New Game Development
2010.Jan.11, 08:22 PM
RE: New Game Development
(2010.Jan.11 08:16 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  Some things I was thinking about...

FMJ for ranged weapons, increasing damage slightly and armor penetration a lot. Would be similar to a class, you'd have to researcb it.

While I am on that topic, something to do with making ammo, have ranged weapons have ammo made, as right now we have imaginary ammo.

For melee, something along the lines of balancing weapons, literally, with weights, to increase damage but make their stat requirements go up slightly (to handle the additional weight) Or lighten them, and have the inverse happen.

How about attaching laser sights and scopes to ranged weapons giving them easier use (lower acc reqs) or more damage and high crits, etc.

Possibilities are endless.

These would expand on our good friend Zeon's thoughts.

i was thinking maybe have like ionized bullets. or some sort of weapon add on that helps to negate belts. would be super helpful..

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2010.Jan.11, 08:23 PM
This is the first great idea I have seen in a long time! And Yes I mean to bash the other ideas!

I think there were issues at the top. I also think those issues were resolved, and the game should be moving forward again...

This is the kind of post these forums should be built upon...

Nice work man...

+1000
This post was last modified: 2010.Jan.11 08:24 PM by randomjacker.
2010.Jan.11, 08:24 PM
(2010.Jan.11 08:22 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  i was thinking maybe have like ionized bullets. or some sort of weapon add on that helps to negate belts. would be super helpful..

Well I agree but at the same time we have to consider balance...

whatever gets added, the equal of it must be available for ranged and melee weapons.

I personally have always wanted weapon conditions.

Manufacturing would have the ability to use raw materials to repair guns. I wouldn't even dream of put slugs thru my binelli Super90 m3 without cleaning it afterwards.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Jan.11, 08:28 PM
(2010.Jan.11 08:24 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  
(2010.Jan.11 08:22 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  i was thinking maybe have like ionized bullets. or some sort of weapon add on that helps to negate belts. would be super helpful..

Well I agree but at the same time we have to consider balance...

whatever gets added, the equal of it must be available for ranged and melee weapons.

Manufacturing would have the ability to use raw materials to repair guns. I wouldn't even dream of put slugs thru my binelli Super90 m3 without cleaning it afterwards.

That's an intriguing idea...needing to repair weapons. Similiar to belts, it could be something costly or something that a career to do. This would help with the complaints about careers being limited.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2010.Jan.11, 08:36 PM
(2010.Jan.11 08:24 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  Well I agree but at the same time we have to consider balance...

well there are ionized swords and such. and for negating belts i was thinking in general.

also this repairing could be interesting but it could also be a pain.

(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2010.Jan.11, 08:37 PM
I like the aspect of multiple players needed to complete tasks. The coding could be used for so many facets of the game. From attacking quests, to group organized crimes, to hideout repairing, or large group hideout attacks.

I agree, this is a great idea!
2010.Jan.11, 08:42 PM
for the belts since according to the description they use magnets maybe have the opposite pole on the weapon so the belt pulls the weapon in rather than repelling it.

also zeon great ideas. they could really spice up the game.

(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2010.Jan.11, 08:50 PM
Ammunition, for example, would be a science and manufacturing bases-ability.

You would need manuf. for raw metals for the casings, and science for the gunpowder materials and making.

Science could also make AP, FMJ, HP, Explosive, Poison filled.... Posion filled is easy, i use that for the annoying animals that ruin my garden.

Fill a .22mag tip with a small amount of arsenic, or my favorite, a less-than-gentle blend of bleach and crushed, then ground rat poision. Apply hot candle wax to the tip. Regardless of where I shoot the furry critter, it will die, and leave my effin veggies alone!

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Jan.11, 08:57 PM
(2010.Jan.11 08:50 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  Ammunition, for example, would be a science and manufacturing bases-ability.

You would need manuf. for raw metals for the casings, and science for the gunpowder materials and making.

Science could also make AP, FMJ, HP, Explosive, Poison filled.... Posion filled is easy, i use that for the annoying animals that ruin my garden.

Fill a .22mag tip with a small amount of arsenic, or my favorite, a less-than-gentle blend of bleach and crushed, then ground rat poision. Apply hot candle wax to the tip. Regardless of where I shoot the furry critter, it will die, and leave my effin veggies alone!

please don't scare off all of tommi's furry little friends

fetish'd

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2010.Jan.11, 08:59 PM
(2010.Jan.11 08:57 PM)Leopard Wrote:  
(2010.Jan.11 08:50 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  Ammunition, for example, would be a science and manufacturing bases-ability.

please don't scare off all of tommi's furry little friends

fetish'd

lol

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.