New Attack Code Live for TESTING
2010.Jan.14, 10:44 PM
RE: New Attack Code Live for TESTING
i staled w/ biondi and vincent in 29 rounds . . . then i beat'em both for 400+xp almost double my previous best Smirk
2010.Jan.14, 10:51 PM
Yea, tons of flaws to be worked out yet. And questions to be answered.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Jan.14, 11:32 PM
(2010.Jan.14 10:14 PM)thatthingufear Wrote:  When I stale, their are only about 35 rounds. Is this going to be the new norm?

yeah, foley, you gotta think of that as 70 rounds in the old style... every round each combatant gets a chance at a hit....

example:
Round 1
EmilioEstevez hits CrazyFoley for 507 damage. CrazyFoley resists 29 for a total of 478 damage.
CrazyFoley hits EmilioEstevez for 302 damage. EmilioEstevez resists 83 for a total of 219 damage.

Round 2
EmilioEstevez hits CrazyFoley for 153 damage. CrazyFoley resists 17 for a total of 136 damage.
CrazyFoley misses EmilioEstevez!
This post was last modified: 2010.Jan.14 11:37 PM by Duchbag69.

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Jan.15, 08:02 AM
Alright this makes sense then. 35 rounds is equivalent to 70 in the old code.
2010.Jan.15, 08:50 PM
I think it should be random as to who joins you in a group battle. Random selection from those in the same district. The way things are now, players like Pun and Cheetah are unstoppable on there own. Give players the option to choose and you can extend that to Pun/Cheetah and all other SV members. SV dominate this game as it is without giving every member, Pun and cheetah to follow them into battle. Were better off keeping the old code if were given the option to choose.

But if the option to choose is given than I would like to see at least one of the following options.

1. Make gangs pay a heavy Gp price for using it. Say 100-200 gps per use. If I'm getting smashed by a low stat player then wanna know it cost them.

2. Gang Alliances. Works as follows,

Gang options are given a list of all active gangs with check box options.

If both gangs agree an alliance is formed. While under alliance both gangs are unable to declare war on each other. Any gang can drop the alliance by unchecking the box.
Allied gangs can invite each others members to join group battles.
If your allied gang has an alliance with the gang your attacking then they are excluded from joining the attack.

Also as to the issue about being able to prepare for a group battle. We have the option to leave our gangs in our gang options. Simple thing to add would be an on/off option on that page for us to be added to group battles.

bite my shiny metal ass

2010.Jan.15, 09:50 PM
(2010.Jan.15 08:50 PM)TheHorse Wrote:  I think it should be random as to who joins you in a group battle. Random selection from those in the same district. The way things are now, players like Pun and Cheetah are unstoppable on there own. Give players the option to choose and you can extend that to Pun/Cheetah and all other SV members. SV dominate this game as it is without giving every member, Pun and cheetah to follow them into battle. Were better off keeping the old code if were given the option to choose.

But if the option to choose is given than I would like to see at least one of the following options.

1. Make gangs pay a heavy Gp price for using it. Say 100-200 gps per use. If I'm getting smashed by a low stat player then wanna know it cost them.

2. Gang Alliances. Works as follows,

Gang options are given a list of all active gangs with check box options.

If both gangs agree an alliance is formed. While under alliance both gangs are unable to declare war on each other. Any gang can drop the alliance by unchecking the box.
Allied gangs can invite each others members to join group battles.
If your allied gang has an alliance with the gang your attacking then they are excluded from joining the attack.

Also as to the issue about being able to prepare for a group battle. We have the option to leave our gangs in our gang options. Simple thing to add would be an on/off option on that page for us to be added to group battles.

very good ideas indeed.

now you just need some members in your gang to utilze them, since youre never going back to X. Wink

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2010.Jan.15, 10:00 PM
he doesn't need members, just alliances

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2010.Jan.15, 10:45 PM
(2010.Jan.14 10:19 PM)cheetah Wrote:  zenith Wrote: The idea of multiple members joining in on a gang hit was for the primary attacker to pick who they joined up with.

I like the original attacker being able to pick who fights with them!

Do the people they choose have an option in this--whether to say no, or to eat a nimbus if they are just in good first, or if you're chosen it automatically happens?

AND STILL wondering....

lol

The idea was to let the attacker have a "who shall join" list to check. Only those available to you at the time would be listed. If they had the appropriate energy, hp, etc, they would appear in the list. If they were not online, or in a different location, they would not appear.

We plan to roll it out in steps. First step is to get all the issues everyone has posted here and emailed me resolved. Then we'll work on the bodyguard situation as well as new crimes that involve combat. I'm pretty excited to code this portion. Will be neat to have a daily/weekly list of available "mercs" for hire that you can build up to help you out sort of like a sub-player. I doubt those in the upper levels will really see the need for this early on, but helping a merc train and grow hopefully has some appeal. Eventually they will have their own personalities and may even refuse to do something if treated poorly.

Having multiple players attacking others players and vice versa will need to be balanced, and it's going to need to be a trial and error thing. Making it have some sort of cost so it's not the only attack people perform is most likely a requirement. I doubt I will get it perfect on the first try, but eventually we'll get it to be fun and balanced.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2010.Jan.16, 05:49 AM
(2010.Jan.15 10:45 PM)zenith Wrote:  The idea was to let the attacker have a "who shall join" list to check. Only those available to you at the time would be listed. If they had the appropriate energy, hp, etc, they would appear in the list. If they were not online, or in a different location, they would not appear.

We plan to roll it out in steps. First step is to get all the issues everyone has posted here and emailed me resolved. Then we'll work on the bodyguard situation as well as new crimes that involve combat. I'm pretty excited to code this portion. Will be neat to have a daily/weekly list of available "mercs" for hire that you can build up to help you out sort of like a sub-player. I doubt those in the upper levels will really see the need for this early on, but helping a merc train and grow hopefully has some appeal. Eventually they will have their own personalities and may even refuse to do something if treated poorly.

Having multiple players attacking others players and vice versa will need to be balanced, and it's going to need to be a trial and error thing. Making it have some sort of cost so it's not the only attack people perform is most likely a requirement. I doubt I will get it perfect on the first try, but eventually we'll get it to be fun and balanced.

Thanx Zen, some great additions.
http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthread.php?tid=8164

lol
2010.Jan.16, 07:27 AM
Its been around alot longer than that Smile

http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthread.php?tid=3034
6th post

http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthre...685&page=8
last post

http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthread.php?tid=3125