Mods - Suggestions / Feedback
2010.Oct.14, 10:53 PM
Mods - Suggestions / Feedback
Ok, as mods we continuously read about how you think that the mods are not being uniformed with our decisions, how we should set guidelines that are uniformed and how we should post up general guidelines for all forum users so that everyone is aware of these guidelines.

So we are asking for proposals and suggestions. How should the warning system be set up? We still have general guidelines posted by Zenith that need to be followed. If threads go off course, it really does take away from the original post, so how should we deal with this? Warnings are currently in place for pyramids, vulgar language, working around the language filter that Zenith has put into place and disruptive behavior. These warnings will not be changed as they are general guidelines set by Zenith.

Rules of this thread:

1) This thread is not to bash mods and tell us how bad we are doing, we want to attempt to make members happy.

2) Please give us constructive criticism that we can bring forward to make this forum completely user friendly and help us set guidelines.

Maybe we can offset so of the frustration of players when we remove / edit one thread and overlook another.

Suggestions / Feedback please.

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2010.Oct.14, 11:30 PM
RE: Mods - Suggestions / Feedback
hey mods, closing threads because they have been hyjacked is annoying. surely they could be modded like they used to be instead of being put in the too hard basket and being closed.

setting up a guide as to what a pyramid is would be another thing that would be helpful. a set rule be it 5 or 4 qoutes before calling it a pyramid.

maybe off the wall could be left unmodded in terms of things going offtrack. the original starter of the thread may request for it to be kept on track. if ppl fail to do so then mods could step in. obviously all the standard rules on language and pg13 content should apply.

my 2 cents....

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2010.Oct.14, 11:46 PM
An easy rule I asked Zen to implement.... No open discussion of a mod's decision to mod or not mod any particular post/thread.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Oct.15, 12:35 AM
Maybe having active mods. Real mods that're watching the threads as they develop or come online to read what's new. People who know how to administer proper punishment, rather than a +10 for some silly picture that's barely as bad as the punishment put in to place. Perhaps removing these hand-sitters when they start doing retarded nonsense like locking threads that can be managed with a verbal warning or getting someone post banned for half a year over one stupid picture because they have a gay son or dyke daughter or enjoy a shaft themselves.
2010.Oct.15, 05:03 AM
(2010.Oct.14 11:46 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  An easy rule I asked Zen to implement.... No open discussion of a mod's decision to mod or not mod any particular post/thread.

No. That is absolutely silly. We are a community of people who choose to play this game. We should be allowed to discuss it whether the mod wants to or not.
2010.Oct.15, 05:39 AM
(2010.Oct.15 05:03 AM)BadLuck Wrote:  
(2010.Oct.14 11:46 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  An easy rule I asked Zen to implement.... No open discussion of a mod's decision to mod or not mod any particular post/thread.

No. That is absolutely silly. We are a community of people who choose to play this game. We should be allowed to discuss it whether the mod wants to or not.

no kidding.

the major complaint i have had in the past is that it seems like mods are scared to mod a thread together. it seems as if they won't change or clean a thread that has already been modded because they are afraid to step on each others toes. it should be a collective project considering all mods will get lumped together whether they like it or not.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2010.Oct.15, 05:47 AM
(2010.Oct.14 11:30 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  hey mods, closing threads because they have been hyjacked is annoying. surely they could be modded like they used to be instead of being put in the too hard basket and being closed.

setting up a guide as to what a pyramid is would be another thing that would be helpful. a set rule be it 5 or 4 qoutes before calling it a pyramid.

maybe off the wall could be left unmodded in terms of things going offtrack. the original starter of the thread may request for it to be kept on track. if ppl fail to do so then mods could step in. obviously all the standard rules on language and pg13 content should apply.

my 2 cents....

So should we have some type of penalty for people who constantly hijack threads and take them out of context? A pyramid is considered 4+. It is not hard to when quoting to remove some of the quotes so it doesn't take a huge chunk of the thread. It definitely makes it easier for people to read.

(2010.Oct.15 12:35 AM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  Maybe having active mods.

What do you consider active?

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2010.Oct.15, 05:59 AM
(2010.Oct.15 05:47 AM)Jolabent Wrote:  
(2010.Oct.14 11:30 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  hey mods, closing threads because they have been hyjacked is annoying. surely they could be modded like they used to be instead of being put in the too hard basket and being closed.

my 2 cents....

So should we have some type of penalty for people who constantly hijack threads and take them out of context? A pyramid is considered 4+. It is not hard to when quoting to remove some of the quotes so it doesn't take a huge chunk of the thread. It definitely makes it easier for people to read.

(2010.Oct.15 12:35 AM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  Maybe having active mods.

What do you consider active?

cool, so is it written down anywhere that 4+ is a pyramid, if so i missed it. yeah if someone constantly hyjacks a thread then why not warn them do it in the thread and if they continue to do it then give them a penalty. for the penalty stage, examples must be given imo as it could be seen as discrimination against ppl from gangs that are not yours. if all mods where mods and not active players that wouldn't be a problem would it.

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2010.Oct.15, 06:22 AM
1) Mods should not be able to be in a gang
2)My sourmath link should be sticky'd

I smoke crack!
2010.Oct.15, 07:07 AM
It should be a living document/SOG for mods and players to follow. It should be available to all players in the rules and subject to review/change periodically.

Query?

Do we really care about hijacked threads? Unless it is egregious most of us run with it........
Do we care about insults? Unless it is egregious most of us run with it........

Whats left?....... Pyramids, bad language?

Nothing........Except for inconsistency.

Obama's balls, your chin...............Suckers..........Duped again.
Benders face, my ass....................Sucker Dupe