AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: New Career Skills - A Must Read (for monk)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
**** I've been typing/thinking for 35 minutes, and i've been ignoring my video games, so i'm going to post what i have and wait for some comments. if i get positive feedback, i'll continue with the rest. thank you****

here are my ideas for careers. they are basically additions that are necessary for careers. take from this list what you will, they are just my basic ideas that can be tweaked, adjusted, changed, etc., but this is a good place to start from. i've done this before, but i'll do it again, mostly thanks to my "to do list," found here . please post your thoughts!

TLDR version before i start: every career should have at least one new ability (for expediency i'm going to use at career level 12), a passive (always on, no CP required) ability attained at level 15, if another ability is available, it's at level 20, and a super or upgrade passive at level 25. thank you for your time. side note: when i say attacking/defending, I DO NOT MEAN WAR. if there is a war upgrade, i will mention it. do not assume attack/defend means gang war. it does not.

the LONG version:

Engineering -

At level 12, engineering should acquire a new ability - the ability to create temporary weapons. There should be two types of temp. weapons - grenades, which are an automatic one-time use (if equipped) for attacks only. there is a 50% chance that they deal any damage, which ranges from 10-25% of the defender's maximum HP, a 40% chance that they will miss, and a 10% chance that they will cause damage to the user (1-10% of the attacker's hp). The other type is a landmine, which is an automatic one-time use (if equipped) for defense only. there is a 50% chance that this item will deal any damage, from 15-30% of the attacker's hp, and 50% chance that it will miss. landmines are immobile, so presumably in a defensive capacity you won't mine yourself -.-

at level 15 (passive) - engineers deal a flat 5% more damage using temporary items (up to 30% with grenades, rather than 25%), have a 5% better chance at using them (i.e. 55% chance for damage instead of the normal 50%, and 5% chance of being hurt by their own grenades), and also receive 5% less damage from an enemy's temporary items. if two level 15+ engineers face each other, these bonuses are negated. THEY CANNOT TRADE ANY TEMP. ITEMS AT THIS LEVEL.

level 20 - engineers can upgrade armor. i havent thought specifics on this one, but possibly additional resistances or other stats, and maybe reduce encumbrance. some possibilities for this

level 25 (passive) - there is a 5% chance that when an engineer uses a grenade or mine in battle it will stun the opponent for 10 rounds, making them incapable of attacking (this ability is not negated when facing another engineer). Additionally, at level 25, they can now trade temporary items to other players.

Martial Arts -

at level 12, martial artists should be able to learn the "disarm" ability. when used (a certain about of CP per fight), there is a % chance (1 - 20% max) that on the first move of their next fight (attack or defense), they will disarm their opponent for the first 15 rounds, rendering them an unarmed combatant. there is also a 5% chance that this will backfire on the martial artist, which means they will take up to 25% bonus damage (i.e. if the opponent would deal 100 dmg, they deal 125 instead, NOT HP based) on the FIRST round of that fight.

at level 15 (passive) - martial artists learn the passive ability "Kick." a kick is a normal attack based on dexterity and strength that deals a flat amount of damage (up for debate, but lets say 0 - 250 for kicks. haha, get it?) in between rounds (which means you can effectively attack twice in one round). a kick can only occur up to 3 times per fight. this ability is not negated by other martial artists. a kick CAN be COMPLETELY resisted (receive 0 dmg).

level 20 - i have not thought of a level 20 ability for martial artists at the time, but their level 25 is pretty damned good

level 25 (passive) - the martial artist has learned to "shrug off" damage, meaning that 10% of all incoming damage is ignored completely (this DOES NOT include temporary items). this ability is not negated by another martial artist.

