Poll: Do you feel the moderators in general do a fair job?
Yes. They make mistakes sometimes, but overall they do a good job for which they receive no compensation.
No. Not really.
Definitely not. The community should be able to remove a moderator from that position as long as he/she can be replaced by another player.
They\'re great. I\'ve never had a problem.
[Show Results]

Fairness in moderation
2008.Jan.26, 07:57 AM

That would have been a much better reply than what you said to pullo.

I definitely didn't pull anything out of my hat; perhaps you need to understand that's how your reply is interpreted by others (something I'm well aware of with myself but am more than willing to admit it).

Nevertheless, I like what you said below the quote. That's what needed to be said to begin with, and it sounds like things are well.
2008.Jan.26, 07:57 AM

I think judgement day hands out a thesaurus and dictionary to gang members instead of armor or weapons, but, hey, i feel smarter after reading their stuff..bravo, fellas
2008.Jan.26, 07:59 AM

If you think those are large words; you are seriously in need of an education my friend. (that's not an insult, I say that merely on the presumption IF it is thought the wording is difficult)

That isn't even a moderately difficult vocabulary. It's actually considered quite unadvanced for a business college student.
2008.Jan.26, 08:02 AM

no, dude, just some up all night humor..i can elucidate and equivocate with the best of em..in fact, i wish stupidity was illegal, or, at the very least, painful
2008.Jan.26, 08:08 AM

As far as I'm concerned, if they are not deleting old trade threads, they are not doing a great job.
2008.Jan.26, 08:10 AM

I think we're getting quite off-topic here. I remember a funny quote with the word elucidate in it...I need to find it. It was virtually a paragraph long of ridiculously used high vocabulary that basically said "You're confusing, say it again." I think he thought the words he used were so advanced that no one would get it. It wasn't that, it was just only a fool would try to use multiple vocab words of that level one after another wish some stretching 6-7 words long (and the guy was serious).

I just received an e-mail I need to check I suppose.

Just so it's not completely off-topic; it does look like things aren't bad at all here.

As far as people "not getting along" try GiveUpAlready forums...idk how those mods do what they do for free.
2008.Jan.26, 09:28 AM

modding should be unbiased and banning the same. what holds punishment or an edit for some does not always for others which clearly shows that people are being biased.

Druchii Wrote:And I wanna point out the fact that I do play the game and is allowed to voice my opinion like every other player of this game.

yes, you are a player and are allowed to voice your opinion, we all have them. but if you are a moderator and your opinion on something shows you're biased than maybe that opinion should be kept to yourself.
2008.Jan.26, 10:06 AM

Yes, and I often do just that Smile

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Jan.26, 10:13 AM

iceman2020 Wrote:If you think those are large words; you are seriously in need of an education my friend. (that's not an insult, I say that merely on the presumption IF it is thought the wording is difficult)

That isn't even a moderately difficult vocabulary. It's actually considered quite unadvanced for a business college student.

Look out! Someone let the college kids loose!
2008.Jan.26, 10:18 AM

Druchii Wrote:No no, I'm all for a good discussion. And we have had just this discussion, about moderators, and I believe with polls, about 2 weeks ago.

If there are any moderators you are having troubles with or can't understand why they have moderated you, the best thing you can do is to talk to that specific moderator to sort out whatever issues you may have.

We are sensible grown up people, but this whole general "take everything public" attitude recently in the forum just puts people on the defensive.

Quote:Seems to me a moderator wouldn't want to squelch discussion, but rather promote it.

Guess I was wrong about that too. lol

Is there anything you don't know?

If you have been objective in your opening post, I might have been objective in my reply.

So what's best? Squelching a discussion or promoting a one-sided discussion?

[edit] And I wanna point out the fact that I do play the game and is allowed to voice my opinion like every other player of this game.

Perhaps re-reading the post is in order. It asked for basically any experiences or suggestions INCLUDING KUDOS.

iS THIS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF YOU NOT READING THE ENTIRE POST BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOUR TRAIN OF THOUGHT?