Mods - Suggestions / Feedback
2010.Oct.17, 05:15 PM
RE: Mods - Suggestions / Feedback
This isnt a movie...
I think b4 most of u yahoos post you should stop and ask yourself if you would say that in front of your wife to your kid.

I think we'd probably end up with half the forum post problems solved.
This post was last modified: 2010.Oct.17 05:18 PM by Howl.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2010.Oct.17, 07:34 PM
Its not a movie, its a game. Both are not real life. Kids need to learn it somewhere, where better than at home? Wink

95% of the things said here are fine, the other 4.99% the uncontrolled mods go crazy about.

During the work week here Im sure we will get some more good, non mod, input. So far the mods have shown their lack of intelligence and their inability to do their jobs. Let the people speak and STFU. Smirk

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Oct.17, 08:46 PM
Why would they need to learn from us, when they can just go here and learn from Maddox.

That's what she said
2010.Oct.18, 06:27 AM
19.Sep.10 Sender : UFO [8368] online
Date : 17 September 10 @ 5:01:10 pm
Subject : (No Subject)

there was this time and numerous times in the past where a thread (or multiple threads, such as this time) were cleaned incompletely. one of these threads worse than most considering there was a post deleted for being inappropriate and/or off topic...but a post quoting the post was left unmodded.

why do i see this as a problem, you ask? (great question, btw) because it's counterproductive and a waste of time.

why do i see not cleaning a thread completely as a problem? because when you don't delete posts that are referencing a deleted post, someone's intent on that post can be completely misconstrued.

and it's terribly inconsistent as to how these forums were modded yesterday and may be modded tomorrow.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

that's a mail i sent to XXXXX explaining my reasoning for being irritated. you are misunderstanding my issue by stating that "it isn't poor modding that's the issue..." my gripe is and has always been about "poor modding". cleaning threads incompletely that cause more confusion and are a waste of time if not cleaned fully and/or properly.

the lack of respect for them (mods) comes when i try to take it privately and he/she decides that no response is deemed.

====================================================

i sent that to zenith (after i sent it to a mod and didn't get a response) after the statement that "poor modding" wasn't my gripe. and that i was basically complaining to complain.

here's another suggestion...when you delete an entire thread, mail the op explaining why. gee, maybe that would keep the same thing from happening twice.

all the suggestions in the world aren't gonna change these forums.
This post was last modified: 2010.Oct.18 06:27 AM by spacebird.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2010.Oct.18, 07:13 AM
(2010.Oct.18 06:27 AM)Troopermccue Wrote:  all the suggestions in the world aren't gonna change these forums.

+1

There are people who shouldn't be mods at all. Usha should definitely not be a mod, and sorry but neither should Jola.

I'm actually ok with Monk and Bcon as they arent really that bad.

My problem with Jola is they only mod when they feel like it, and I've never seen them mod a gang members posts.

Ush is not active enough to be a mod, period.

The forums are fine the way they are IMO, and keeping something PG13 is different from keeping it G rated which the mods seem to think is what PG 13 means.

Break down of ratings

G- General Audiences
All ages admitted

PG- Parental Guidance Suggested
Some material may not be suitable for children

PG-13- Parents Strongly Cautioned
Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13

R- Restricted
Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian

How many people have you met that are under 13 that play this game? How many kids under 13 have you heard dropping F bombs? I hear it all the time from kids in the neighborhood. My point is simple, unless it reaches an R rating, it SHOULD NOT BE MODDED.

R rating is like saying I want to fuck you, telling you to fuck off is NOT R rated yet the mods mod that shit anyway.

This is the WORST forum modding system I have EVER seen.

Your warning rating ideas are stupid, literally. Here lets ban someone for something thats not a bannable offense. I would really like to see Zenith come post here because as it stands right now, none of the ideas that the mods have come up with are worth a shit.

Oh and before you even remotely say anything about the people posting here against your ideas are those that are consistently breaking the rules, I have only received three warnings ever.

Quote:intentional pyramidding (+5 points)
for post: RE: Dear Mods 2010.Oct.01, 11:55 AM 2010.Oct.31, 11:55 AM Ushanewnewba
Working around the coarse language block (+6 points) 2010.Sep.02, 01:10 AM Expired ModBot-002
inappropriate language in forum (+6 points) 2010.Aug.31, 12:49 AM Expired ModBot-002

As you can see, Ush is the only player mod thats modded my post and warned me, and it was for pyramidding.
2010.Oct.18, 09:46 AM
(2010.Oct.18 07:13 AM)BadLuck Wrote:  My problem with Jola is they only mod when they feel like it, and I've never seen them mod a gang members posts.

Jolabent has modded me in the past I believe. Don't know if i've gotten a warning from her, but the only mods i can remember i've gotten warnings from are Ush, Dru, and Weebay...

Weebay was a good mod, until that whole mess...

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Oct.18, 11:14 AM
Oh I just got modded for voicing my............doctrine.....

I was saying that modding is subjective, based upon a personal belief system and really up the the individual mod..........

Obama's balls, your chin...............Suckers..........Duped again.
Benders face, my ass....................Sucker Dupe
2010.Oct.18, 11:21 AM
(2010.Oct.18 11:14 AM)BrokenGlass Wrote:  I was saying that modding is subjective, based upon a personal belief system and really up the the individual mod..........

I think thats where a lot of the moderating problems stem from. There should be standards set in stone, and regardless of ones personal beliefs they should be held to uphold those standards.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Oct.18, 11:27 AM
well brug, there is a problem. Only those who have no life and very little real life human interaction are mods. Therefore they are socially inept in both life and AL. I am smoking a bowl and lost my train of thought. I will get back to you when this epic response becomes epic again.

I smoke crack!
2010.Oct.18, 03:25 PM
I think the mods need to take a deontological approach to the way they mod the forums. It will result in the applicatin of an ethical theory that has little bias and suggests that actions should only be taken when it would be appropriate for every other person on earth to take that action.

Reaganomics! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