AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Outdated POI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2010.Jun.29 11:07 AM)americanpsycho Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget the +1 rank for hosping noobs

As soon as I get out of the hospital I am hitting new players as soon as They become hit worthy.

WTG guys... made another carl

americanpsycho

I was joking. I gave my ranch to a noob last night. I can help her avoid getting caught up. I will even donate and sell her $20 credits lol
Hospitalizing noobs is a rite of passage.
Good idea prof!
Great Idea, Moriety!

There are some fundamental flaw that we should fix.
1) Exploit specific player still can happen
2) Other than a ladder rank system, there is nothing new to it.

I would like to add the following suggestion to address the possible issue and add some spice into the AL Ladder System.

* The Ladder System should have several leagues to encourage more competition.
* The Ladder System should be random. This will stop the exploit of hitting specific players.
* The Ladder System should include a Timer to encourage fairness and challenge among all the participants.

Example:

Player A initialized the Ladder Challenge. The Ladder Challenge will randomly picked a player for Player A. The chosen challenger will be a players who have even/higher stats than Player A.

The Ladder Challenge System will sent an Event to both Player A and the Random Player. This Event will let them know that a Battle will start in 5 minutes. Both Player will have 5 minutes to prepare them self, such as get stim, heal, and/or equip belt. During those 5 min, If anything happen to either one of the player, then, the ladder is canceled.

The winner will advance a rank pass the loser. And, the loser will lose a rank.

To make this Ladder System more challenging. A League will be introduce.

Junior League
For a Start, everyone who is not in the top 110 player will be in this league. This will add some difficulty for those more powerful player.

Advantage -
An Event to warn Players will be set to 5 minutes.
The Ladder System will randomly matches you with one out of 5-10 players, who is stronger than you.

Silver League
Only 110 Players will be on this list. Whoever get to the top, can enter the Ivy League.

Advantage -
An Event to warn Player will be set to 2 mins.
The Ladder System will randomly matches you with one out of 15-20 players, who is stronger than you.

Ivy League
Only 10 Players can be in here. Since you maybe knock out of the league, you will have to be prepare every second. For once, being the top is not as bored any longer.

Uniqueness -
No event will be given to player
The Ladder System will randomly matches you with TWO out of 15-20 players below to your level.
Now and day?
(2010.Jun.29 10:35 AM)HeadBustin Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea as long as proper XP is awarded

Why would it change exp? It shouldnt change the game dynamics or code but simply a new fresh way to handle the data
(2010.Jun.29 12:16 PM)ZeonOne Wrote: [ -> ]Great Idea, Moriety!

There are some fundamental flaw that we should fix.
1) Exploit specific player still can happen
2) Other than a ladder rank system, there is nothing new to it.

I would like to add the following suggestion to address the possible issue and add some spice into the AL Ladder System.

* The Ladder System should have several leagues to encourage more competition.
* The Ladder System should be random. This will stop the exploit of hitting specific players.
* The Ladder System should include a Timer to encourage fairness and challenge among all the participants.

Example:

Player A initialized the Ladder Challenge. The Ladder Challenge will randomly picked a player for Player A. The challenger of Player A will be players who is close to or higher than Player A's stats.

The Ladder Challenge System will sent an Event to both Player A and the Random Player. This Event will let them know that a Battle will start in 5 minutes. Both Player will have 5 minutes to prepare them self, such as get stim, heal, and/or equip belt.

The winner will advance a rank pass the loser. And, the loser will lose a rank.

To make this Ladder System more challenging. A Leauge will be introduce.

Junior League
For a Start, everyone who is not in the top 110 player will be in this league.

Advantage -
An Event to warn Players will be set to 5 minutes.
The Ladder System will randomly matches you with one out of 5-10 players, who is stronger than you.

Silver League
Only 110 Players will be on this list. Whoever get to the top, can enter the Ivy League.

Advantage -
An Event to warn Player will be set to 2 mins.
The Ladder System will randomly matches you with one out of 15-20 players, who is stronger than you.

Ivy League
Only 10 Players can be in here.

Uniqueness -
No event will be given to player
The Ladder System will randomly matches you with TWO out of 15-20 players below to your level.

thanks for your input.

Zen, please disregard his post.
yeah it cant be randomly chosen. what if you are in the middle of a war, or just dont want to be in a battle. or in the hosp, or in jail....and there should just be one ladder Razz
another thing that could flaw the system is unequiped players, could help a buddy climb really quick, it will work out in the end i guess

but

just say i was rank 10

some other kid rank 110

he beats me unequiped and climbs 100 spots without earning his spot..

would be nice to see a way that if the opponent is not equiped it does not count towards the ladder, in the new loggers it mentions what they have, if no weapon i say no climb... i mean if that isnt possible no worries, just would be nice to see everything earned instead of given
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's