Military -

level 12 - an experienced soldier knows his gun like he would a part of his body. this being the case, he knows what would make his gun more efficient in single combat. a level 12 soldier can upgrade his weaponry with scopes, improved magazines, and change the bullets. these changes can increase accuracy, damage, and can even cause a rare "multi attack" (attack twice per round). i havent done the "maths" for all of these possibilities (i.e. what % chance for a multi attack, how much damage increase), but whatever. this is just an idea.

level 15 (passive) - soldiers get more out of their ranged weaponry. all ranged attacks deal 5% bonus damage, and 10% bonus damage to unarmored opponents. this will stack with their item bonuses.

level 20 - Veteran soldiers are privy to special military-grade equipment. this means new armor, helmets, and ranged weapons that are not available to the general public, and cannot be traded. the higher the level of the soldier, the better his new weapons are. they will cost a lot of CP (1,000 to 5,000 per EQ). they CAN be upgraded, but far less than normal items (making them about equal, but military weapons are better).

level 25 (passive) - when using a ranged weapon, soldiers have learned to ignore parts of an enemy's armor. all enemies (attack or defend) attack with -10 resistance (to a minimum of 1) vs. a level 25 soldier.

Construction -

level 12 - construction workers know how to use their hands. and they also know what makes their tools, such as hammers and axes, break even the hardest of rocks. level 12 construction workers can sharpen their blades and increase the weight of hammers to make them more effective on and off duty (like, let's say, in a fight perhaps?). upgraded items can be traded to other players.

level 15 (passive) - construction workers have a natural affinity for breaking things. All damage with melee weapons deals 5% bonus damage when attacking and defending.

level 20 - Construction workers work with a lot of tools that resemble weapons, such as axes and hammers. Additionally, many construction workers have decided to take up acting as blacksmiths on the weekends (they need the money). construction workers can now create certain melee items (axes and hammers. duh.) that can be slightly modified. these items cannot be traded to other players. They upgrade in strength with higher career levels (same cost as military).

level 25 (passive) - Through years of hard work, construction workers have become tough and strong. All level 25 construction workers receive a 5% bonus to all strength training from here on out.

Medical -

level 12 - Gain the ability to bust people out of the hospital using career points. This is a possible idea, but i think there are things more useful than this, as it would only be useful for gang wars and for EXP farming. otherwise, you're saving a random guy stims.

level 15 (passive) - you have a random chance to heal yourself in battle by your medical level x 10. this can only occur 5x per battle, and occurs between rounds. there is a 1% chance that it can happen per round (there are no diminishing results, simply 1% per round).

level 20 - Years of medical expertise allow you to create poisonous (and sometimes beneficial) temporary items that can be used once in battle for attacking or defending. There are a variety of possibilities here - if poisoned, it can reduce enemy resistance, accuracy, damage, and cause dizziness (enemy has a chance to miss and also hurt him/herself), or it could increase your resistance, damage, accuracy, or dodging. potentially could also deal additional damage (i.e. 20-50hp per round in damage). However, using too many of these temporary items on yourself can reduce your total hp by 25% for 24 hours (i.e. dont use more than 5 temporary items on yourself in one day!). These items can NOT be traded.

level 25 (passive) - Your random chance to heal yourself in battle is improved to 2% per round, and up to a maximum of 10 times per battle.

Science -

level 12 - Scientists have learned how to tweak "borgs." by this, they are now able to adjust the power of their gang members' borgs. Each borg can only be adjusted one time. this means basically one of two things - you can either improve the power a borg provides (if it's +1 str, upgrade it to +1.2str), or you can reduce the humanity loss to it (-.5 hum is now -.4 hum), this "giving back" your gang members' humanity. This ability will improve with your science level (soft cap of 100% bonus or 50% humanity reduction, diminishing results after a certain point)

level 15 (passive) - Scientists have learned many of the ins and outs of borging. they can now improve the borgs of non-gang members. Scientists now get a 10% damage bonus when battling against Cyborg opponents. This is not negated when battling another level 15 scientist

level 20 - Scientists have learned how to implant temporary borgs. These borgs do not reduce humanity, but they will increase your stats just as a borg would (+1 str, +1 dex, etc. Strength and duration are dependent on level). You cannot have more than 3 temporary borgs installed at one time. You must install between one and three borgs in a 30-minute interval (after 30 minutes you cannot install additional temp. borgs). If you have one, when it expires you must wait 24 hours before re-borging. If you have two, you must wait 72 hours, and if you have three, you must wait 144 hours before borging again. These borgs can be used on gang members. They cannot be used on any player who has less than 1 humanity.

