Hey spike since you blocked me ill post here
2011.Feb.03, 08:00 PM
RE: Hey spike since you blocked me ill post here
(2011.Feb.03 07:40 PM)Joshiwa Wrote:  Glenn, the concept of "God" is something greater than the human mind can fathom. We won't know where God came from, when God began and other such questions about his essence. Why? Well that is simple (at least for me), God has no obligation to fully reveal himself to mankind. Besides, if you look at the writing of the Christian, or Jewish, or Islamic God it is obvious that God hides part of his character.

God is suppose to be a mystery, you won't be able to wrap your mind around everything about him. That is part of man seeking a relationship with him.

Glenn here is the long and short of it. You can't disprove God and give facts. I can't prove God with facts. Just saying "you are sheep" doesn't prove anything (cept that you are acting as if you are better than those that don't believe what you do). This is a theological and philisophical argument.

This link I'm posting is a few of the reasons why I believe in God. Once again I will say, these are not facts, these are theories. Aside from hearing you rant on sheep and such I'd like to hear reasons why you don't believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJmsK2s0...AFAADE3E84

dude i have respect for you, i am sure you know this. i believe in what i can see, hear, touch and smell.

god is none of these. god is an idea created by man to keep ppl in line. there is your fact that he doesn't exist.

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2011.Feb.03, 08:08 PM
so...how about that spike?

pun intended.
This post was last modified: 2011.Feb.03 08:10 PM by spacebird.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2011.Feb.03, 08:14 PM
the aims of any kind of belief system are not to control those who follow. Most of the time religions attempt to explain to people what will happen after they die this is mainly due to the fear mankind has that there is nothing after death.
This post was last modified: 2011.Feb.03 08:14 PM by dnbrocks.

Reaganomics! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2011.Feb.03, 08:22 PM
it's natural to be frightened of the unknown, and i am not going to be the one to tell someone how to cope with their fears.

there really has to be something more to talk about...

where'd druchii go? back to another 3 month hiatus? mods should lose modship after an extended period of inactivity....discuss.

2011.Feb.03, 08:23 PM
(2011.Feb.03 07:40 PM)Joshiwa Wrote:  Glenn, the concept of "God" is something greater than the human mind can fathom. We won't know where God came from, when God began and other such questions about his essence. Why? Well that is simple (at least for me), God has no obligation to fully reveal himself to mankind. Besides, if you look at the writing of the Christian, or Jewish, or Islamic God it is obvious that God hides part of his character.

God is suppose to be a mystery, you won't be able to wrap your mind around everything about him. That is part of man seeking a relationship with him.

Glenn here is the long and short of it. You can't disprove God and give facts. I can't prove God with facts. Just saying "you are sheep" doesn't prove anything (cept that you are acting as if you are better than those that don't believe what you do). This is a theological and philisophical argument.

This link I'm posting is a few of the reasons why I believe in God. Once again I will say, these are not facts, these are theories. Aside from hearing you rant on sheep and such I'd like to hear reasons why you don't believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJmsK2s0...AFAADE3E84

+1
2011.Feb.03, 08:24 PM
(2011.Feb.03 08:22 PM)Troopermccue Wrote:  it's natural to be frightened of the unknown, and i am not going to be the one to tell someone how to cope with their fears.

there really has to be something more to talk about...

where'd druchii go? back to another 3 month hiatus? mods should lose modship after an extended period of inactivity....discuss.

damn straight

Preacher could come back any time now and start modding whatever he liked and that just seems bs to me.
This post was last modified: 2011.Feb.03 08:25 PM by dnbrocks.

Reaganomics! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2011.Feb.03, 08:32 PM
god is like one of those penis enlargement schemes. promises everything and delivers nothing.

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2011.Feb.03, 08:54 PM
glenn is speaking from experience

Reaganomics! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2011.Feb.03, 08:55 PM
(2011.Feb.03 08:32 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  god is like one of those penis enlargement schemes. promises everything and delivers nothing.

Once again Glenn you talk as if you have personal experience. You make jokes but give no actual convictions, theories, or explanations. It is like you expect us to believe you just because you say it!

I can respect that you don't believe in God. But when anyone makes fun of another persons beliefs it is them saying "i am better than you". When you make fun of someone for the way they dress you are doing the same thing. I can't prove God exists with facts, but I won't lie down when someone is attacking my personal convictions.
2011.Feb.03, 09:10 PM
george carlin was a hack, btw. couldn't hold a candle to sam kinison, richard prior, rodney dangerfield, gilbert godfrey, or even mitch hedberg.

just saying.