Poll: Should players be able to become admins?
This poll is closed.
yes 64.77% 114 64.77%
no 35.23% 62 35.23%
Total 176 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should players be able to become admins?
2011.Oct.28, 09:07 PM
RE: Should players be able to become admins?
(2011.Oct.28 05:07 PM)Jolabent Wrote:  
(2011.Oct.28 02:28 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  
(2011.Oct.28 07:15 AM)DejaVu Wrote:  No, not one of you has, but a hella lot of assumptions have gone on. Rolleyes

The sad part IS his giving up his character, he has worked damn hard for it to be where he is. He has spent ENDLESS hours doing it and I for one am sad he is not going to be able to enjoy the benefits of all that work/time spent. This is one of the reasons he is able to understand the game and work on what can be done to make it fun again!

He has given up his character at this time, left the gang and is focusing on things to make the game as fun as it was when he joined it. Once he has caught up with the requests for new things and gotten the hang of it all, I will be the first one telling him to start working his character again, because he enjoys the game!

Yes, I am biased, but any who have spent any time talking to him understand this, he is all about what is best for the game.

Now ya'll need to stop bitching and moaning and be happy that we have someone who is trying to do all the things you have asked for ! Twisted

i would say that they where questions not assumptions. like i stated i am very happy he has stepped up for this position. i would just be concerned that an admin has a playable character that we are all aware of. if it was hidden then no one would have said shit.

LOL, sorry there, but how many people have issues with hidden moderators, IE: mod-bot 1 and mod-bot 2? I remember reading how they shouldn't be hidden behind titles. So is this now different, the coder should?

the coder is different to being the administrator. i have no cares for mods being hidden. they do what they have to do whether it is open or not.

lets be honest, not everyone even visits the forums anyway. the admin role is one that is more important to the game and its players. i see Snorkel as a referee now. part of the admin role is to sort out problems between stubborn players not just to run the game and make improvements. like i have been saying it is awesome to have a player move into an admin role that cares for the game. especially one that is respected in the al community.

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2011.Oct.28, 10:50 PM
i think snorkelbill should keep his in game character.

like i said in the other thread, he is one of the few players in this game i would trust to be player/admin... he'll do a fine job. good luck to ya cipherbill.

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2011.Oct.28, 11:13 PM
(2011.Oct.28 10:50 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  i think snorkelbill should keep his in game character.

like i said in the other thread, he is one of the few players in this game i would trust to be player/admin... he'll do a fine job. good luck to ya cipherbill.

+1

@Modbot example - the primary difference, in my mind, between the two scenarios is intent. The reason why Modbots are anonymous is to avoid potential ingame retribution for actions in the forum. Players would be unlikely to target the admin with attacks unless they felt a decision to be grossly unfair. The main reason, then, for an admin to hide is to keep their ear to the ground while avoiding potential controversy via conflict of interest.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.