level 25 (passive) - Scientists begin going mad with their work. Every time their upgrade a player's borg, they lose .01 humanity. However, they gain 1% of their current intelligence level development points (whatever is required to level your intelligence). Every time they install a temporary borg, they lose .005 humanity, but gain .5% of their current intelligence level development points. Additionally, there is a 5% chance that when fighting a cyborg in battle, they will disable ALL of their cyborgs for that fight. higher intelligence will affect the power of your borging efforts

Athletics -

level 12 - Sprint. Most athletes require an intense amount of speed to be successful, and these athletes are no exception. using sprint will allow you to score between 1 and 10 free attacks (no criticals, based on athletic career level) BEFORE the first round of your next attack (not defend). if your next fight is a defend, you have a 50% chance to escape a losing fight, meaning if they take you down to 20% or less HP, you can run away with no loss hp or hospital or jail time. additionally, the opponent may be jailed if they are caught "assaulting" you (10% chance on a runaway). Fight on, brothers!

level 15 (passive) - Due to all your speed and endurance training, you are sometimes able to throw in an extra attack in battle (use that gat). There is a 1%-5% chance (based on career level) that you will attack in between rounds. This can only occur once per battle, and can cause a critical hit.

level 20 - Being an athlete allows you access to A-List things, such as people, money, and - Planes! yes, a really nice plane can get you from A to B for free. well, after you've bought it, of course. with career points (it just makes sense). you can only use them up to twice a day (your pilots need sleep, too), but you can go anywhere in decatur (that you're a high enough level to) for free. Additionally, when you buy a plane, your banking interest is doubled (why not?)

level 25 (passive) - your household name and your babyface image make it nearly impossible for people to accuse you of committing a crime. you automatically have a 25% better chance of avoiding "red" crime results, and if you do go to jail, you will receive 15% lighter sentences. beware, though, there is a 1% chance that you will receive a double sentence as some judge may want to "make an example of you." Additionally, there is a new "crime" for you - Endorsement deal. You may be a level 25 athlete, but that doesnt mean you get to make millions. we're in decatur, not new york. Endorsement will go in the "Crimes" section, and will cost 30AP to commit. you will earn your career level times 100 in cash (+/- $250), and it cannot fail. Because of the stupid crap people will make you do for endorsements, you will gain 10 endurance development points per endorsement. however, a lot of people will think you're a douchey sellout. You cannot do more than 10 endorsements per day.

Politics -

Manufacturing -
Interesting, but possibly overpowered.
Overpowered or not, these are some great ideas poptart.
i doubt they are overpowered, as everyone can get them. they are just different Smile and remember, numbers can be tweaked. btw, if u get level 25 in a career, you effing deserve somethin good. just sayin..

it took me like a year and a half to get level 20+ military, so i dont think it's unreasonable for these abilities to be in place. just go for that particular skill then move on to another career Smile
Very interesting ideas . I give you credit for all of your efforts ...
No grenades for Conrad??? Eek
in a perfect world wed have these implemented. but unless they are on sale and already coded for zen to buy, i dont see it happening Neutral
(2011.Jul.01 02:26 PM)HeadBustin Wrote: [ -> ]in a perfect world wed have these implemented. but unless they are on sale and already coded for zen to buy, i dont see it happening Neutral

true, but it's worth dreaming. it actually makes me half-care about the game. sort of.
yeah the ideas cant hurt, maybe it will lead to similar things being added. or if even one of these are implemented it would be worth the effort. guess we will wait and see Razz
Medical ideas-

level 12 - be able to med bust players not in your gang

level 15 - chance of healing ones self part way during a pvp fight (passive)

level 20 - cyberware removal? I know it was talked about for level 12 but that was a long time ago.

Level 25 - better chance of healing during pvp? Not crazy about this one, just an idea.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's