Weapons
2010.Nov.30, 07:22 PM
RE: Weapons
used the conversion rate on al wiki. gives you a higher number than 195,000. you cant just say borg out the minus. you can borg whether or not you do the armor, so no matter what you are down 3 dex and that has to be accounted for. with dex and str being both equally useful for melee, overall it is +3. i wasn't counting the extra resistance because i dont know how to put a number on that so i said modifier alone.
2010.Nov.30, 07:36 PM
(2010.Nov.30 07:22 PM)OnwardTowardTheGlory Wrote:  used the conversion rate on al wiki. gives you a higher number than 195,000. you cant just say borg out the minus. you can borg whether or not you do the armor, so no matter what you are down 3 dex and that has to be accounted for. with dex and str being both equally useful for melee, overall it is +3. i wasn't counting the extra resistance because i dont know how to put a number on that so i said modifier alone.

so basically the way i understand you, and i could be misunderstanding, you negate any bonus resistance does for your character...

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Dec.01, 06:30 AM
i just don't know how to put a number to it. i know it is useful but i dont think it is until well later because of the train penalty and the power of dex. but the modifiers alone are worthless for probably 100% of players right now if they didnt have res already to begin with
2010.Dec.01, 12:29 PM
(2010.Nov.26 08:55 PM)Accipender Wrote:  
(2010.Nov.26 08:51 AM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  Long bladed melee is best donator or not. Just train the drek out of str and dexterity. You can ignore resistance and accuracy.

Take a career in martial arts or construction.

Shotgun is better than any weapon at the top level after the damage adjustment. Other than that, I've heard that Blunt is the best, though it requires Int training.

I, personally, would go axe or lbm. Either are good, Axe just seems to be more consistent at the lower levels. He's right about ignoring acc and res.

Shotgun and Blunt do more damage, absolutely, but the amount of dev points that would make someone, be, say, 35 acc, 30 str, 30 dex (min to equip SB-1 + healthy dexterity) would translate into 35 str and 35 dex for LBM, and you would own anyone going the shotgun route, with the same amount of time and dev points invested in training, and lower endurance requirements, and the gap would only widen as you continue training.

Simply put, the person going to have two main battle stats as high as the shotgun user's accuracy, and the shotgun user would have to let their strength and dexterity suffer.
The other huge bonus would be that you would be extremely strong for your amount of stats, thus giving you much more exp than the shotgun user.... I don't know how the battle code factors in experience, but you know the shotgun user I used in my above example, who would lose 100/100 times to the melee user (provided same tier weapons were used) would give a lot of experience to the melee user, as the battle proficiency of the LBM user would be lower (less total stats) than the battle proficiency of the shotgun user.

This is why when you see people like onward, and kev, level so fast.... It's the battle code giving them 20-50% more exp for "tougher" targets, when in actuality they are weaker.
Unless, and I stress this, the battle proficiency and the modifers the code takes into consideration for experience are based off of total dev points a character has amassed, with resistance corrected for difficulty of training.
This post was last modified: 2010.Dec.01 12:45 PM by InPaceRequiscat.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Dec.01, 02:01 PM
I'm not so sure the fact that players like me are mostly 2 stat'd have a huge advantage in the battle code. I almost feel like the battle exp code looks at your highest stats in some formula and ignores the fact that your other stats are drek. would be nice if zen would just post the code
2010.Dec.01, 09:05 PM
(2010.Dec.01 02:01 PM)OnwardTowardTheGlory Wrote:  I'm not so sure the fact that players like me are mostly 2 stat'd have a huge advantage in the battle code. I almost feel like the battle exp code looks at your highest stats in some formula and ignores the fact that your other stats are drek. would be nice if zen would just post the code

if that's the case, it more than likely looks only at total dev points rather than individual stats.
This post was last modified: 2010.Dec.01 09:05 PM by InPaceRequiscat.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.