Hey spike since you blocked me ill post here
2011.Feb.07, 11:42 AM
RE: Hey spike since you blocked me ill post here
(2011.Feb.06 02:57 AM)Denethor Wrote:  
(2011.Feb.04 09:33 AM)JohnnyB Wrote:  i believe god is alien...

In a way. For a simple reason. Scott Adams once wrote that when someone is extremely smarter than you are you can no longer intelligently evaluate what he does or the way he thinks because you neither know what he knows nor can follow the logic of how he thinks. Thus his basis for "The World's Smartest Man" being Dilbert's garbageman. If he's truly that much smarter than the rest of us how can you assume it's not a good idea? And since God, as the Creator of the world's smartest human being is therefore smarter than him, it follows that the way God thinks would be a mystery even to the world's smarter human being let alone to the rest of us. ^_~

Mind you, anyone who wants to undermine this approach could probably point out that Mr. Adams had it wrong in presuming that human beings lack the ability to evaluate even the smartest of their numbers on the grounds that there is a distinct limit to how much smarter than the average even the most intelligent human being is, but I in my own turn would then say that this still does not alter the fact that God in order to be God clearly has to know a *lot* more than any human does and that this means we don't necessarily understand him all the time.

I wonder though, given that Scott Adams is an ardent atheist as well as an ardent elitist, which would annoy him more - That I have hijacked one of his arguements in favor of elitism to use as an arguement on behalf of God or that to demolish this arguement is to demolish his "dumb people should be ruled by the intelligent" philosophy? Razz

i believe you are alien...

"No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." - Fernando Pessoa
2011.Feb.07, 04:19 PM
Cool. Given the opinion I sometimes have of my fellow human beings that is the finest compliment anyone has ever paid me! ^_~

(2011.Feb.07 11:42 AM)JohnnyB Wrote:  

In a way. For a simple reason. Scott Adams once wrote that when someone is extremely smarter than you are you can no longer intelligently evaluate what he does or the way he thinks because you neither know what he knows nor can follow the logic of how he thinks. Thus his basis for "The World's Smartest Man" being Dilbert's garbageman. If he's truly that much smarter than the rest of us how can you assume it's not a good idea? And since God, as the Creator of the world's smartest human being is therefore smarter than him, it follows that the way God thinks would be a mystery even to the world's smarter human being let alone to the rest of us. ^_~

Mind you, anyone who wants to undermine this approach could probably point out that Mr. Adams had it wrong in presuming that human beings lack the ability to evaluate even the smartest of their numbers on the grounds that there is a distinct limit to how much smarter than the average even the most intelligent human being is, but I in my own turn would then say that this still does not alter the fact that God in order to be God clearly has to know a *lot* more than any human does and that this means we don't necessarily understand him all the time.

I wonder though, given that Scott Adams is an ardent atheist as well as an ardent elitist, which would annoy him more - That I have hijacked one of his arguements in favor of elitism to use as an arguement on behalf of God or that to demolish this arguement is to demolish his "dumb people should be ruled by the intelligent" philosophy? Razz

"Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid..." - Raymond Chandler.
2011.Feb.07, 04:38 PM
(2011.Feb.07 04:19 PM)Denethor Wrote:  Cool. Given the opinion I sometimes have of my fellow human beings that is the finest compliment anyone has ever paid me! ^_~

(2011.Feb.07 11:42 AM)JohnnyB Wrote:  

you do know he is calling you a mexican right?

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2011.Feb.08, 01:07 AM
(2011.Feb.07 04:38 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  you do know he is calling you a mexican right?

Nah. Mexicans were all born on the Planet Earth which makes them all Earthlings rather than aliens. If we want Mexicans who are serious aliens then we're going to have to invest more in the creation of an interplanetary civilization than we have currently done.

Mind you, should we cut federal spending elsewhere, that would not be a bad idea at all! Cool

"Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid..." - Raymond Chandler.
2011.Feb.08, 01:31 AM
(2011.Feb.08 01:07 AM)Denethor Wrote:  
(2011.Feb.07 04:38 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  you do know he is calling you a mexican right?

Nah. Mexicans were all born on the Planet Earth which makes them all Earthlings rather than aliens. If we want Mexicans who are serious aliens then we're going to have to invest more in the creation of an interplanetary civilization than we have currently done.

Mind you, should we cut federal spending elsewhere, that would not be a bad idea at all! Cool

fuck up cunt.

Reaganomics! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2011.Feb.08, 02:07 AM
(2011.Feb.08 01:31 AM)dnbrocks Wrote:  
(2011.Feb.08 01:07 AM)Denethor Wrote:  

fuck up cunt.

haha, well said bro.

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2011.Feb.08, 06:46 AM
[Image: Stern%2085.jpg]

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2011.Feb.09, 07:54 PM
is this thread still going on ..... i thought you all told this douche to end this ages ago

"Ninety-eight percent of the worlds homes have TV sets, which means the people in the other 2% have to generate their own sex and violence.