Outdated POI
2010.Jun.29, 03:20 PM
RE: Outdated POI
Zeon why can expoits happen you can only move up above the players above you. I think you are in danger of over thinking this. Fundamentally the ladder is pretty simple in my eyes.

If you take the current pantheon as an example, i am about 47th yet i can probably beat players up to 10 places above. With a ladder i would even out about 37th and can then strive to beat the players above

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2010.Jun.29, 03:21 PM
(2010.Jun.29 03:17 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  another thing that could flaw the system is unequiped players, could help a buddy climb really quick, it will work out in the end i guess

but

just say i was rank 10

some other kid rank 110

he beats me unequiped and climbs 100 spots without earning his spot..

would be nice to see a way that if the opponent is not equiped it does not count towards the ladder, in the new loggers it mentions what they have, if no weapon i say no climb... i mean if that isnt possible no worries, just would be nice to see everything earned instead of given

Good call. But they could still equip a very low weapon and do the same :S

Wu tang
2010.Jun.29, 03:38 PM
(2010.Jun.29 03:17 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  another thing that could flaw the system is unequiped players, could help a buddy climb really quick, it will work out in the end i guess

but

just say i was rank 10

some other kid rank 110

would be nice to see a way that if the opponent is not equiped it does not count towards the ladder, in the new loggers it mentions what they have, if no weapon i say no climb... i mean if that isnt possible no worries, just would be nice to see everything earned instead of given

not a gooe idea imo, someone could use candies to get to a artificially high rank, then unequip so he/she would stay at that rank for as long as they want..

and if someone wants to cheat and get his friend to unequip, and he jumps from rank 100 to rank 30, so be it, he will be the one enduring 70 attacks back down to rank 100 where he belongs.

oh and i believe that with this implemented, online attacks should be allowed!
This post was last modified: 2010.Jun.29 03:40 PM by shadow55.

19.) You hit for 1195 points of damage. XXX resists 2 for a total of 1193 damage.
2010.Jun.29, 03:39 PM
Yet everyone will beat that player that rose and he will drop back down again. He gets his 15 mins for being at the top but the beauty of the ladder is that he wont be able to stay there.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2010.Jun.29, 03:53 PM
(2010.Jun.29 03:20 PM)Moriarty Wrote:  Zeon why can expoits happen you can only move up above the players above you. I think you are in danger of over thinking this. Fundamentally the ladder is pretty simple in my eyes.

If you take the current pantheon as an example, i am about 47th yet i can probably beat players up to 10 places above. With a ladder i would even out about 37th and can then strive to beat the players above

Here is the thing. Some player have a build that are stronger than the other build. Technically speaking.

Player A can beat Player B. Player B can beat Player C. But, for some reason, Player A can't beat Player C.

In addition, I felt that AL is not as fun as it would be. This is indirectly cause by not much surprise attack. This would change that.

You can't blame them for attacking you online due to Ladder Random Challenge. So, u just take the hit as good sport.

Also, AL is all about being random. When you surprisingly found out that you just attacked a player that you normally can't beat and won, this would definitely add some spice to the game.

Damn, if I got an event about a ladder battle about to start, I would be like. Who will be fighting me. Let's get this belt on, maybe candy... And, wait for the clock to click.
This post was last modified: 2010.Jun.29 03:58 PM by ZeonOne.

Amend
2010.Jun.29, 04:04 PM
So would the ladder have its own district or how would that work?

Wu tang
2010.Jun.29, 04:09 PM

but

just say i was rank 10

some other kid rank 110

Random would be one way to fix that no equipment issue.
(2010.Jun.29 04:04 PM)HeadBustin Wrote:  So would the ladder have its own district or how would that work?

New District would be possible, but not really necessary.

Just a "Ladder" link would do. It could take us to a Ladder page to issue a challenge.
This post was last modified: 2010.Jun.29 04:11 PM by ZeonOne.

Amend
2010.Jun.29, 04:28 PM
I am very much impress with idea

[Image: borat.jpg]

Wu tang
2010.Jun.29, 07:38 PM
(2010.Jun.29 03:39 PM)Moriarty Wrote:  Yet everyone will beat that player that rose and he will drop back down again. He gets his 15 mins for being at the top but the beauty of the ladder is that he wont be able to stay there.

speaking of roses...

10:39 am Joshawa (aka conrad) sent a Red Rose to your storage unit.

dude, no matter how hard you wish, or how many text-based roses you send me, i'm still not gonna be an 11 year old fillipino boy.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2010.Jun.29, 10:20 PM
(2010.Jun.29 07:38 PM)Troopermccue Wrote:  
(2010.Jun.29 03:39 PM)Moriarty Wrote:  Yet everyone will beat that player that rose and he will drop back down again. He gets his 15 mins for being at the top but the beauty of the ladder is that he wont be able to stay there.

speaking of roses...

10:39 am Joshawa (aka conrad) sent a Red Rose to your storage unit.

dude, no matter how hard you wish, or how many text-based roses you send me, i'm still not gonna be an 11 year old fillipino boy.

thats what she said.

i know, but, these are the things people are gonna bitch about and say the ladder is flawed, people cheat, everybody knows that most of the shit in these forums is useless bitching about all the bad things in the game
This post was last modified: 2010.Jun.29 10:23 PM by Duchbag69.

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.