have you ever seen a strong 3 man gang?
2010.May.25, 05:06 PM
RE: have you ever seen a strong 3 man gang?
(2010.May.25 04:08 PM)zenith Wrote:  This debate always comes down to the "top hit". It's never who has the most damage dealt over the long run, it's only the macho "who hit the hardest".

The shotgun was the best ranged weapon prior to when skills were released. Before skills, there were no other ranged weapon "groups". You progressed to the shotty. Once skills were introduced, I had to make ranged weapons for each of the 4 ranged skills. Those who had shotguns didn't sell and get an assault rifle or SMG, they merely stuck with the shotgun and trained it.

The new shotgun WAS better than the older shotgun, however no matter how many times I'd explain that it did more damage per hit, it wasn't a good enough reason.

They wanted that max hit. That's all they cared about. It's extremely demotivating to constantly have complaints about this, especially when many of the complaints are merely cherry-picked examples. For those self-righteously suggest I caved to the complaints, you're probably right. But give me some sort of credit. I do try to adjust the weapons to be pretty close in the long run.

I'll get the weapon right, even if I have to merely make every weapon released lately the exact same. That would be downright boring though.

It still comes down to the fact you changed it because enough people complained about it and not because you thought it needed change.

I`m more pissed off with the precedent you have set here rather than the result. I`m all for changes when the admin thinks it is needed but if the admin is gonna change something solely on the basis of complaints I`m going to lose respect for that person pretty damn quickly.
2010.May.25, 05:12 PM
why would anyone else use a different weapon at all anymore? hell im going to give up on the pistol and go shotgun now...smart choice in the long run...i can just ride the coat tails of the huge donators,,and when the gun doesnt do what is expected..they will get it changed...what a fucking joke this has become
2010.May.25, 05:25 PM
I'm gonna stay the coarse with my weapon, I think firearms are for wusses

Whatever bitch. I'm a pegasus pony.
2010.May.25, 05:29 PM
(2010.May.25 05:25 PM)bebopcrew420 Wrote:  I'm gonna stay the coarse with my weapon, I think firearms are for wusses

i should have gone melee...i would have liked to have gone the blunt path,,but i didnt see the point in giving zen more money than i had to
2010.May.25, 05:34 PM
my whole theory was that you would get better cash gains w/ higher int, and I would go back and buy end w/ game money. At a certain point the cash gains capped out and my plan, for the most part, didn't work out. All and all I don't think my low end has hurt me that much, so who cares

2010.May.25, 05:34 PM
(2010.May.25 05:12 PM)BigJoe Wrote:  why would anyone else use a different weapon at all anymore? hell im going to give up on the pistol and go shotgun now...smart choice in the long run...i can just ride the coat tails of the huge donators,,and when the gun doesnt do what is expected..they will get it changed...what a farging joke this has become

While your switching to shotgun you should consider switching to the vills as well they build coat tail ridding skills alot quiker.

Reaganomics! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2010.May.25, 06:02 PM
I didnt complain alot in the last year or so but im with spacebird here. Zen should have stood up and gave them the finger when they cried to get better crits.

Now, I too, want a better pistol, 1 that will give me a better crit than I did with my old P5-RUGER (1180), farging 18 months ago, with a weak level 3 skill in pistols!

And while we're at it, it seems the average damage done by my G-Force GOP-10EE isnt higher than what it with the previous pistols, I demand changes!!

Point is, Connie has always been a whinney bi atch, why should have any1 expected any different this time? He cried about the last 2 shottys, few armors, grenades, turrets, grenades, belts, losing to me, losing to Wook and grenades.

Anyone see the pattern here?...

p.s. Even now, Conrad is still 300 smg lower than Cheetah for top hit in the POI, what do you think will happen next? mouahahah Evil
2010.May.25, 07:12 PM
(2010.May.25 06:02 PM)Thor Wrote:  I didnt complain alot in the last year or so but im with spacebird here. Zen should have stood up and gave them the finger when they cried to get better crits.

Now, I too, want a better pistol, 1 that will give me a better crit than I did with my old P5-RUGER (1180), farging 18 months ago, with a weak level 3 skill in pistols!

And while we're at it, it seems the average damage done by my G-Force GOP-10EE isnt higher than what it with the previous pistols, I demand changes!!

Point is, Connie has always been a whinney bi atch, why should have any1 expected any different this time? He cried about the last 2 shottys, few armors, grenades, turrets, grenades, belts, losing to me, losing to Wook and grenades.

Anyone see the pattern here?...

p.s. Even now, Conrad is still 300 smg lower than Cheetah for top hit in the POI, what do you think will happen next? mouahahah Evil
good post, when he had a whine about the new attack logs and I said they were alright he hosped me. What an asshole.
This post was last modified: 2010.May.25 07:15 PM by dnbrocks.

Reaganomics! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2010.May.25, 07:34 PM
conrad wasn't the only person complaining

2010.May.25, 08:00 PM
(2010.May.25 04:08 PM)zenith Wrote:  It's extremely demotivating to constantly have complaints about this, especially when many of the complaints are merely cherry-picked examples. For those self-righteously suggest I caved to the complaints, you're probably right.

Thanks for admitting it, Zen. That was a classy post.

All that was achieved is another step toward standardizing AL and quelling its character. If you want a Wal-Mart experience, go play Mafia Wars.