protection code
2008.May.02, 08:37 AM

cheetah Wrote:
alinutza Wrote:are you sure?

Yes

so no "guilty by association" theory, nothig?

One of you gang members attacked me online once, not recently, and i asked why; he said he did it because i was the only one online at that moment and he had some unfinished business with Marlo or PropositionJoe

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.May.02, 08:49 AM

I didn't say there was NO guilt by association, I said sometimes an issue between 2 people grows into an issue between 2 gangs, bc of the code (but then that's half the fun of being in a gang)... If you want to whine about whatever hit you're talking about, I think that's a difft topic.
2008.May.02, 08:59 AM

The way I see it is that the privileged few that scream bloody murder when they feel that some of their rights are getting stomped on. The ones who can do anything that they want to anyone they please.

My best guess is that the code is there for a pretty good reason, and the lynch mob justice is one of them. Every time someone is outed as a villain in this game, everyone wants to be the hero who brings justice to the game, and most often no one ever bothers to check the story out.

And I see that the main argument against the code is so that people shouldn't be allowed to speak their mind, and here on the same page we have a poll for people that wants an uncensored forum. Which would be yet another place where people would get punished for speaking their mind, probably even harder since the posts would be a bit more colorful. Yay!

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.May.02, 09:02 AM

Howlsong Wrote:Its about time someone else clued in on how annoying and useless that code is. And I agree, I think if we could expend our energy on one individual we'd be less likely (not saying it would stop mind but less likely) to continue to make his gangmates pay for his lack of respect for others.

exactly, and this answer's alinutza's questions as well
2008.May.02, 09:03 AM

Druchii Wrote:The way I see it is that the privileged few that scream bloody murder when they feel that some of their rights are getting stomped on. The ones who can do anything that they want to anyone they please.

My best guess is that the code is there for a pretty good reason, and the lynch mob justice is one of them. Every time someone is outed as a villain in this game, everyone wants to be the hero who brings justice to the game, and most often no one ever bothers to check the story out.

And I see that the main argument against the code is so that people shouldn't be allowed to speak their mind, and here on the same page we have a poll for people that wants an uncensored forum. Which would be yet another place where people would get punished for speaking their mind, probably even harder since the posts would be a bit more colorful. Yay!

So you think it's acceptable to get a 15 minute hosp time on someone for your second hospitalization on that person just because offline hits for exp earlier in the day negatively factored into the equation?

"Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?! This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass! "
2008.May.02, 09:04 AM

cheetah Wrote:If you want to whine about whatever hit you're talking about, I think that's a difft topic.

It's not whining, it's an example!(can you make the difference?) for you to understand something you don't want to understand..

cheetah Wrote:Yep, bc when you can no longer hospitalize someone, your gangmates step in to do it. Which leads to their gangmates stepping in on yours, which leads to a hospital full of people who wouldn't have been there if the code wasn't in place.

if "your gangmates" would hospitalize only the player that caused the problems, then "their gangmates" would not cause any collateral damage..
(no reference is being made to the events from the last 7 or days ago)

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.May.02, 09:07 AM

wrong, i hit someone in your gang online, so I was hit back online by another member of your gang, now back on topic please
2008.May.02, 09:08 AM

w00k Wrote:So you think it's acceptable to get a 15 minute hosp time on someone for your second hospitalization on that person just because offline hits for exp earlier in the day negatively factored into the equation?

I think the best thing is to find some sort of middleground and not demand everything one way or the other.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.May.02, 09:10 AM

Druchii Wrote:
w00k Wrote:So you think it's acceptable to get a 15 minute hosp time on someone for your second hospitalization on that person just because offline hits for exp earlier in the day negatively factored into the equation?

I think the best thing is to find some sort of middleground and not demand everything one way or the other.

Good one, Drouchebag Biggrin

"Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?! This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass! "
2008.May.02, 09:12 AM

Why thank you, a few of my brain farts seems to smell good.