Zen READ
2009.Sep.25, 02:19 PM
RE: Zen READ
(2009.Sep.25 01:48 PM)PhisheVA Wrote:  Now, for my next question....do the muggers that hit all at once think they are all entitled to their loot?

The only valid question of several threads...
2009.Sep.25, 02:21 PM
(2009.Sep.25 02:19 PM)randomjacker Wrote:  
(2009.Sep.25 01:48 PM)PhisheVA Wrote:  Now, for my next question....do the muggers that hit all at once think they are all entitled to their loot?

Nope there are two valid questions:

What are the exploits?...if most people know them...then everyone should.

Buzz Off
2009.Sep.25, 02:36 PM
(2009.Sep.25 02:21 PM)lrrltt Wrote:  
(2009.Sep.25 02:19 PM)randomjacker Wrote:  

Nope there are two valid questions:

What are the exploits?...if most people know them...then everyone should.

the links to the flaws are in several threads today... as for exploits I have no idea... anyone?
2009.Sep.25, 02:48 PM
(2009.Sep.25 11:39 AM)g2o2d4wp Wrote:  The victim should have those additional funds from multiple mugs returned. It wasn't intended for someone to lose that much cash or else there would not be parameters set. Whether or not you exploited is being debated.
The fact that the additional funds should be returned is irrefutable.

By your logic, Zen should refund anyone who gets a hosp/jail combo for any stims used or AP used in busting out of jail.

Or, you could argue she should implement a periodic check (slowing the system) to ensure that no one is in 2 logically excluded states (dual mug/jail/hosp) at any given point in time. But what is the order of precedence? Should the highest mug win, or the highest hosp time? Does jail take precedence over the hospital?
All of these are rules that could have been implemented in the code but haven't.

The last statement is hardly irrefutable. The mug code clearly (from the results we see) looks something like:

After combat is resolved, if mug is successful give the mugging player x% of the cash on hand.
It is easy to be more specific by reducing the general case to the specific case:
After combat is resolved, if mug is successful give each mugging player x% of cash on hand.
It just happens that in nearly every case the # of mugging players=1.

When multiple players are tick hunting, it is possible to for multiple 'successful muggers' to show up in the same dark alley and demand their share.
2009.Sep.25, 02:51 PM
(2009.Sep.25 01:40 PM)MrHyde Wrote:  
(2009.Sep.25 12:08 PM)chance Wrote:  Sender : InPaceRequiscat [27305] online
Date : 25 September 09 @ 1:52:40 pm
Subject : message i want to post
But out of greed, the desire to get more money, you continued to tick hunt and mug, very much so aware what could possibly happen.

We found someone who did not use the many features built into the game to protect their money, yes we intended to milk him for all we could, just like every other player out there who would have found a money cow (and as leg has admitted himself, with the many players he has farmed). As a gang we let each other know when we find someone who feels happy to run around with money on hand. Yes we did see he got hit 3 times at once, and yes we still continued to tick hunt him, we were all trying to race each other to get the mug in. Tick hunting is part of the game always has been, if someone has money and you find them you milk them, if you want to make sure you hit someone before everyone else you tick hunt them.

While i am too lazy to actually quote all the posts, the facts are these.

1) You identified a glitch, loophole, or otherwise that allowed you to mug someone for two to three times the amount you would or could normally get.

2) You continued using said method, knowing full well it could have the ability to gain you money in a way that would directly violate the game's rules (based on rule number 10). While individually that may not have been your intent, as a whole you all knew the possible outcome, and again, chose to continue.

Both of these are confirmed facts that both the general community and those accused of said violation either agree with, or admit to. Pulled from the quoted post.....

"As a gang we let each other know when we find someone who feels happy to run around with money on hand. Yes we did see he got hit 3 times at once, and yes we still continued to tick hunt him, we were all trying to race each other to get the mug in."

Your only defense to this is that it was widely known glitch that could possibly happen. When has it ever happened before in a case of mugging?

In what way, if any, can you prove or convince the community of AL, and more importantly, Zen and Err, that this does not violate rule #10.

How, specifically, did you not use the game mechanics to scam another player.

There is no way, and if by some far fetched chance you come up with something, please post it.

I will stress this - None of these players should be permanently banned. At the very least, a portion of Leg's money, (a number of 602k and change came up) should be returned to him, specifically, to his bank account. Super Villains at the end of the day, absolutely helps this game function socially on a day to day basis. They hold events, sponsor and pay for prizes. While some may ask for the guillotine (perm ban), I think the individuals here, and Super Villians as a whole have contributed enough to this game to have mercy shown upon them. These players should recieve punishment, but not be driven from the game completely.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2009.Sep.25, 02:53 PM
yep exactly, she should make amends for any unintended discrepancy as it occurs on a case by case until the problems are fixed

I don't think anyone said anything about the expolitation other than some of the money should be returned. I would personally hate to see any SV's banned ever because of their contribution to the community. Except of course for RJ. That guy and his new tattoo are just out of control.
This post was last modified: 2009.Sep.25 02:54 PM by Leopard.

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2009.Sep.25, 02:54 PM
there was nothing wrong with the SVs mugging someone. get over it. im surprised they havent hosped some of you people....and give you something to cry about.

(even though they are Zens's favorites)

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Sep.25, 02:54 PM
I will stress this - None of these players should be permanently banned. At the very least, a portion of Leg's money, (a number of 602k and change came up) should be returned to him, specifically, to his bank account. Super Villains at the end of the day, absolutely helps this game function socially on a day to day basis. They hold events, sponsor and pay for prizes. While some may ask for the guillotine (perm ban), I think the individuals here, and Super Villians as a whole have contributed enough to this game to have mercy shown upon them. These players should recieve punishment, but not be driven from the game completely.

+1

No freaking punishment. Give leg some of the cash back and fix the dang loop hole. period.
2009.Sep.25, 02:58 PM
(2009.Sep.25 02:53 PM)g2o2d4wp Wrote:  yep exactly, she should make amends for any unintended discrepancy as it occurs on a case by case until the problems are fixed.

maybe he has...or will....if/when the victim mails her.

all he has to do is cut and paste the mail i sent him.
This post was last modified: 2009.Sep.25 02:59 PM by Conrad1103.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Sep.25, 02:59 PM
When Raf and I were tick-hunting wook a while back, and both got him at the same time, we both got full exp. So is that something that should be changed too? I showed Zen attacks where we both won at the same time, she knew about it, we didn't exploit something that we found that she was unaware of! It's not our fault the code is as it is, and it's not our fault others haven't been involved in wars that were so intense, or haven't tick-hunted for exp to the point that they haven't seen this happen.
Thread Closed