In Progress
2010.Oct.03, 01:28 PM
In Progress
So on Monday I created a virtual instance of our server and upgraded it... then loaded the site on to see what broke. Much to my chagrin, a lot of the stuff that was working was either "deprecated" or flat out didn't work anymore. So Tuesday and Wednesday I set out to fix all the issues. I knew I couldn't really test everything, but I knew I had all the major issues finished.

Thursday I prepped the server for the upgrade. I uploaded the changed site with updates to see if it ran on the old PHP version, and it had a couple more issues. I ironed those out, tested on the new server again and back to the server for another check. Everything was up to snuff.

I'm currently working on coding the heartbeat system for the battle code. It's purpose is to run through a queue of actions, and execute them when required. To save server resources, it will only run when something is queued to run instead of checking periodically. It's actually a pretty sophisticated set of code, and really fun to get into.

Next week will be filled with coding the heartbeat system, ironing out the battle rules, and hopefully getting into the visual design. If I have some time I'll add in something to the current game.

We may get some new updates for the battle system soon. Zen is working diligently on the code for it. There is this week's update.

That's what she said
2010.Oct.03, 01:37 PM
RE: In Progress
Hello, Zen.
2010.Oct.03, 01:56 PM
Bcon = Modbot002 = New Err = Zens Boyfriend, well actually it's Bcon, so it's girlfriend.
2010.Oct.03, 02:04 PM
There no way bcon should be allowed to be so involved in code & still playing. Especially since he's an active participant in a gang.

nice work though bcon
This post was last modified: 2010.Oct.03 02:06 PM by Leopard.

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2010.Oct.03, 02:17 PM
(2010.Oct.03 02:04 PM)Leopard Wrote:  There no way bcon should be allowed to be so involved in code & still playing. Especially since he's an active participant in a gang.

nice work though bcon

I'm not involved in the coding at all. When I got modship, I asked Zen if I could get weekly updates from her to share with everyone. So now, I get mails from Zen and that's how I know all this information. I know the community was frustrated with not knowing what she was doing coding-wise. That's why I wanted to be able to do this for everyone.

That's what she said
2010.Oct.03, 02:17 PM
(2010.Oct.03 02:04 PM)Leopard Wrote:  There no way bcon should be allowed to be so involved in code & still playing. Especially since he's an active participant in a gang.

nice work though bcon

another top tier dumb post.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2010.Oct.03, 02:38 PM
(2010.Oct.03 02:17 PM)bconrad56 Wrote:  

nice work though bcon

I'm not involved in the coding at all. When I got modship, I asked Zen if I could get weekly updates from her to share with everyone. So now, I get mails from Zen and that's how I know all this information. I know the community was frustrated with not knowing what she was doing coding-wise. That's why I wanted to be able to do this for everyone.

You should probably format it like a mail or, at the very least, state it. I, as many others I would guess, assumed that you had written this yourself, not received it as a mail from Zenith.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2010.Oct.03, 02:53 PM
(2010.Oct.03 02:38 PM)Accipender Wrote:  

nice work though bcon

You should probably format it like a mail or, at the very least, state it. I, as many others I would guess, assumed that you had written this yourself, not received it as a mail from Zenith.

I see why you would assume that. But I'm getting it on my personal email, not in game mail. Otherwise I would.

That's what she said
2010.Oct.03, 02:57 PM
(2010.Oct.03 02:53 PM)bconrad56 Wrote:  I see why you would assume that. But I'm getting it on my personal email, not in game mail. Otherwise I would.

Replace the I's with Zenith, or copy the email but *** out the email addys.
2010.Oct.03, 03:00 PM
(2010.Oct.03 02:53 PM)bconrad56 Wrote:  
(2010.Oct.03 02:38 PM)Accipender Wrote:  

nice work though bcon

I see why you would assume that. But I'm getting it on my personal email, not in game mail. Otherwise I would.

gotcha! I thought you wrote everything in your post like these were your doings.

Conrad- you can suck it

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.