protection code
2008.May.02, 12:19 PM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:Gang protection and gang backup is a pretty sweet feature, in my opinion. I used it once and whomped people..Just because we're getting rid of berzerking doesn't mean you should get rid of those. It's like saying get rid of everyone's borg implants and tell them to go natural for the rest of their days.

To say, there'd be war in the streets. Alot of people falling off the face of the earth. Neutral
gang protection and back up is for pussies, they use it and make out they have got super stats in 3 days, if back up and protection stays, then so does berserk in my eyes
2008.May.02, 12:19 PM

There is always going to be someone complaining about something. :roll:
2008.May.02, 12:22 PM

Kirky1992 Wrote:
TommiTheTaco Wrote:Gang protection and gang backup is a pretty sweet feature, in my opinion. I used it once and whomped people..Just because we're getting rid of berzerking doesn't mean you should get rid of those. It's like saying get rid of everyone's borg implants and tell them to go natural for the rest of their days.

To say, there'd be war in the streets. Alot of people falling off the face of the earth. Neutral
gang protection and back up is for whimps, they use it and make out they have got super stats in 3 days, if back up and protection stays, then so does berserk in my eyes

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Ooo, man..Do it again.
2008.May.02, 12:39 PM

Kirky,

I dont want to get rid of the berserk option. just make it the only hospitalize option and rename it hospitalize.

The gang back up and gang protection options are incentives for people to join and stay in one gang. They are a good feature especially since they dont factor in to power level and then a weaker player can beat a stronger player and steal a decent amount of gang points for his gang. It also adds a bit of Gang point management into the mix. as a president you have to decide if it is worth giving the protection to someone or if your gang is better served saving those gang points for another upgrade.
2008.May.02, 12:40 PM

Kirky1992 Wrote:gang protection and back up is for whimps, they use it and make out they have got super stats in 3 days, if back up and protection stays, then so does berserk in my eyes

Zen wanted the game to have some realistic features; so in real life if you're in a gang and someone attacks you, the other members will sit and watch??

and berserk is for those that are not in a gang :wink: (probably)

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.May.02, 12:43 PM

alinutza Wrote:
Kirky1992 Wrote:gang protection and back up is for whimps, they use it and make out they have got super stats in 3 days, if back up and protection stays, then so does berserk in my eyes

Zen wanted the game to have some realistic features; so in real life if you're in a gang and someone attacks you, the other members will sit and watch??

and berserk is for those that are not in a gang :wink: (probably)
but gang members arent getting involved are they? the one member just becomes super human, when the attacker does win only one gets sent to the hospital,
you say the game is realistic, what about cyborgs? lol Wink think before you post
2008.May.02, 12:49 PM

Awesomo. It adds surprise to the game. It's always fun to try and figure out if someone you used to beat on nonstop actually worked their asses off to beat you, or if they're using gang protection and gang backup to do so.
2008.May.02, 12:51 PM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:Awesomo. It adds surprise to the game. It's always fun to try and figure out if someone you used to beat on nonstop actually worked their asses off to beat you, or if they're using gang protection and gang backup to do so.
but you know they havent worked their ass off, coz in less than a week there doing about 1k more damage haha, then they try saying they have better stats than you :roll:
2008.May.02, 12:57 PM

However, YOU don't know that. It makes you think twice about attacking them whenever they come back at you with a force you haven't seen before, doesn't it? Especially whenever you start losing to that individual. Unless you're smarter than that, and wait until they run that down, then you're probably going to hate it, but I find it rather interesting to hit someone up, that I normally beat, to get beaten in a fair match-up.

Anyway..Protection code should be done away with. I like purple fuzz pirate's idea(Sorry. Don't know you're name.) I like my idea, too.
2008.May.02, 01:03 PM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:However, YOU don't know that. It makes you think twice about attacking them whenever they come back at you with a force you haven't seen before, doesn't it? Especially whenever you start losing to that individual. Unless you're smarter than that, and wait until they run that down, then you're probably going to hate it, but I find it rather interesting to hit someone up, that I normally beat, to get beaten in a fair match-up.

Anyway..Protection code should be done away with. I like purple fuzz pirate's idea(Sorry. Don't know you're name.) I like my idea, too.
we agree, that code sucks, you want to give somebody a hospital stay and they get 20mins, hhmm :roll: