Mail from an unknown player...
2007.Apr.05, 04:52 AM

From my point of view, Endurance is setup totally wrong. Endurance shouldnt increase the trains, the job endurance does in reality is too keep up the training rate in bigger trains.

Lets say 2 level 26's are doing a full Accuracy training. That's 62 Energy Points.

With Ranch and Endurance level on 10 and 20, they both should train for 1Dev point each SINGLE EP spent training.

-The thing with Endurance is that high endurance should keep up the training gain of 1 Dev point each EP spent for a longer time.

So the one person with level 20 endurance should gain 62 Dev points from a full train, cause he got endurance to train hard the entire train. He has limits to how hard he can train. And the person with low Endurance should train about 44Dev points form 62 EP train.

The only way for a person with low endurance too keep up would be too do smaller trains, but even then he wouldnt manage to keep up if they had similar activity time, since Happiness would never be at a full state.

This is my solution to it, cause I honestly believe that Endurance shouldnt increase the training gains, it should keep up the same training gains over a bigger train.

I also believe that when level power was shot down into the ground, the donating race begun. It went from an attacking race and over to the "who can donate the most" race. And in my opinion the level race was the most fair, cause it actually awarded activity, since people has to tick hunt the best targets, and even here donators held the major advantage, cause they could pull off 100-150 attacks a day, where non-donators stop at 90attacks. And it even prevented palyers that had just begun the game but had donated heavily to beat people that had spent 5months playing. You didnt see people beating other people 8-10levels higher cause of the level modifiers. And that was fair I think, cause it forced even donators to work hard.

I do see donators as the ones holding the cheat codes to the game, and once you click "Enter" to get up the chat bar and then write "/mode Godmode" and click "Enter" again. You are then unbeatable, but also the fun of catching up and staying infront are gone. 80% of the game is in the middle class, you get attacked by others and you attack others in return. You can wage "fair" wars, and you have to solve things diplomatically when you are declared war on.

Type in too many "Cheat codes" and you lose out of these parts of the game.

But I've gotten too know some of the players in question, like Fading3 and the more recent big donators, and I gotta say the recent donators have a much larger heart then the old boys had. They don't donate to the game cause they are bored and need someone to dominate. They give too gang mates and mates and generally just wants too help out, because they have a real life economic situation that allows them too.

In the past I've also done my fair share of donations, but after I started referring, I can keep myself afloat on donator days without donating. I spend some ingame cash on the credit market when it's cheap and I get some credits from referrals, and then I'm set for the most primary need.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Apr.05, 07:53 AM

Now, that was uncalled for.

Seems to me that the only people crying about this are the people on top.
Well if the game wasn't set up the way it is then there would be no realistic way to ever catch you guys. This gives us 'newbs' a chance to catch you.

The fact that a Moderator just wrote a book complaining about the game has got me very confused. You would think moderators would be the people most likely to support the game.
2007.Apr.05, 08:05 AM

Erm... he is supporting the game. No one said anything about moderators having to support the donators.

Just a little insight, it's not only donators that support the game, as I'm sure Zen will be quick to point out herself. It's the community as a whole, that means those little lv 1's are as valuable as anyone.

Me personally, I've donated very little in comparison to most, about $50 in total perhaps. But I've also introduced people here, 2 of which are still active and playing now. Those two have also introduced others. I've also helped new players find their feet. These actions are just as valuable if not more so than donations, for they help the game grow.

The other thing you forget is moderators are people and players too. If they feel something is wrong about the game and should be changed, they have every right to express that too- Dru was posting as a player, as is his right, but not only that- as a moderator he has a duty to take concerns to Zen also.

As to new players not being able to catch up- that's not true at all. Myself, Matt and Raf- in fact, our whole gang has worked to catch Chris, Sarge and the rest of the Elders. Matt's come closest so far, Raf's done well, I'm still a little way away. We've worked at it, and have got to the stage we're now close to them.

Donations should help speed that process up, I won't argue that- but they shouldn't be a method to simply fast track yourself to the top in a couple of weeks.

All these are purely my opinions, I don't speak for anyone else.
2007.Apr.05, 08:12 AM

nice try but you and matt have been around almost as long as chris and sarge.
and i never said that the little guys didn't matter, i said the guys on top need to stop whining after every change is made.
nice essay though.
2007.Apr.05, 08:16 AM

Are you quoting me or going against my post?

