Outdated POI
2010.Jun.28, 06:54 PM
RE: Outdated POI
(2010.Jun.28 04:25 PM)DirkDanja Wrote:  
(2010.Jun.28 03:59 PM)2asandab Wrote:  I like this idea a lot.

Few questions,

List would only include active players? Go i/a off the list, sign back in and you're where you were?

Would it include all types of combat? and would an opponent have to be @ full health for the battle to count?

Zen

I believe he is asking for a list of players, that when one player beats another in combat the winner takes the higher number in the match (1 being the highest, the amount of players being the lowest) and the loser would take the lower number. Essentially, giving all players a combat rank which is constantly up-to-date and pertinent to combat specifically.

so,

if Player A is rank 23 and Player B is rank 40

A=23 B=40

If A beats B, A=23 B=40
If B beats A, A=40 B=23

It should be that player A and B can't fight each other because
player A is ranked 23 and player B is ranked 40
the only way to move up is to fight the guys up to five ranks in front of you
any lose to a player thats ranked lower than you resulting in you
dropping down a few spots

So you can only ever attack ten total people? That sounds like a mob waiting to happen...

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2010.Jun.28, 06:59 PM
(2010.Jun.28 06:54 PM)Accipender Wrote:  
(2010.Jun.28 04:25 PM)DirkDanja Wrote:  It should be that player A and B can't fight each other because
player A is ranked 23 and player B is ranked 40
the only way to move up is to fight the guys up to five ranks in front of you
any lose to a player thats ranked lower than you resulting in you
dropping down a few spots

So you can only ever attack ten total people? That sounds like a mob waiting to happen...

I think there should be another attack option to move up in rank. You can attack anyone you like but if you want to be ranked higher then you have an extra attack option. Thats if we use Dirk's idea.

Additionally, I don't know how much harder this will be but maybe GCB does not help in "ranked battles". Maybe Zen can make it so that once a week everyone is thrown into the battleground for the day, and in there we fight out our ranks. Then we have a week to prepare and catch up for the next opportunity.
2010.Jun.28, 07:03 PM
could also have a section for the most improved players..

Help CrunchyBlack Here!!!!

Smoke dis, smoke dat, smoke weed, smoke crack
Everybody gettin' high, high off they fuckin' sac
2010.Jun.28, 07:29 PM
(2010.Jun.28 03:49 PM)Moriarty Wrote:  Basically a ladder system works by initially seeding into a rough order, probably by level.

Usually you challenge a player up to 3 places above you, if you win you move above them, if not you move down a place.

To simplify it for AL you could fight anyone above you and if you win then you move above them, if you lose you stay where you are, that way after a couple of weeks of people fighting back and forth you would get a basic ladder in almost power level order give or take some randomness which would give players incentive to fight and climb the league.

To move above your own gang members youd have to wait for a GCD or leave and risk losing your gang bonuses

We seem to be lacking a goal around here at the moment, I believe this might help to add one.

you are the Greatest and i now profess my love.

any win/loss should count. shouldnt matter if using a sheild, career bonus, protection, etc.... all options available in the game should play a part in the win/loss/ "rank". some people may not care about the rank and choose not to use the options available when attacking. some will be too insecure to NOT use them...for fear of losing a rank. Smile
This post was last modified: 2010.Jun.28 07:34 PM by Conrad1103.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2010.Jun.28, 07:57 PM
i think there should be no additives, no bonuses, shit if you got tons of candy it would catapult you to the top and it wouldnt really be a real representation of strength, more or less just a representation of money...

i guess career bonuses are another thing, but, you earned those careers so i guess i would be alright with them...

but this has really been one of the more interesting suggestions made for the game lately..

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Jun.28, 08:02 PM
(2010.Jun.28 07:57 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  i think there should be no additives, no bonuses, drek if you got tons of candy it would catapult you to the top and it wouldnt really be a real representation of strength, more or less just a representation of money...

i guess career bonuses are another thing, but, you earned those careers so i guess i would be alright with them...

but this has really been one of the more interesting suggestions made for the game lately..

i hadnt thought about candies. but maybe they SHOULD count if you use them in a fight. if someone had 1000 candies...the fact is....they CAN whip yer arse...therefore, they should be ranked higher. once their candies are used up and they cant use them anymore, then they will drop in rank accordingly.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2010.Jun.28, 08:21 PM
I think this could be really cool too.

Probably the easiest way to set it up would be using an Elo system, as they use in chess.

It's well documented and easy enough to implement. Good players gain less points from beating lower ranked players, and conversely, lower ranked players gain more points for beating higher ranked players than they do lower ones.

Edit to take into account Conrad's post:

(2010.Jun.28 08:02 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  i hadnt thought about candies. but maybe they SHOULD count if you use them in a fight. if someone had 1000 candies...the fact is....they CAN whip yer arse...therefore, they should be ranked higher. once their candies are used up and they cant use them anymore, then they will drop in rank accordingly.

Something like the Elo rating would handle this nicely. Once your candy is out, and you are sitting at an artificially high skill rating, you would lose more points against people who are "less" skilled than you, bringing you back down to where you belong quickly.
This post was last modified: 2010.Jun.28 08:23 PM by snorkelbill.
2010.Jun.28, 08:26 PM
(2010.Jun.28 08:21 PM)snorkelbill Wrote:  I think this could be really cool too.

Probably the easiest way to set it up would be using an Elo system, as they use in chess.

It's well documented and easy enough to implement. Good players gain less points from beating lower ranked players, and conversely, lower ranked players gain more points for beating higher ranked players than they do lower ones.

Edit to take into account Conrad's post:

(2010.Jun.28 08:02 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  i hadnt thought about candies. but maybe they SHOULD count if you use them in a fight. if someone had 1000 candies...the fact is....they CAN whip yer arse...therefore, they should be ranked higher. once their candies are used up and they cant use them anymore, then they will drop in rank accordingly.

Something like the Elo rating would handle this nicely. Once your candy is out, and you are sitting at an artificially high skill rating, you would lose more points against people who are "less" skilled than you, bringing you back down to where you belong quickly.

I can see this as being better for (level) experience points as well - a player with x rating gives y exp (with a small deviation, of course), so, no matter what the attacker, the defender gives the same amount of exp.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2010.Jun.29, 12:39 AM
for me the list should be unrestricted, candies may catapult you to the top but you will eventually be found out and drop like a stone.

If player A is 23 and B is 40. If player B beats player A. A moves to 23 and B drops to 24. In some systems the players swop but it is often unbalanced.

To clear up the point about only being able to attack 10 players. The game carries on as normal, you can attack anyone for exp but only attacking players higher than you on the table will move you up the league.

Will encourage people to bite off a lot more and challenge players their own power level. I dont think this game has enough players willing to lose a fight.
There is quite a lot in here about points awarded etc, but lets not over complicate it, if you win you move up if not, you dont.

perhaps it could be in the user list as an option to rearrange everyone into league table standings, just like you can reorder into level and user ID
This post was last modified: 2010.Jun.29 12:48 AM by Moriarty.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2010.Jun.29, 02:02 AM
so basically the bravery section, but done right. i miss bravery Sad

Help CrunchyBlack Here!!!!

Smoke dis, smoke dat, smoke weed, smoke crack
Everybody gettin' high, high off they fuckin' sac