Disturbing New Trends
2008.Jan.25, 07:49 PM

cheetah Wrote:And as I tell my children, "I don't speak Whinese"

my new favorite phrase, Thank You
2008.Jan.25, 11:18 PM

Howlsong Wrote:Another thing chance is correct as well gang wars have no meaning without repercussions for losing. Its bound to find a new outlet somewhere and unfortunately some of us have found a way.

Ya i'm quoting myself. I was just wondering Zen if you've come up with any ideas on what if anything you plan to bring in to make Gang Wars more meaningful again. I dont believe that the poll you created when the new code was instated ever gave a concrete idea as to what if anything should be done.

Would it be possible to create another poll or have people throw out more ideas as to what should happen if/when you lose a war?

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.Jan.26, 04:40 AM

Howlsong Wrote:
Howlsong Wrote:Another thing chance is correct as well gang wars have no meaning without repercussions for losing. Its bound to find a new outlet somewhere and unfortunately some of us have found a way.

Ya i'm quoting myself. I was just wondering Zen if you've come up with any ideas on what if anything you plan to bring in to make Gang Wars more meaningful again. I dont believe that the poll you created when the new code was instated ever gave a concrete idea as to what if anything should be done.

Would it be possible to create another poll or have people throw out more ideas as to what should happen if/when you lose a war?

Sounds like a reasonable idea, The winner doesn't get much, but the loser really should lose something. Until this point, the new gang war code has been nothing more than a waste of career points and APs. IMO anyway. And complaints have fallen on hearing impaired ears.
2008.Jan.26, 06:20 AM

Mocking people who start pathetic whining threads is the only way to police and prevent that type of behavior. It may appear harsh, but its just tough love. People will stop whining eventually when they realize nothing good will come out of it. And then they'll quit the game in silence.

AL has been PT'd
2008.Jan.26, 07:21 AM

I'm hungry..

And QUIT mocking my whining threads. :x :x

I love to whine whenever someone has to have me hospitalized nonstop. They sure show their guebos, there. No mucho GUEBOS!
2008.Jan.26, 07:42 AM
Re: Disturbing New Trends
Mighke Wrote:I've noticed a couple viral-like threads on the forum lately:

!. Players posting "I'm quitting" threads but they never seem to quit.

2. Players posting to complain about being on the losing end of a crime, gangwar, or other thuggish activity in a game of thugs.

Very puzzling.

Has anyone noticed any other trends in the game or forums?

as marlo would say, "discuss." Smile

Something that I think is worthwhile to discuss in this context is whether or not the forums are a 'seperate entity' from the game.

Should I feel bad retaliating against someone in the game who I feel has 'attacked' or unfairly characterized me in the forums?

And should people be bringing squabbles from personal mail and other accusations to the forum in the first place..?
2008.Jan.26, 07:53 AM

"And should people be bringing squabbles from personal mail and other accusations to the forum in the first place..?"

They absolutely should. Those threads are great entertainment for the rest of us, and provides a great platform for mockery and ridicule.
2008.Jan.26, 08:00 AM

the pen is mightier than the sword...unless your accuracy is level 10 or more.
Twisted
2008.Jan.26, 08:06 AM

BlackJeep Wrote:"And should people be bringing squabbles from personal mail and other accusations to the forum in the first place..?"

They absolutely should. Those threads are great entertainment for the rest of us, and provides a great platform for mockery and ridicule.

Good point..

What about the other side of that? Should someones posts on the forum be a basis for attacks in the game?
2008.Jan.26, 10:13 AM

Wait... I'm new, and I'm hopelessly silly, but I don't get it.

So people have complained about the game being unfair and its players being bullied. In response to those complaints... those people have been mocked quite a bit. To the extent that this thread was created to denounce the viral aspect of the complaining... by adding viral mockery to balance it out.

In response to the mockery being called out... people complain about the game being boring to explain their bullying... which, this being a crime-based game in a post-apocalyptic world... shouldn't need any explaining... except that it's ran by a nice lady who preaches respect - and that is nothing new.

Yep, you big strong guys are sure lucky to be the only ones with big strong guns. Cause in real life, that pig wouldn't fly even if you grafted it wings.
Thread Closed