Complex Meth
2007.Jun.11, 02:21 PM

Erm Saerin, that's probablly because Airport Secuirity is a 28AP crime, whereas Complex Meth is a 22AP. By the way G I didn't understand the joke, explain in game if you wanna. Razz
2007.Jun.11, 03:07 PM

If you can do the airport security crime at your level and with your stats anywhere over 25% success, I'm gonna whine and quit too...

I've seen the meth lab give me up to 1483$ but now its boring and other crimes have same or better payouts (at least higher average, I don't get 1238$ 1 time and 364$ the next).

And yes, for 93% of the world population, if they can't do or have something very easily, they will quit or leave it, plain and simple. It's a very old and known fact.

I'm in favor of a harder complex meth lab if the exp is a little better and maybe up the minimum income from it a bit?

1 funny thing though, I haven't seen any1 over level 25 complain about it, probably because they know how boring it is to do the same crime over and over from level 13 to 25+... I'm recently changed to fraud crimes and I still don't get them at 98% like I was doing the meth lab. It's funnier and at least a little challenging.

Go Zen!!!
2007.Jun.11, 03:13 PM

We must be quite different than Shauma, money money money coming from this end lol. It's might be harder for me to donate though that might be the difference, maybe. Still if it was harder I would of been a little annoyed because I would of had to find a new crime and went back on myself but i woudln't of been bothered to sending a message of complaint to zenny or complaining about it on the forums, I would of got on with it and been poor for the next year or so lol. Again though that's the difference between people and people.

*Crouches a little*
Isn't it a beautiful world. Twisted
2007.Jun.11, 03:29 PM

I like the emails I am getting over this minor change. The best was "why the hell are you letting the players tell you what to do and make the crime easier than before the change". I've had a couple like that.

So let me reiterate. Complex Meth is harder than it was, but not as hard as the original change I had made. Looking at the stats showed me the change made a large group of players drop below 0% success chance (even though once you get there you still have a minimum chance at success).

As for increasing the XP from it, the XP gained from crimes is directly related to how easy it is. If you have a 90% success chance, you are getting almost no XP. If you have a 50% chance, you get more than the standard rate. That's how it's always been. For the 2 lucky souls out there who succeeded at a crime where they had -100% calculated chance and earned 3K+ XP on one attempt, I salute you.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jun.11, 03:47 PM

Thats interesting cose airport security gets me in jail on a regular basis...I wonder why????

Can you spell the requeired stats?

G
2007.Jun.11, 04:35 PM

meh, I'm making almost as much money stealing a couple cars. I don't see the big deal.
2007.Jun.11, 06:01 PM

zenith Wrote:I like the emails I am getting over this minor change. The best was "why the hell are you letting the players tell you what to do and make the crime easier than before the change". I've had a couple like that.

So let me reiterate. Complex Meth is harder than it was, but not as hard as the original change I had made. Looking at the stats showed me the change made a large group of players drop below 0% success chance (even though once you get there you still have a minimum chance at success).

As for increasing the XP from it, the XP gained from crimes is directly related to how easy it is. If you have a 90% success chance, you are getting almost no XP. If you have a 50% chance, you get more than the standard rate. That's how it's always been. For the 2 lucky souls out there who succeeded at a crime where they had -100% calculated chance and earned 3K+ XP on one attempt, I salute you.

I salute you once more, for dealing with those regularly and for keeping this game always more interesting and entertaining, no matter what you have to do to. Twisted

p.s. I wish I had a crime like that with a 5-10% chance of success that would give me a ton of exp. Smile
2007.Jun.11, 07:07 PM

hydro9226 Wrote:p.s. I wish I had a crime like that with a 5-10% chance of success that would give me a ton of exp. Smile

I'll look into it Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jun.11, 07:20 PM

Thank you Zen for listening!!

I explained to a colleague of mine that when I was running a site I would rather have someone write me a letter complaining about something they didn't like than having them up and leave for no apparent reason. Its great to know just how much you care about the multitudes enough to listen and then rethink than just ignore us as whiners.

I admit that I would have found something else to do instead but going from a 93% success rate to 0% was a mite shocking even for me.

I also don't think that we all get together and complain like this often (we're all usually at odds), so here's hoping no-one considers trying to take advantage of you in the Future.

You run a Great Site!!! :wink: Biggrin

I just wish I could rob a real bank.... sigh
2007.Jun.11, 08:38 PM

Now I'm very curious, i just did 2 complex meth lab, getting 2235$ for both and I got exactly 0 experience out of them.

Am I that intelligent already for the crime to be of absolute no challenge at all and I will never fail it again??
Thread Closed