Mail from an unknown player...
2007.Apr.05, 09:24 AM

syntheticdarkness Wrote:nice try but you and matt have been around almost as long as chris and sarge.
and i never said that the little guys didn't matter, i said the guys on top need to stop whining after every change is made.
nice essay though.

Umm... Matt's around 70 days younger, me and Raf are around 100 days younger. Tell me how exactly Chris having been here fully 50% longer means I've been here 'as long as Chris+Sarge'?

I'll just back it up with numbers. Chris is 315 days old. I'm 217 days old. Khan is 121 days old. So yes, I've been here longer than Khan, but it's the same difference as the time between me and Chris... unless I'm much mistaken?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but did you not complain about the possibility of a change being made? When the change was made, yes- we (being me, Matt etc) were against it, though at that time- we were the ones chasing. Now, we're on top of the mountain (ish) and still all for the change. Why? Because it betters the game all round. If someone can simply donate heavily to get an instant bypass( which considering Titus is 76 days old, already #6 on battle stats and will be #1 within a couple weeks, is certainly not an exaggeration) then it essentially splits the game into two halves- those that can donate, and those that can't. Those that can't, no matter how active or competitive, will have to settle for being second best at all times. There is no outlet whatsoever to compete in.

An active donator should always beat an active non-donator. But a less active donator should NOT be able to beat an active non-donator, and that's the situation that we can find very soon. At the moment, Titus is incredibly active as well as donating heavily, so all credit to him. But if he was half as active, he'd still be out-training everyone in AWL.

As to some of the other ideas, I think they're awesome, btw. Eaglefreak, I totally agree- experience counts for a lot in fighting, the younger guys have the speed and strength, but a fighter with experience will still have the edge. The idea of mtn of having a training boost for higher levels is a good one too.
2007.Apr.05, 09:33 AM

Maybe also increase the cap for donators. Same level 10 might get a 11 rating cap as a non-donator and 12 cap as a donator

Maybe even removing or increasing the cap during gang wars but only toward the members of the opposite gang, anyone else the cap would remain, similar to the defense bonus

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Apr.05, 09:53 AM

syntheticdarkness Wrote:I'll just drop it and hope that Zen doesn't listen to this nonsense.

LordSkie Wrote:Donations should help speed that process up, I won't argue that- but they shouldn't be a method to simply fast track yourself to the top in a couple of weeks.

I don't see anyone at the top that is only 14-21 days old. I see 1 person that is 70ish and another that is 100ish. that is hardly 2 weeks. infact i'll do the math for you, that's around 8-10 weeks.

personally, Yoda, your opinions seem to be the nonsense spewing in this thread. This is a simple matter in my mind, levels take work and it takes away from training, so it should be rewarded like training is. which route you choose is just that, a choice. if you look at it realistically, combat experience is incredibly important to combat effectiveness. period. so, if we are trying to make the game either realistic or fair, levels should be rewarded significantly. I have no doubt that you, yoda, will still pass me as you will donate and use energy refreshes to gain levels extremely quickly. either way, large donaters will shift to the top, but it requires you to be an active large donater this way. what's wrong with that?

to address another point, I am not too crazy about the level cap idea, although I do admit it would help solve the problem.
2007.Apr.05, 09:59 AM

Maybe the level cap would solve the problem slightly, i dont really see it myself.

But then it would also cause the problem of having the freedom to play the game how you wish, and there wouldnt be so much competition. Say you have 2 level 15's both trying not to level and both reached the capped amount of stats. It would be the one who can donate more to get better weapons, armour and surgery who would win. So then theres still the problem of bigger donatos having an unfair advantage.
2007.Apr.05, 10:11 AM

If we try to please everyone, chances are we please nobody.

I have no idea what the best solution is that includes Awakended Lands players and is fair to them, but we have to have faith in Zenith and Err. We aren't the only ones busting our heads finding solutions. Zen and Err have it much worse, they don't get to just throw ideas around, they have to impliment some of them into the game. I am sure they end up with extreme headaches trying to find what is best for the game and fair to all players.

Let's all thank Zenith and Err, technically they don't have to ask our opinions on what changes and improvements the game needs. But they do ask us, and that says allot about their character.

Thank You for your hard work Zenith and Err!!!
2007.Apr.05, 10:15 AM

I think we all agree on that with Zen and Err and there has been some great ideas thrown around so we'll have to sit back and see what transpires from here, the best thing is that Zen and Err are active and have the "players" best interest and not their own bank accounts at heart, which makes this game great. I still like the 40/40/10/10 or the 50/40/10 idea best seems to be the best idea so far
2007.Apr.05, 10:19 AM

zenith Wrote:Wow, I can't believe this topic has gotten so many posts lol (and kind words to boot).

I'll address some posts even though they aren't on track with the topic.

It's impossible to set combat to some sort of 40/40/10/10 ratio because it's not designed that way. Each aspect of combat is entirely on its own.

In the past levels were overly-important, and it was entirely my fault for not changing it sooner. In fact, if I could hide everyone's level from all other players without fearing the community ire then I would (much like I did to hit points), because it's really weird for people to look at someone and go "oh ya, don't even try to fight him, he's a level 30".

I like this Idea of 40/40/10/10 too but as Zenith has already answered, it's going to be impossible to implament

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Apr.05, 10:30 AM

no it really isnt, just go back to the old model.

with level modifiers to the stats, maybe not that big modifiers but a golden middle passage.

cause even with level modifiers you will still need stats to modify.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Apr.05, 10:55 AM

Watching some of you single people out and share stats that they've told you in confidence is very upsetting.
2007.Apr.05, 11:29 AM

"singled out"? nobody is really being attacked here, this is merely a discussion. its not like "wow this guy is a douche lets rip on him for sucking," because actually most of them are being somewhat praised from what ive seen (they may be really far ahead, but at least they are being good about it). the thing is, their ability to be ahead of everyone so quickly due to donation is the point of discussion, and it may require a game change

sometimes you need to point these people out, not because they are being singled out, but because they've found a way to get too far ahead too quickly and as a result the game needs rebalancing. i cant stress enough that as far as i am aware nobody is really being ripped on