Poll: Do you feel the moderators in general do a fair job?
Yes. They make mistakes sometimes, but overall they do a good job for which they receive no compensation.
No. Not really.
Definitely not. The community should be able to remove a moderator from that position as long as he/she can be replaced by another player.
They\'re great. I\'ve never had a problem.
[Show Results]

Fairness in moderation
2008.Jan.26, 10:20 AM

Yes... let's give the community power to select their moderators when they disagree with the rulings. That's how justice works best.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Zen chooses her moderators, and this is her backyard. I'm guessing if you have any complaints about her enforcers... you can take them to her. If that doesn't work, start a rebellion.

If you are trying to start a rebellion, might I suggest using more covert methods?
2008.Jan.26, 10:30 AM

Chymere Wrote:Yes... let's give the community power to select their moderators when they disagree with the rulings. That's how justice works best.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Zen chooses her moderators, and this is her backyard. I'm guessing if you have any complaints about her enforcers... you can take them to her. If that doesn't work, start a rebellion.

If you are trying to start a rebellion, might I suggest using more covert methods?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this thread simply opens the topic up for discussion. Pullo was quite fair and gave plenty of options. What part of Pullo's post did you feel encouraged the start of some "rebellion"?
2008.Jan.26, 10:33 AM

Well I've been following the whole "situation(s)" from the start and I just noticed something interesting...

I'm doing a lot of assuming here because I'm sure there has been a lot going on behind the scenes that I'm unaware of.

But if biff was banned from posting on the forums for re-posting the contents of an email he received, then would it not be a safe assumption to believe that the original sender of the egregious email would at least be subject to an email ban?

I ask because I just checked the federal jail and didn't see Nitromthn's name on the list of those whose mailing privileges have been suspended. If Nitromthn did in fact send the types of emails biff was banned from the forum for showing the forum readers, I would imagine the penalty would be as severe, if not more severe, for someone who would send something like that in the first place.

Granted, this doesn't really have any direct reflection on the mods or the quality of the job they are doing, and is probably off topic, just curious though Razz
2008.Jan.26, 10:37 AM

JadedRadiance Wrote:But if biff was banned from posting on the forums for re-posting the contents of an email he received, then would it not be a safe assumption to believe that the original sender of the egregious email would at least be subject to an email ban?

There is no doubt there, what's good for the goose should be good for the gander.
2008.Jan.26, 10:38 AM

Quote:What part of Pullo's post did you feel encouraged the start of some "rebellion"?

"Definitely not. The community should be able to remove a moderator from that position as long as he/she can be replaced by another player."

In pseudo-politics, which is what is being attempted here... that's called a putsch. Trying to overthrow someone in a position of authority in order to replace them with one of your own.
2008.Jan.26, 10:47 AM

Chymere Wrote:
Quote:What part of Pullo's post did you feel encouraged the start of some "rebellion"?

"Definitely not. The community should be able to remove a moderator from that position as long as he/she can be replaced by another player."

In pseudo-politics, which is what is being attempted here... that's called a putsch. Trying to overthrow someone in a position of authority in order to replace them with one of your own.

If you don't like that option, choose another. Smile
2008.Jan.26, 10:55 AM

mtngti Wrote:If you don't like that option, choose another. Smile

Oh I did, but the initial post said to discuss rather than simply click and vote. I think the option in itself is inflammatory and not all conductive to an open discussion within the community - since that option basically calls for something that is impossible if you adhere to it.

If the mods are unfair to a point where a putsch is openly considered - enough to be included in a poll to get the pulse of the moment - an open discussion with everyone involved just isn't gonna happen. If it does, AL has the coolest boards ever.

I'll be watching Smile
2008.Jan.26, 10:57 AM

I have been watching this stuff going on from the outside and think it is funny. The mods are people, as people they will make some mistakes and have some bias that is unavoidable. I know people would not like it if the mods started to crack down on everything. They are trying to do there best and they have to make decisions on what has gone to far over the line. If everyone would stop trying to push the line farther and farther where the mods have to step in we would not be having this problem. But in every group of people there are those who think that because someone could break the rules that they could to and then try and push even farther. Then they act insulted and surprised when the mods say we are not putting up with this anymore. I say if everyone would look at themselves and say what can I do to help out not what smart mouth post can I make, how far can I push the filters and how can I insult someone with out making it look like an insult we would have a lot better community and a lot less moding. That is just my 2 cents.

edit to put in my vote. I voted for Great job never had problem.

You attack Evil Elf 13. You hit for 1735 damage. Evil Elf 13 resists 11 damage for a total of 1724 damage. You have killed Evil Elf 13! Congrats, you found a candy cane!
2008.Jan.26, 11:26 AM

I already stated my opinion on the matter in a previous thread

fascists.
2008.Jan.26, 11:46 AM

In the words of George Orwell.

"It would seem that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox hunting, bullfighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else."

So in what context are you calling us fasicsts.

You attack Evil Elf 13. You hit for 1735 damage. Evil Elf 13 resists 11 damage for a total of 1724 damage. You have killed Evil Elf 13! Congrats, you found a candy cane!