AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Fairness in moderation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Mighke

Lately, I've noticed many in the community feeling as though the moderators aren't even handed in their editing. First, I've been told they are volunteers and as such can do what they want within reason. I guess that's just the way it is. It's not like they're getting paid to edit or remove posts.

But since there has been so much talk about it, a poll may be in order just to see which way the wind is blowing.

Feel free to discuss problems you've experienced, kudos you want to give a particular moderator, or ideas on the moderating process.

Also, please be polite. You can state your feelings without having to be mean.

Rainbow

I believe that the moderators are all doing their job to the best of there ability. I have yet to have a single problem with them. They are awesome for doing so much, without getting anything back in return.

*Go Ush! You Rawk!*
Rofl. You are really on a roll lately Pullo. Wanna take up everything and discuss it with the community. Let me guess you are bored and wanna stir up something?

Whatever feelings I have against people in the game, it has nothing to do with moderating. Moderating is purely keeping threads clean, respectful and on topic.

Yes, I have made off topic posts, shoot me. We don't remove every single off topic post, and even moderators should be allowed to have fun.

If people want the freedom to harass other people, you're more then free to do that. Just remember that the forum is a privilege and not a right, when you play in Zeniths backyard you will have to follow her rules.

Until we moderators get a message back from Zenith with things we have to improve I suspect that we are doing an okay job.

This will remove your boredom Pullo

Mighke

Druchii Wrote:Rofl. You are really on a roll lately Pullo. Wanna take up everything and discuss it with the community. Let me guess you are bored and wanna stir up something?

Whatever feelings I have against people in the game, it has nothing to do with moderating. Moderating is purely keeping threads clean, respectful and on topic.

Yes, I have made off topic posts, shoot me. We don't remove every single off topic post, and even moderators should be allowed to have fun.

If people want the freedom to harass other people, you're more then free to do that. Just remember that the forum is a privilege and not a right, when you play in Zeniths backyard you will have to follow her rules.

Until we moderators get a message back from Zenith with things we have to improve I suspect that we are doing an okay job.

This will remove your boredom Pullo[/url]

What's the matter Dru? (Or are you so long winded you forgot?) I think I have a right to post in the forum. Did you find my post abusive or rude like your post to me was? Are you afraid of what the community might say?

Seems to me a moderator wouldn't want to squelch discussion, but rather promote it.

Guess I was wrong about that too. lol

Is there anything you don't know?
No no, I'm all for a good discussion. And we have had just this discussion, about moderators, and I believe with polls, about 2 weeks ago.

If there are any moderators you are having troubles with or can't understand why they have moderated you, the best thing you can do is to talk to that specific moderator to sort out whatever issues you may have.

We are sensible grown up people, but this whole general "take everything public" attitude recently in the forum just puts people on the defensive.

Quote:Seems to me a moderator wouldn't want to squelch discussion, but rather promote it.

Guess I was wrong about that too. lol

Is there anything you don't know?

If you have been objective in your opening post, I might have been objective in my reply.

So what's best? Squelching a discussion or promoting a one-sided discussion?

[edit] And I wanna point out the fact that I do play the game and is allowed to voice my opinion like every other player of this game.

filthymick

FOOD FIGHT!!!!
I'm rather the one for mudwrestling!
Eh. The moderators are fine with me. Sometimes, they frag up or make a move I think is stupid to the max, but they don't really bother me any.

I've already apologized to 'em for the bannin' issue, too. Don't hurt me. :shock: :shock: :shock:

EDIT BY ZEN
It's frag! Stick with our new curse words Smile

iceman2020

I found that post repulsive as well. But this line bothered me more than anything.

Quote:Until we moderators get a message back from Zenith with things we have to improve I suspect that we are doing an okay job.

That's similar to saying "we are not capable of taking any extensive amount of time to judge whether our actions could have been made better" or "as long as we are doing the minimal job, then nevertheless, we are still doing our job."

Yes he has a right to go public. You ever hear of conspiracy theories, or a company or two name Enron or Worldcom?

To take it from the business perspective, corporate governance my friend. The public has a right to scrutinize (or simply just QUESTION, not even make a judgement) anything they wish (with the exception of immature, unrelated the game of AL topics of course).

I was going to vote for they're doing great; now I'll just withhold my vote to see the response (or lack of) to this.
hehe nice one, I gotta hand it to you. You can surely pull a rabbit out of a hat.

It means that we have had good enough control on the forum for over a year. Not that it was hard the first 2-3 months I was moderator, people got along, and those that didn't resorted to using ingame mail or simply ignore one another.

And I simply won't back down from an ongoing discussion like this.

Quote:That's similar to saying "we are not capable of taking any extensive amount of time to judge whether our actions could have been made better" or "as long as we are doing the minimal job, then nevertheless, we are still doing our job."

No it isn't. At all, it means that we have been using our common sense when we have been modifying, locking, removing threads. And that so far we have done a good job.

There will always be those that wander around in darkness ticked off cause their funny or witty insults got removed or edited, and if it is they or we who stepped over the line. That part is hard to decide. But you are forgetting our primary rule when we help keep the forum clean.

Our goal is to help players not make "unlucky" forum posts that might haunt them throughout their gaming experience. When they do it, we try to remove some of the useless banter/taunts or remove the thread entirely. You ask why? Because we want people that mess up to feel that moderators are looking out for them, no matter who they are. And we don't moderate people after face value.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's