AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Outdated POI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Is it time to replace or suppliment the POI with a league table?

Once of a day the POI would be a good indicator of who is where in the game but with the advent of skills it is of minimal use now.

I propose a league table. Based on a ladder system. Beat the player above you and you move up, get beat and move down.

deathishere

(2010.Jun.28 01:59 AM)Moriarty Wrote: [ -> ]Is it time to replace or suppliment the POI with a league table?

Once of a day the POI would be a good indicator of who is where in the game but with the advent of skills it is of minimal use now.

I propose a league table. Based on a ladder system. Beat the player above you and you move up, get beat and move down.

Sounds cool.
would be fun... laddering FTW

deathishere

(2010.Jun.28 02:12 AM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote: [ -> ]would be fun... laddering FTW

Should the top 3 on the ladder get tags, and when they get knocket out they lose their tag? (gold star or something next to donater days)
i like this idea.

deathishere

(2010.Jun.28 02:38 AM)dnbrocks Wrote: [ -> ]i like this idea.

Well i like it more..
i like it more then all of you! PLLEASSEEE ZEN? we'll be good.. promise!

that would bring a totally new meaning to the game, making it way more exciting and challenging..

but i also like the P.O.I, maybe take out the combat and stats section of POI and also have the league table?
I'm not very familiar with the technical details of a ladder system. Someone care to go in-depth with how one would work on here? The more technical details the better.
just a table with 2 fields, user_id and position, you win, you increment position and decrement the one above you.

Although it would be better if each rank had a certain amount of points, so that database load isn't too high with people shuffling places every battle, you could make it count up over a couple of battles and then at one hour intervals refresh the ladder.

I'm just not sure how it will fully work, will it be something like a rank 1 beats a rank 400, does the rank 400 go down a rank because of that?
Basically a ladder system works by initially seeding into a rough order, probably by level.

Usually you challenge a player up to 3 places above you, if you win you move above them, if not you move down a place.

To simplify it for AL you could fight anyone above you and if you win then you move above them, if you lose you stay where you are, that way after a couple of weeks of people fighting back and forth you would get a basic ladder in almost power level order give or take some randomness which would give players incentive to fight and climb the league.

To move above your own gang members youd have to wait for a GCD or leave and risk losing your gang bonuses

We seem to be lacking a goal around here at the moment, I believe this might help to add one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's