Apologies
2011.Nov.23, 10:16 PM
RE: Apologies
(2011.Nov.23 07:15 PM)cipher Wrote:  As Dusti's post mentioned, the flu vaccine is made from inactive virus strains.

It can't give you the flu. What it can give you is some of the symptoms of having the flu, and those are caused by your body's immune system responding to the vaccine.

It's the same reason I can't usually tell if it's a cold or allergies which are affecting me, since the symptoms often present the same.

Another reason people usually complain that the vaccines don't work is they pick something like three flu strains that they think are most likely to hit you, and build the vaccine for those. There are way more strains than that, so all you have to do is contract one of those strains you haven't been vaccinated for, and end up feeling like the vaccine was worthless. What you don't know is how many times you came into contact with the ones you were vaccinated for, and thus protected from.

you might have to shorten that up a bit to explain it to a couple of the posters in this forum
2011.Nov.23, 11:50 PM
(2011.Nov.23 07:15 PM)cipher Wrote:  As Dusti's post mentioned, the flu vaccine is made from inactive virus strains.

It can't give you the flu. What it can give you is some of the symptoms of having the flu, and those are caused by your body's immune system responding to the vaccine.

It's the same reason I can't usually tell if it's a cold or allergies which are affecting me, since the symptoms often present the same.

Another reason people usually complain that the vaccines don't work is they pick something like three flu strains that they think are most likely to hit you, and build the vaccine for those. There are way more strains than that, so all you have to do is contract one of those strains you haven't been vaccinated for, and end up feeling like the vaccine was worthless. What you don't know is how many times you came into contact with the ones you were vaccinated for, and thus protected from.

For someone who can be debilitated from the flu, having the flu shot every year definitely helps to prevent getting sick constantly, especially when you work around the public. I would rather have some sort of "flu like symptoms" for 2 days from the shot instead of wondering all winter how many days am I going to stay healthy.

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2011.Nov.24, 12:24 AM

Strictly speaking, this isn't 100% true. They try to make them inactive, but viruses are unpredictable and sometimes (albeit rarely in high-profile diseases such as flus) they contain active strains. Further, generally people experience mild symptoms because the body quickly launches into a defensive mechanism after recognizing the flu.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2011.Nov.24, 02:45 AM
(2011.Nov.23 09:37 PM)SisterLynx Wrote:  
(2011.Nov.23 02:47 PM)tables18 Wrote:  I dont drugs or achool or tobacco what pills are you takeing sister? post to sister flu shots suck you do know what their made of right watch the history channel or one of them?

Oh lawd, you going to be one of those idiot parents that doesn't vaccinate their kids?

I don't take pills.

hey!!!! i dont think i ever got vaccinated for anything, and i almost never get sick
2011.Nov.24, 07:33 AM
(2011.Nov.24 02:45 AM)CrimsonFox Wrote:  
(2011.Nov.23 09:37 PM)SisterLynx Wrote:  
(2011.Nov.23 02:47 PM)tables18 Wrote:  I dont drugs or achool or tobacco what pills are you takeing sister? post to sister flu shots suck you do know what their made of right watch the history channel or one of them?

Oh lawd, you going to be one of those idiot parents that doesn't vaccinate their kids?

I don't take pills.

hey!!!! i dont think i ever got vaccinated for anything, and i almost never get sick

If you don't know if you're vaccinated or not i would find out. Good luck ever traveling out of country or o any major cities.

Who gives a drek.
2011.Nov.24, 07:37 AM
im canadian and i live in fucking africa. not getting vaccinated hasnt made a difference to me
2011.Nov.24, 09:40 AM
(2011.Nov.24 07:37 AM)CrimsonFox Wrote:  im canadian and i live in fucking africa. not getting vaccinated hasnt made a difference to me

Well, being Canadian explains a lot...

Just realized that sounds way worse than what I intended. Meaning I don't think vaccinating is as big up there as it is in the U.S.
This post was last modified: 2011.Nov.24 09:42 AM by DustiWoot.

Who gives a drek.
2011.Nov.24, 10:10 AM
nice cover
2011.Nov.24, 10:46 AM
(2011.Nov.24 10:10 AM)spacebird Wrote:  nice cover

Hey, I'm nice today. Maybe not tomorrow. hehe

Who gives a drek.
2011.Nov.24, 11:04 AM
(2011.Nov.24 09:40 AM)DustiWoot Wrote:  
(2011.Nov.24 07:37 AM)CrimsonFox Wrote:  im canadian and i live in fucking africa. not getting vaccinated hasnt made a difference to me

Well, being Canadian explains a lot...

Just realized that sounds way worse than what I intended. Meaning I don't think vaccinating is as big up there as it is in the U.S.

canada also has free health care, unlike you guys, so if we get sick we get to go to the hospitol for free