Outdated POI
2010.Jun.29, 02:47 AM
RE: Outdated POI
i hope this gets implemented, but instead of switching ranks, the person who loses just goes down 1 rank, and the person who wins gets the losers rank (if it was higher).

so A = 23 B = 40
B wins so A=24 B=23

instead of

B wins so A=40 B=23.

And after a week or so the ladder wil be fairly solid and ready for setting your own goals.

Maybe once it has been put in, if it turns out a bit plain and boring, we can figure out a point system to go with it.

19.) You hit for 1195 points of damage. XXX resists 2 for a total of 1193 damage.
2010.Jun.29, 04:13 AM
Correct, Switching wouldnt give us a settled base.

Could be a good base for future comps too. I.e most places climbed in a month etc
This post was last modified: 2010.Jun.29 04:14 AM by Moriarty.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2010.Jun.29, 06:30 AM
(2010.Jun.29 04:13 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  Correct, Switching wouldnt give us a settled base.

Could be a good base for future comps too. I.e most places climbed in a month etc

would it be inappropriate for me to say that i want to lay naked with you and watch the sun rise while covered head to toe in petrolium jelly and chowing down on some corn on the cob?

sorry, would have gang mailed my desire but it seems as if we have a fucknut for gang leader.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2010.Jun.29, 06:37 AM
(2010.Jun.29 06:30 AM)Troopermccue Wrote:  
(2010.Jun.29 04:13 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  Correct, Switching wouldnt give us a settled base.

would it be inappropriate for me to say that i want to lay naked with you and watch the sun rise while covered head to toe in petrolium jelly and chowing down on some corn on the cob?

sorry, would have gang mailed my desire but it seems as if we have a fucknut for gang leader.

I second this.
2010.Jun.29, 07:04 AM
(2010.Jun.29 06:30 AM)Troopermccue Wrote:  

Motion Passed.

It won't be corn you are chowing down on

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2010.Jun.29, 07:23 AM
i can't believe it's not butter.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2010.Jun.29, 10:31 AM
(2010.Jun.29 12:39 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  for me the list should be unrestricted, candies may catapult you to the top but you will eventually be found out and drop like a stone.

If player A is 23 and B is 40. If player B beats player A. A moves to 23 and B drops to 24. In some systems the players swop but it is often unbalanced.

To clear up the point about only being able to attack 10 players. The game carries on as normal, you can attack anyone for exp but only attacking players higher than you on the table will move you up the league.

Will encourage people to bite off a lot more and challenge players their own power level. I dont think this game has enough players willing to lose a fight.
There is quite a lot in here about points awarded etc, but lets not over complicate it, if you win you move up if not, you dont.

perhaps it could be in the user list as an option to rearrange everyone into league table standings, just like you can reorder into level and user ID

I was going to pick and choose, but that's all worth repeating.

This is certainly even easier to implement Smile

I like every suggestion in here, so I'll just toss in a +1

Doing it like this will have the list constantly in flux, and it won't really settle down as much as something like an Elo score, but the list will be in approximately the right order.
2010.Jun.29, 10:35 AM
I like the idea as long as proper XP is awarded

Wu tang
2010.Jun.29, 10:45 AM
+1

This really is a SW era

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2010.Jun.29, 11:07 AM
Don't forget the +1 rank for hosping noobs

As soon as I get out of the hospital I am hitting new players as soon as They become hit worthy.