Yes, I agree, calling big donations cheat codes are going too far. But I'm trying to get my point proven.

Being a moderator does not strip me off my opinions, although my opinions might be over the edge sometimes, but I am just a human. From the beginning when I started playing, I have supported this game in every way I can, and I will continue to do so. In referring people to play, in helping people learning the game and in donations now and then, and being a moderator until Zenith says otherwise.

The reasons why I'm calling donations "cheat codes" is that lately people that has played the game for 7weeks are catching up with people that has spent nearly a year playing the game. No other reasons then that. People use the tools available to them to advance their accounts as fast as they can, I'm not against that.

syntheticdarkness Wrote:"The fact that a Moderator just wrote a book complaining about the game has got me very confused. You would think moderators would be the people most likely to support the game."

Now this hurts, I've done my best to support the game, I've referred some of the top players in the game, I've referred donators, and in every chance I've got I've told people what a great game this is.

Cause we got the luxury almost no other game like this has, we got an active admin, thats here on almost a daily basis talking with the players, agreing with the community on the best solutions. And I support the game mostly cause I support Zeniths way of leading the community in the right direction.

syntheticdarkness Wrote:Seems to me that the only people crying about this are the people on top.
Well if the game wasn't set up the way it is then there would be no realistic way to ever catch you guys. This gives us 'newbs' a chance to catch you.

Not at all to be honest, it gives a privileged few the chance. But again, people have and always will advance their account in the fastest way they can by following game rules. I'm just incredibly happy that happiness refreshes doesnt cost 25 credits anymore.

[/rant]

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Apr.05, 08:30 AM

I'll just drop it and hope that Zen doesn't listen to this nonsense.

LordSkie Wrote:Donations should help speed that process up, I won't argue that- but they shouldn't be a method to simply fast track yourself to the top in a couple of weeks.

I don't see anyone at the top that is only 14-21 days old. I see 1 person that is 70ish and another that is 100ish. that is hardly 2 weeks. infact i'll do the math for you, that's around 8-10 weeks.
2007.Apr.05, 08:47 AM

I agree more with Geek on capping stats per level. This doesn't say that someone can't still build up there stats, just that only up to a designated amount per level will be used. This way, the same as jail busting, you need the experience in order to use your abilities to the fullest.

I believe someone brought up UFC and how the younger guys were the ones taking down the older, this isn't true either! Almost any of the fighters will agree that experience will win more fights than shear physical fitness. Look at Randy Couture, both him and Tim Sylvia are physically fit but what won the fight was experience.

If someone was level 10 with stats of 18 Acc, 11 Dex, 14 Res and 16 strength
The cap for them could be 11 Across the board (1 above your level, maybe 2 above). Also with weapons I believe this should also take affect but maybe instead of 2 above, make 4 above.

Just my $.02

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Apr.05, 08:51 AM

Thats actually one of the best solutions I've heard Eaglefreak, you and the OP of that idea is a genious.

Cause that idea gives level power without giving level extra power Smile

2007.Apr.05, 09:00 AM

Eaglefreak Wrote:I agree more with Geek on capping stats per level.

How about allowing a small per-energy-point "bonus" during gym trains, based on level?

If a level 34 guy and a level 24 guy train 30 energy points, all other things being equal, the level 34 guy gets a better gain.
2007.Apr.05, 09:14 AM

Capping stats i totally disagree with.

Maybe limit the amounts of stats that can be made availiable to donators, i suggested this earlier making a limit on amount of refills you can have per day. Also if you lower the amounts of credits needed to refill (say 30-40) the people not donating crazy amounts of cash can still keep up.

The large donators will stil have the benefits of having the cash availiable to purchase more surgery, housing, better weapons etc if they need it.

Another idea, which may be harder to do, change the energy bar to one set bar to all levels so every1 can get the same stat gains no matter what level they are (Donators should get larger bars which regain faster). When your stats go up then your stat gains increase, obviously housing + happiness still playing a part.

You should also be able to choose weather you level up or not, i know a few people who want to keep a low level to hide the fact they have better stats, i did do this for a while until i realised how much levels help, then the code got changed lol

Anyway I think these will stop people getting too far ahead and dominating the game.