Game Addition : Skills
2008.Apr.11, 07:01 PM
Re: Game Addition : Skills
zenith Wrote:Knowledge Skills Currently Available
Military Assault - helps with attacking hideouts
Military Defense - helps with defending a hideout
Military Fortification - helps with repairing and defending a hideout

A question for Zen...I and I know several others have asked, for a section in the gang page, similar to the history of gang attacks, repairs and defends in the last 7 days, to show cps used in war...

For those of us who continue this route, as we have in the past to spend our aps to store cps to use solely for the benefit of our gangs, can we not at least have the same logs shown for our using our cps for the gang after the war?

And whatever we spend to earn/trade in, for use of these new skills in war, can they please be shown in the gang logs as well?
2008.Apr.11, 10:27 PM

Cheetah I agree a log to show how many CPs were used in a war would be nice but i dont think you will have to worry about the skills.

I think you may be misunderstanding how the skills are going to work. It is my understanding that the skill will have a rank that is a passive boost. For instance at rank 0 you average 15 damage per attack. at rank 1 you would average 17 per attack with perhaps you max going from 50 up to 51 and your minumum rising to 2.
2008.Apr.12, 02:37 AM

Hope I didn't miss this earlier but was it intentional that we cannot see how much skills points we have?

Is it only a matter that when you get a good enough grade the test option appears?
2008.Apr.12, 02:40 AM

From what I have seen and heard, it's the grade that matters.
2008.Apr.12, 03:54 AM

Love the new addition. I like how you've oppened the can again for players who can't donate so much, allowing them to use their brain and buy credits off the market to gain the End for some lower requirement items.

I know what Jola means by donators getting another advantaege with the Intell boosts, it's annoying. But it's just obvious that is has to happen, donators donate for a reason. If there was no gains from donations nobody would donate and we wouldn't have a game. Choose to donate, get benefits. It's obvious.

EDIT: Little concern with how you train. It seems a bit too easy to be careless and train the wrong skill. How about a button at the top saying "Train previouslly trained skill" or something like that.
2008.Apr.12, 07:48 AM

ahh the new skils option is a very good idea for players who just wanna train and not attack before i had to attack someone in order to burn off excess energy now i can just study a skill or at least it will burn it off 8 times out the day and id still have to hit someone :? :shock: :x
2008.Apr.12, 08:46 AM

If the blunt skill covers "unarmed" attack, then I will jump all over it. Also, if the blunt weapons cover some sort of high powered glove for a weapon, I'd be on it for that reason also.

I could imagine it now next baseball season...

Baseball Glove
Item Type Glove (Blunt)
Legality Illegal
Availability Rating 0
Concealment Rating 10
Weight (kilograms) 1.0 kg
Standard Price $1
Trade-in Value $1

or even...

Marijuana
Item Type Blunt (Blunt)
Legality Illegal
Availability Rating 0
Concealment Rating 4
Weight (kilograms) .1 kg
Standard Price $20
Trade-in Value $1

lol
2008.Apr.12, 09:03 AM

Marijuana
Item Type Blunt (Blunt)
Legality Illegal
Availability Rating 0
Concealment Rating 4
Weight (kilograms) .1 kg
Standard Price $20
Trade-in Value $1

lol[/quote]

if everyboby was high then nobody would think of evil but i second the motion for more blunts ..... i mean blunt weapons cough cough
2008.Apr.12, 09:08 AM

where's the flippin bow skills?
2008.Apr.12, 09:19 AM

why not cap it @ 8 hrs for each skill? i personally wouldnt seeing a benefit for it because people would be forgoing their training. plus how often do people use multiple guns?