it's a song by Against Me! - cause baby, I'm an anarchist, you're a spineless liberal... it's quite fetching in his niche.

See, now I'm completely off topic. Moderate me!
2008.Jan.26, 12:17 PM

Our mods are human. They make mistakes. They post things that they regret, or are taken the wrong way. So do I.

I'll be the first to say that if they go over the line they are warned. If they continue to not do their job how I feel it should be done, they will be removed. I do get complaints, and I do inform the mods about them. They digest the complaint and generally understand what they did wrong if it wasn't petty, then try not to make the same mistakes.

So far I feel our moderators do their job well. They aren't perfect and have posted some things I wish they hadn't, but that's just life. They weren't born as moderators. They learn from experience.

Yes I appoint the moderators. I've approached several others in the past with the challenge, and they didn't want to bother with it. Being a forum moderator doesn't mean they cannot take a stand on something, but it seems many feel they need to be robots and not have an opinion.

It does seem the same players try to push the forum mods over the limit. If they remove an entire topic, there are complaints and it's reposted by the same player. If they edit out parts that aren't appropriate, then players complain that they do selective editing. If they do nothing, people complain they did nothing.

There are ways to get your point across in the forums without being obscene, vulgar, and/or inappropriate.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jan.26, 12:28 PM

Another issue I have been seeing is when people blatantly post off topic or something vulgar, then say MODERATE ME! Well, it is obvious you are aware of the rules, and those kind of comments clearly state you know what you just did or said was wrong/off topic. The forums are not a kids game, forums are meant to be for those seeking information, or have an issue/idea for the game. My suggestion is to use off the wall section more, if you need to discuss issues off topic. I am always up for a discussion but always find mysellf reading tons of nonsense in a thread that was very entertaining or brought up a good debate.

My suggestion is to either stay on topic or open a new thread with what you want to discuss, and if it has nothing to do with the game or game mechanice, use off the wall.
2008.Jan.26, 12:33 PM

Sofresh Wrote:I am always up for a discussion but always find mysellf reading tons of nonsense in a thread that was very entertaining or brought up a good debate.

I'm assuming you're referring to my Moderate Me! comment, in which case, it was clearly relevant if you half knew the song and followed the link, which was the joke.

I apologize if this issue is so serious we can't poke fun at it without opening yet another thread Smile
2008.Jan.26, 12:41 PM

SimonAnything Wrote:As far as I'm concerned, if they are not deleting old trade threads, they are not doing a great job.

Read the announcement in the trade forum, particularly #5. It's been up there for a LONG time.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jan.26, 12:58 PM

To be honest, I think the mods do a decent enough job but do have a tendency toward bias much of the time.
2008.Jan.26, 01:03 PM

It would be helpful if you sent me a message in game when you think I have acted out of my place or not objective.

Or if this is about any other mod, that they get the same message.

Usually when all parties get a chance to explain themselves things have a way to work themselves out.

When I take a stand, I fight for that stand until I am proven wrong or convinced otherwise.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Jan.26, 03:06 PM

Pullo, you should have added a fifth option:

"I feel dumber for even reading this post."

I'd vote for that.

kthx.