Mods - Suggestions / Feedback
2010.Oct.15, 05:47 PM
RE: Mods - Suggestions / Feedback
Agreed, thanks everyone for the feedback. I think for the time period between warnings being "reset" to level 1 is going to something around 6-8 weeks or so.

That's what she said
2010.Oct.15, 06:18 PM
If someone works through the word filter, then they obviously intended to do it. Thus, me intentionally warning you. Severity is based on severity of issue.

Pyramids are a big deal, they distract readers and there is absolutely no reason to have them, create them, or copy a copy of a copy of a copy.

Intentional abuse will lead to a warning.

Slurs of any kind, (racial, homophobic, religious, ethnic, etc...) will not be tolerated. I will act as swift as I can, and you can mail me in game, or mail ADMIN.

If you are able to communicate like a big (boy or girl), then you will have no issues.

From what I have noticed is that the same people keep getting warnings, from all the mods and admin.

It appears to me that a very few are complaining and the large part of the forum community are just fine, due to them never needing to be modded, due to them reading and abiding by the rules, and not intentionally trying to find an exploit.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2010.Oct.15, 06:21 PM
(2010.Oct.15 06:18 PM)Ushanewnewba Wrote:  If someone works through the word filter, then they obviously intended to do it. Thus, me intentionally warning you. Severity is based on severity of issue.

Pyramids are a big deal, they distract readers and there is absolutely no reason to have them, create them, or copy a copy of a copy of a copy.

Slurs of any kind, (racial, homophobic, religious, ethnic, etc...) will not be tolerated. I will act as swift as I can, and you can mail me in game, or mail ADMIN.

If you are able to communicate like a big (boy or girl), then you will have no issues.

From what I have noticed is that the same people keep getting warnings, from all the mods and admin.

It appears to me that a very few are complaining and the large part of the forum community are just fine, due to them never needing to be modded, due to them reading and abiding by the rules, and not intentionally trying to find an exploit.

sums its up nicely

Wu tang
2010.Oct.15, 06:30 PM
Just did a little research.

Out of the 340 warnings issued, 32% of the warnings belong to 7 forum members.

Also, one individual has 21 warnings.

The 7 forum members picked were 10+, and there were plenty just short of the list at 9 warnings.
What is more interesting is 10 of the posts in this thread are from those included in the group of seven....
This post was last modified: 2010.Oct.15 06:34 PM by Ushanewnewba.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2010.Oct.15, 06:45 PM
What is your prpblems people just follow the rules that are already set and there will be no problem! If that is to hard just don't post! I think you are just a bunch of dumb kids that cannot control yourselves. My advice! Grow up!

You attack Evil Elf 13. You hit for 1735 damage. Evil Elf 13 resists 11 damage for a total of 1724 damage. You have killed Evil Elf 13! Congrats, you found a candy cane!
2010.Oct.15, 07:01 PM
(2010.Oct.15 06:21 PM)HeadBustin Wrote:  
(2010.Oct.15 06:18 PM)Ushanewnewba Wrote:  If someone works through the word filter, then they obviously intended to do it. Thus, me intentionally warning you. Severity is based on severity of issue.

sums its up nicely

being the person directly below, you didn't need to quote him. i had to quote both of you for me pointing this out to make sense.

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2010.Oct.15, 07:23 PM
I think mods should be active players in the community.. if they go away for months or only log in every other day, lose your job...

Sam I Am
Preacher
ChiefEagle
Ush

no offense to any of these players, dont have a problem with any of them, but why are any of them still mods? they either never or very rarely visit the forums, and then when they mod something members of the community think they are on a power trip...

I remember getting a rather substantial warning once DAYS after from a barely active mod...the thread was already dead, and other mods let it be, so why even bother wasting your time in that thread....

Mod representation like that is problem sometimes, that one mod makes the rest of you mods look like idiots..

No offense...

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Oct.15, 07:31 PM
(2010.Oct.15 08:27 AM)zliplus Wrote:  I'm not convinced that 'we' don't care about hijacked threads...I think it varies depending on the person, how good the hijacking is, and the original purpose/location of the thread. A lot of times I see occasional posters' threads get hijacked and they just fade away and stop posting - I'd say those people do care very much that they were hijacked, they've just given up.

I don't see hijacked threads a big deal at all. I would guess that most of "us" don't visit the forums for real dialogue. We visit it because we want to see who flamed who....etc

The game is not so dynamic that there are multiple topics to discuss on a daily basis and so some resort to the sophomoric retort........I got bills to pay, job concerns blah blah blah......

Do you think I care if Dingus calls me a flaming fag or hijacks my thread.......No, instead I laugh and flame him back.......

I just can't picture anyone taking it that serious......cause it's not.....lol

Obama's balls, your chin...............Suckers..........Duped again.
Benders face, my ass....................Sucker Dupe
2010.Oct.15, 08:16 PM
I also don't find hijacked threads annoying, most of the time, but it depends on where it is and who it's done to. I consider the general forums open season and off-topic randomlands, but the trade and help forums are generally more serious. There have been situations when threads in the trade forum are hijacked immediately (as in, before any other posts are made). Now, when it's a forum regular being hijacked by another forum regular (i.e. Dingus offering his services in payment), fine, but I have seen people who basically never post try to sell stuff, get hijacked, and disappear never to post in forums again.
2010.Oct.15, 08:25 PM
Point taken......The trades section posts should always be on topic, relevant and modded accordingly....

Obama's balls, your chin...............Suckers..........Duped again.
Benders face, my ass....................Sucker Dupe