Game Addition : Skills
2008.Apr.10, 10:49 PM

LikeWhoa Wrote:
SimonAnything Wrote:
zenith Wrote:I definitely don't want people to spend a ton of time and end up feeling like they wasted it on a dead-end skill.

I thought about manufacturing and laughed after reading this.

i too laughed when you said "manufacturing will turn out good". glad i didnt take your route

Unfortunately, Manufacturing needed the skills code to be completed to really get a kick. Believe me, I haven't stopped adding things to careers. But yes, Manufacturing is a let down at the moment.

Hey lady, watch the pyramids please..Edited by Chance

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Apr.11, 05:00 AM

Skills system sounds like a cool development - it also adds the possibility of giving minimum skill requirements for new weapons, which could be interesting...
2008.Apr.11, 08:03 AM

I know someone with level 9 manufacturing, they are waiting patiently for you Zenith in hopes of new career skillz. I know you won't let them down.

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2008.Apr.11, 08:41 AM

saint Wrote:so the level 1s have the advantage of starting out with these skills and all the classes, but the veterans of the game get a late start to this and no new classes? their only advantage is they may have donated to up their int already (which a level 1 can still do anyways btw)

OH NOoooes!! the veterans don't gain a super huge benefit over the Newbies.. what ever will they do???

PS.. where are we going to be going to start studying? Will there be an added spot in the explore button or??
2008.Apr.11, 09:09 AM

that's not what I'm saying, simply pointiing out it gives them a bit of an added boost from day one and I was kind of hoping for new classes or something but they arent changing to keep things fair for them.
2008.Apr.11, 09:17 AM

New classes would be great but this added skill system might be nifty.
it's still skewed to vets since they generally will have the higher Int needed to boost scores higher.

Just another way for super duper high power Joes to get even more brutal vs. newbies.
2008.Apr.11, 12:49 PM

You are 226 days old I im 431 days, in this game that is alot of time. Of course "veterans" people will have a advantage of newbes thats just the way it is, we have been here longer and put a hell of alot of hours in.

If someone trained as a boxer for 6 months and was put into a ring with someone who spend everyday training for years, should the person whos been training longer be made tie his arm behind his back because its not fair hes been training longer.

Agree with saint, would have liked to see some new classes added as will, we have waited a long time for them.

The new skills sound great and lookig forward to see how they pan out, but well we be getting any info on the new weapons etc before people start picking what skills to train.

Why is there not armor skills or is that something that is in the pipeline?
2008.Apr.11, 01:44 PM

saradon27 Wrote:You are 226 days old I im 431 days, in this game that is alot of time. Of course "veterans" people will have a advantage of newbes thats just the way it is, we have been here longer and put a hell of alot of hours in.

If someone trained as a boxer for 6 months and was put into a ring with someone who spend everyday training for years, should the person whos been training longer be made tie his arm behind his back because its not fair hes been training longer.

Agree with saint, would have liked to see some new classes added as will, we have waited a long time for them.

The new skills sound great and lookig forward to see how they pan out, but well we be getting any info on the new weapons etc before people start picking what skills to train.

Why is there not armor skills or is that something that is in the pipeline?

I am adding new weapons at the moment. This is the reason I didn't release the skill code yet. Just in the process of making the new weapons balanced.

No armor skills at the moment. Just attacking skills.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Apr.11, 02:56 PM

Other than the Cyborg and Human Class

More classes would be very interesting. For example,

Mutant Class - With the advance research of the bio enhancement technology since the War World II day, People can now use special chemical shot to mutate their skill enhancement.

The changes are perminant, however, each shot of mutation will lose a bit of humanity. The different between Mutant and Cyborg is that the effect of the bonus is randomized as such...
2008.Apr.11, 02:57 PM

Does that mean that we will see a bunch of new weapons available only in the lvl 50 district with similar power than the SB-1?

It's not that I hate spending but if I'm gonna have to overpay for another weapon (yes, if I had the choice at first, I would have chosen pistols or maybe sub-machine over an unstable shotgun), on top of having to go through the trouble of selling mine, it's gonna be a real PITA...

Will we have the opportunity to just switch or are they gonna be available in DD for a short period of time?

It's a matter of being fair to every1, like it has been said so many times in this thread.