Mods - Suggestions / Feedback
2010.Oct.15, 09:26 PM
RE: Mods - Suggestions / Feedback
Personally to a degree I would think having your trade post hijacked a wee bit would do you some good... it keeps ur thread at the top. Unfortunately too many dillholes constantly take it too far, just like they do in General Discussion. I honestly rarely come to the forums anymore.

What I can't understand is y the ppl who are actively doing the hijacking (and are often doing it in at least 3 or more threads) get all uppity and surprised when a mod finally does visit the forum and bans them. How can u ppl so innocently be confused as to y u were banned? Not only that but you never learn.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2010.Oct.15, 09:31 PM
(2010.Oct.15 07:31 PM)BrokenGlass Wrote:  
(2010.Oct.15 08:27 AM)zliplus Wrote:  I'm not convinced that 'we' don't care about hijacked threads...I think it varies depending on the person, how good the hijacking is, and the original purpose/location of the thread. A lot of times I see occasional posters' threads get hijacked and they just fade away and stop posting - I'd say those people do care very much that they were hijacked, they've just given up.

I don't see hijacked threads a big deal at all. I would guess that most of "us" don't visit the forums for real dialogue. We visit it because we want to see who flamed who....etc

The game is not so dynamic that there are multiple topics to discuss on a daily basis and so some resort to the sophomoric retort........I got bills to pay, job concerns blah blah blah......

Do you think I care if Dingus calls me a flaming frag or hijacks my thread.......No, instead I laugh and flame him back.......

I just can't picture anyone taking it that serious......cause it's not.....lol

+1 the fun of the forums for me is reading ppl's irreverent responses. just saying.
2010.Oct.16, 12:06 AM
Here's my problem.

I see people saying this and that and whatever. Their postd stay up even of it was hijacking a thread then a while back I had a post that was not offensive removed from a thread even after the person who started the thread said in their post " hijack away ". Then I had another post removed from a different thread and both happened days after I posted them.
Now I don't post in the forums all that much. But since that happened I don't see the point of posting in here anymore except in the trade forums to sell something, or to try and communicate with someone who has mail blocked me. .

()()
(ºº)
(__)

go stare in the mirror and say to yourself you're the greatest then you and your fan of one wont be so lonely.

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow
2010.Oct.16, 02:00 PM
lots of good points here.

questions?
why are mods like ush, who dont log into the forums for days or weeks, still modding or allowed to mod? why are inactives still labeled as mods?

mods have bypassed the swearword filter, are they higher than us? ie jolas sig. some of monks posts.

whats the difference between someone typing sh it, sheit, sh1t, sh!t, shit, or any other style of typing the word?

hijacking of threads happens often, but not always on purpose. 2 people get posting about a small piece of the topic, and they get tagged?

how does a mod distinguish what is racist or off tone? posting justin beiber is a f a g or posting that the comment that dingus just made makes him a fag, is the same and not offensive.

every mod seems to have their own feelings or thoughts on what is acceptable or tolerable. and days later one is banned for what 3 other mods let slide.

seems to me the mods just want to set the bar high and lay back and try to do as little as possible.

how about getting some members who are online a lot more often to mod, than the handful of partimer mods there are now.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Oct.16, 02:16 PM
I received a warning just like any other person. I thought the word filter had caught it when I did that.
This post was last modified: 2010.Oct.16 02:16 PM by Monk.

3:36 pm You received $36 from Mac.

12,600,036$ robbed from him.
2010.Oct.16, 02:20 PM
(2010.Oct.16 02:16 PM)Monk Wrote:  I received a warning just like any other person. I thought the word filter had caught it when I did that.

I doubt it. But I have never received a warning for it. I dont do it often, but have never gotten one.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

2010.Oct.16, 04:47 PM
(2010.Oct.16 02:00 PM)Brugada Wrote:  how about getting some members who are online a lot more often to mod, than the handful of partimer mods there are now.

I've thought about it but who the hell wants to get yelled at every 2 secs b/c some idiot cant use common sense when posting?

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2010.Oct.16, 05:38 PM
i nominate howl for mod.

Reaganomics! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2010.Oct.16, 05:49 PM
(2010.Oct.16 02:20 PM)Brugada Wrote:  
(2010.Oct.16 02:16 PM)Monk Wrote:  I received a warning just like any other person. I thought the word filter had caught it when I did that.

I doubt it. But I have never received a warning for it. I dont do it often, but have never gotten one.

Click his forum name and you can see that he got a 60% warning.

That's what she said
2010.Oct.16, 05:58 PM
(2010.Oct.16 05:49 PM)bconrad56 Wrote:  
(2010.Oct.16 02:20 PM)Brugada Wrote:  

Click his forum name and you can see that he got a 60% warning.

Nope. Maybe to you, because for some reason you are a mod. But not to the rest of us.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)