Mods - Suggestions / Feedback
2010.Oct.16, 06:17 PM
RE: Mods - Suggestions / Feedback
Bruguda it is quite simple. If you can't type the word normally as it gets filtered that means it isn't allowed to be used and is filtered for a good reason. When people start doing stuff like d.r.a't to spell the filtered word that means you are working the system. If it types like it should, unfiltered then it can be used. Working around that filter causes the warnings.

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2010.Oct.16, 06:20 PM
So whats so bad about sh !t compared to sh it?

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Oct.16, 07:00 PM
Arguing about what words should and should not be filtered is a waste of time (here) and can be taken to a separate topic. The mods don't make that particular rule - Zen or her forum software or whatever has set some words to be filtered, and intentionally working around that is by definition breaking the (forum) rules. Now, it may be relatively harmless, but that doesn't stop it from being against rules. Of course, it seems fairly harsh to punish accidentally getting through the filter, but I'm not sure what can be done about that.
2010.Oct.16, 07:18 PM
i guess thats kind of my point. the mods have nothing better to do than get off on a filter bypass? it may be a rule, not sure never read them, but some of the "rules" and "punishments" some want are ridiculous.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

2010.Oct.16, 10:13 PM
(2010.Oct.16 07:18 PM)Brugada Wrote:  i guess thats kind of my point. the mods have nothing better to do than get off on a filter bypass? it may be a rule, not sure never read them, but some of the "rules" and "punishments" some want are ridiculous.

We have better things to do then get off on the filter bypass, trust me. Most times I will sit and edit the entire post instead of remove it. Why does anyone have to post with all of that anyways, can we not get our point or opinion across without them?

To find the rule:

Actually in game rules # 6: # Keep things PG-13. It's a crime game, not an open forum to post vulgar or obscene language.

(2010.Oct.16 07:00 PM)zliplus Wrote:  Arguing about what words should and should not be filtered is a waste of time (here) and can be taken to a separate topic. The mods don't make that particular rule - Zen or her forum software or whatever has set some words to be filtered, and intentionally working around that is by definition breaking the (forum) rules. Now, it may be relatively harmless, but that doesn't stop it from being against rules. Of course, it seems fairly harsh to punish accidentally getting through the filter, but I'm not sure what can be done about that.

On this note, people who post accidentally one word normally just gets what anyone would call a slap on the wrist, a warning which is custom set to 20% - 24 hours. Really has no effect on posting again. People who repeatedly make posts working around the filter, like the one that I had to edit with over 20 words worked around the filter, get the "harsher" warning.

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2010.Oct.17, 01:58 PM
didn't read this but how about a notification of when we get warnings? that isn't on our forum profile

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2010.Oct.17, 02:03 PM
inappropriate.
This post was last modified: 2010.Oct.17 02:14 PM by Ushanewnewba.
2010.Oct.17, 02:24 PM
and how about a worthless undercover mod like bdjoker learn how to be a mod before she is put into that position.

ush logged on this week to mod! about time!

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

2010.Oct.17, 03:18 PM
yeah i wasnt really happy about bdjoker giving me a 6 point warning for saying the word "cum" total bs.

Reaganomics! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2010.Oct.17, 03:27 PM
(2010.Oct.16 10:13 PM)Jolabent Wrote:  
(2010.Oct.16 07:18 PM)Brugada Wrote:  i guess thats kind of my point. the mods have nothing better to do than get off on a filter bypass? it may be a rule, not sure never read them, but some of the "rules" and "punishments" some want are ridiculous.

We have better things to do then get off on the filter bypass, trust me. Most times I will sit and edit the entire post instead of remove it. Why does anyone have to post with all of that anyways, can we not get our point or opinion across without them?

To find the rule:

Actually in game rules # 6: # Keep things PG-13. It's a crime game, not an open forum to post vulgar or obscene language.

If this is the rule "Keep things PG-13", then the word filter itself contradicts it. The SH word cannot only be said as many times as you would like in a PG-13 movie, it can also can be used on cable TV.

The F word can also be said in a PG-13 movie, if limited in numbers and not used w/ sexual reference. So it's not ok to say "I wanna fuck you hard", but ok to say "F you" . . . .

Simple answer the rule should be changed to "keep things PG". 'nuff said.Twisted