New Career Skills - A Must Read (for monk)
2011.Jul.02, 04:17 PM
RE: New Career Skills - A Must Read (for monk)
(2011.Jul.02 02:41 PM)Joshiwa Wrote:  What can you do with Athletics? Can I have my own fame that makes people kiss my feet in a fight because I'm too cool for cats? What about crazy fans that defend me in a fight like gang backup?
Better conversion rates for athletics would be most appreciated cause everyday I'm reminded that I made a bad career move.

Maybe a % boost on crimes due to a car, clothing, beverage, or shoe endorsement? Multiple endorsements and bonuses as your career levels up?

The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
2011.Jul.02, 09:32 PM
i'll think of a few things for athletics, no worries! not like they'll get added in anyways

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2011.Jul.03, 01:18 PM
i added in some athletics ideas

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2011.Jul.03, 01:46 PM
(2011.Jul.01 12:07 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  Athletics -

level 12 - Sprint. Most athletes require an intense amount of speed to be successful, and these athletes are no exception. using sprint will allow you to score between 1 and 10 free attacks (no criticals, based on athletic career level) BEFORE the first round of your next attack (not defend). if your next fight is a defend, you have a 50% chance to escape a losing fight, meaning if they take you down to 20% or less HP, you can run away with no loss hp or hospital or jail time. additionally, the opponent may be jailed if they are caught "assaulting" you (10% chance on a runaway). Fight on, brothers!

level 15 (passive) - Due to all your speed and endurance training, you are sometimes able to throw in an extra attack in battle (use that gat). There is a 1%-5% chance (based on career level) that you will attack in between rounds. This can only occur once per battle, and can cause a critical hit.

level 20 - Being an athlete allows you access to A-List things, such as people, money, and - Planes! yes, a really nice plane can get you from A to B for free. well, after you've bought it, of course. with career points (it just makes sense). you can only use them up to twice a day (your pilots need sleep, too), but you can go anywhere in decatur (that you're a high enough level to) for free. Additionally, when you buy a plane, your banking interest is doubled (why not?)

level 20 (passive) - your household name and your babyface image make it nearly impossible for people to accuse you of committing a crime. you automatically have a 25% better chance of avoiding "red" crime results, and if you do go to jail, you will receive 15% lighter sentences. beware, though, there is a 1% chance that you will receive a double sentence as some judge may want to "make an example of you." Additionally, there is a new "crime" for you - Endorsement deal. You may be a level 25 athlete, but that doesnt mean you get to make millions. we're in decatur, not new york. Endorsement will go in the "Crimes" section, and will cost 30AP to commit. you will earn your career level times 250 in cash (+/- $250), and it cannot fail. Because of the stupid crap people will make you do for endorsements, you will gain 10 endurance development points per endorsement. however, a lot of people will think you're a douchey sellout. You cannot do more than 10 endorsements per day.

Politics -

Manufacturing -

Heck yeah!! 250X25 in cash for endorsements is 6250. Times that by 10 per day is 62500 in cash daily plus whatever else I earn and 100 endurance dev points a day. Athletics would be sick!! If only this could happen.
2011.Jul.03, 01:55 PM
I dont like the earning endurance for enorsments. I think that makes it to one sided. Don't get my wrong I'd love it, but im already getting over 20 points a day.

2:28 pm icecoldchillin attacked you and lost. Delete
2:00 pm deadmanwalking attacked you and lost. Delete
2011.Jul.03, 02:13 PM
i was tired. i did the math wrong. i'll have to fix that. it should be 10X your career level.

2011.Jul.20, 07:25 PM
*cough* zenith check these out

2011.Jul.21, 12:17 AM
Quote:nearly impossible for people to accuse you of committing a crime. you automatically have a 25% better chance of avoiding "red" crime results, and if you do go to jail, you will receive 15% lighter sentences. beware, though, there is a 1% chance that you will receive a double sentence as some judge may want to "make an example of you."

politics should also have something similar.
they could also have some bonus in fraud crimes!

"No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." - Fernando Pessoa
2011.Jul.22, 01:01 AM
Id base manufacturing around belts, possibly bring back the supercharge Wink maybe allow manus to alter the belts to emit a burst of electricity during a fight on a par with the grenade bonus's

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2011.Jul.22, 05:54 AM
Zenith, I would like the game to work so it is impossible for me to bite off with someone who is more than 30 stat levels lower than me.

Thanks for your lack of input!

I smoke crack!