Mail from an unknown player...
2007.Apr.05, 11:39 AM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:nobody is really being attacked here

I didn't say anyone was "being attacked"

Sharing stats on a public forum without the member's consent is dishonorable.
2007.Apr.05, 12:20 PM

mtngti Wrote:Watching some of you single people out and share stats that they've told you in confidence is very upsetting.

I know exactly who you're talking about, and the stats that person has shared with me has NOT, I repeat NOT, gone any further. The ONLY information I've put out is that which is freely found in the pantheon of infamy, specific stats he asked me to keep quiet, and I have done so. So have the other 2 people that know. Now if I've at some point given away anything about his account that can't be found out from the pantheon, then I apologize now, and will do whatever you want for the next month to make amends, since I take promises very seriously.
2007.Apr.05, 12:50 PM

Eaglefreak Wrote:I agree more with Geek on capping stats per level. This doesn't say that someone can't still build up there stats, just that only up to a designated amount per level will be used. This way, the same as jail busting, you need the experience in order to use your abilities to the fullest.

I believe someone brought up UFC and how the younger guys were the ones taking down the older, this isn't true either! Almost any of the fighters will agree that experience will win more fights than shear physical fitness. Look at Randy Couture, both him and Tim Sylvia are physically fit but what won the fight was experience.

If someone was level 10 with stats of 18 Acc, 11 Dex, 14 Res and 16 strength
The cap for them could be 11 Across the board (1 above your level, maybe 2 above). Also with weapons I believe this should also take affect but maybe instead of 2 above, make 4 above.

Just my $.02

Excellent!

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Apr.06, 01:31 AM

About Titus, let's not forget that he got his midlan villa a few 100 days before any1 else.
With their activity level, some people would have cought up on Chris and Sarge a long time ago. Take for example Wolverine, he's doing very good stats wise but only got his villa about 2-3 weeks ago, maybe a month at max. Now imagine him again but using a villa since he was 50 days old (because he donated a ton, did 100's of attacks per day and gained levels like no1 before). He would also be on top. (sorry bout using your name but you're a very good example for this situation)

Now, stats/level should stay the way they are BUT instead of a cap or using it at a 5050 rate, which is not logic, there should be a level modifier/bonus for stats. Let's go back 15-20 years, in the first RPG, like final fantasy, dragon warrior and etc. our characters were only gaining 1-3 of each stats per level but yet, with every level we would see a difference in damage given and received. Because our level would affect our stats and the % for attack/defense/magic.

I don't know id that's what Dru meant by level modifier but if it is, this is what needs to be done, in my opinion. Do NOT penalize any1 for donating more or being more or less active. Go with logic and use a ratio. We all know every1 is concern about the speed Khan and Titus are going up but they way to go is not to slow or stop them but simply to make the game where their level with be as important so their stats can be used to the max of its potential.

Stats cap is the worst idea I ever heard in my entire life, even worst than the US going to Iraq. Prevent people from going above or outside of the average and this game will die in 6 months, if not before.
2007.Apr.06, 01:47 AM

I totally agree Hydro, and that's what I'm trying for, since the dawn of RPGs levels=stat increase. Doesn't matter whether it's a hidden or a shown increase, they should give you something. I suggested a while back that level ups could give you a certain amount of dev points- I'd be all for that too.
2007.Apr.06, 01:49 AM

Yes and we could even go as far as choosing between X kind of characters at the start to have different kind of builds, like those good old classics and be either a fighter, thief, smartarse and etc. But then, at this point it would be kinda weird/hard to implement it without penalizing the older guys/higher levels.
2007.Apr.06, 01:50 AM

What my point is, is that when I started playing, Chris was level 22 (this is 240 days ago), and Cass just quited playing, we got players like Fading3 shortly after. He bought at that time immense amounts of endurance, trained hard, and got the T-350 at level 8!!!!! Man, he kicked butts on people level 17 at level 8, and that was with the heavy level modifiers on stats. Imagine what he coulda done with todays non-existing level modifiers. Mostly because people levelled to fast, and had no stats to modify.

Imagine how he coulda desimated us all if the level modifiers was taken away at that stage of the game.

What I think/feel is that we have now experienced how it is at both edges of the game, how it is with heavy level modifiers and how it is without. And I gotta say from my point of view, when the level modifiers got removed an important tactic for non-heavy donators got removed, maybe the only way for non-heavy donators got removed. We got no way at all to keep up with just consistently high activity in a FREE Rpg.

But with the high level modifiers everyone wanted to get high levels and people started quitting due to countless attacks day in and out, attacks during online time and on the 13minutes away marks. So dropping level importance down was a big success in making the community more happy in overall, but level importance is needed, just so we get the pull/competition to get to the next area.

I feel I voice the concerns of more people that arent heavy donators then just me, but I am grateful to the heavy donators, it's probably you that has granted Zenith more time and resources to work on the game and pay for new servers. I have no ill will against you, I just wish that there was a way for people that cant afford to donate heavy to keep up with heavy activity instead. If you get where I am going, and that's why I preach that levels should get back some of the modifiers.

Anyone agree with me? At all? Or am I just preaching a lost cause?

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Apr.06, 01:58 AM

I agree again Hydro. I think it'd be a fantastic idea to have a few different classes that get different bonuses. Warrior, gets a res boost and bonus in combat. Thief, gets a bonus to dexterity and extra money from dexterity based crimes. Marksman, gets a bonus to accuracy and combat when using guns. Berserker gets a strength bonus and combat when using melee.

Things along this line, maybe you could, once chosen, have a school course you can take which costs a bit, and lasts 7 days, which can change your chosen profession if you decide it's not the one for you. The bonus could be 10% extra training on your chosen stat, or a hidden 10% boost, or something else entirely.

Alongside that, these types can get an extra boost on level ups as well- say you get a certain amount of extra points put into each stat at level up- their primary stat is increased by 10%.
2007.Apr.11, 03:09 PM

Okay! I have read pages 1-7 of this thread. Now I offer my lousy input.

I completely agree with the idea that leveling should be rewarded in combat more than it currently is, because gaining XP is an art. You must find a perfect target to attack. This takes some amount of effort, whereas clicking "train, energy refresh, happiness refresh, train, rinse, repeat" takes no brainpower at all.

And for the comparisons with real life combat, I have the following to offer.

Imagine you're a boxer. You have mad skills and 10 years of good solid experience. You are going to box another fellow, who has been training and boxing for about a year. This fellow you're about to box is mad rich.. he can buy the best training facilities $ can buy, pay the best trainers, etc. But STILL, there are limits as to how much better a boxer can become in a year. No amount of money can change that fact. Experience in the ring is a MUST, and will no doubt come into play in the match.
2007.Apr.11, 05:23 PM

thawdgharp Wrote:Imagine you're a boxer. You have mad skills and 10 years of good solid experience. You are going to box another fellow, who has been training and boxing for about a year. This fellow you're about to box is mad rich.. he can buy the best training facilities $ can buy, pay the best trainers, etc. But STILL, there are limits as to how much better a boxer can become in a year. No amount of money can change that fact. Experience in the ring is a MUST, and will no doubt come into play in the match.

Only in Rocky does the poor little american wins everytime, but, this is a game, not a movie. Biggrin