RE: Zen READ
The sound is kickass Wink
2009.Sep.25, 11:23 AM
(2009.Sep.25 11:20 AM)g2o2d4wp Wrote:  
(2009.Sep.25 11:19 AM)filthymick Wrote:  
(2009.Sep.25 11:15 AM)g2o2d4wp Wrote:  
(2009.Sep.25 11:11 AM)randomjacker Wrote:  
(2009.Sep.25 11:01 AM)filthymick Wrote:  im not taking sides but based on wats stated in the thread it sounds like an exploit. i cant say if its been being done repetitvely or not tho so idk if its been being taken advantage of.

please present, if u can more instances of this exploit, purely for my reading entertainment of course.

Prior posts in this thread show some....

Who is this guy and why should he be provided the Cliff's Notes?

Read it if you want the info.

ive been readin just havent seen anything other than hearsey save for leg....

this one don't read so good

maybe it was the other MASSIVE thread LOL..
2009.Sep.25, 11:34 AM
this was brought to my attention

(2009.Sep.22 01:45 PM)Dingus Wrote:  Awakened Lands Memorial Hospital

You're in the The Farm for 67 minute(s)!

You will have to sit in your jail cell until released by the police!

this is the very same thing that happened with the mugs, how can you say you never knew about it?
2009.Sep.25, 11:35 AM
(2009.Sep.25 11:19 AM)filthymick Wrote:  ive been readin just havent seen anything other than hearsey save for leg....

Fine.. Cliff's notes..

Post #57 of this thread
Rj links to this thread http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthread.php?tid=3779 where Err acknowledges the simultaneous attack is "This is just one of those fluke things were the timing is tenths or less of a second apart."

and post #59 where another thread http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthre...?tid=5121& is pointed out where the same issue was brought up again (comically resulting in a concurrent hospital and jail time).

The first time we did it yesterday it was an accident. After we all found out about the $$ available, 15 of us were tick hunting. I tried to get in every time after the first and was never able to get that 'magic moment'.

The problem simply comes down to server speed and threading capability. The packet from the first attacker arrives, checks status of the target in some way and executes the attack. Before the results of the first attack are written back to the DB (indicating their hospital status) the second attack reads the DB and sees the target is still valid and processes the attack as well. There really wouldn't be an effective way to eliminate this without modifications to queue inbound requests and prevent them from executing at the same time. Then everyone would complain about the fact it takes 30 minutes to refresh a page.... So you have a choice. Simultaneous attacks are possible, but rare, or the game is unplayable. Personally, I would like to keep the game playable....

Of course, I would also like to see a little more hosp war from time to time.....
2009.Sep.25, 11:36 AM
Another stupid ass thread..Grand.

There's no exploits, as much as it is an accidental coincidence. Biff and Divinity did the same to me a long time ago when I left Dissidence. Neutral There's no exploitation. Just a bunch of people looking to beat on the same target, and clicked the same button everyone else pushed at the exact same time. It happens, even half a world away.

Sheesh.
This post was last modified: 2009.Sep.25 11:38 AM by TommiTheTaco.
2009.Sep.25, 11:39 AM
(2009.Sep.25 11:35 AM)infinite93 Wrote:  
(2009.Sep.25 11:19 AM)filthymick Wrote:  ive been readin just havent seen anything other than hearsey save for leg....

Fine.. Cliff's notes..

Post #57 of this thread
Rj links to this thread http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthread.php?tid=3779 where Err acknowledges the simultaneous attack is "This is just one of those fluke things were the timing is tenths or less of a second apart."

and post #59 where another thread http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthre...?tid=5121& is pointed out where the same issue was brought up again (comically resulting in a concurrent hospital and jail time).

The first time we did it yesterday it was an accident. After we all found out about the $$ available, 15 of us were tick hunting. I tried to get in every time after the first and was never able to get that 'magic moment'.

The problem simply comes down to server speed and threading capability. The packet from the first attacker arrives, checks status of the target in some way and executes the attack. Before the results of the first attack are written back to the DB (indicating their hospital status) the second attack reads the DB and sees the target is still valid and processes the attack as well. There really wouldn't be an effective way to eliminate this without modifications to queue inbound requests and prevent them from executing at the same time. Then everyone would complain about the fact it takes 30 minutes to refresh a page.... So you have a choice. Simultaneous attacks are possible, but rare, or the game is unplayable. Personally, I would like to keep the game playable....

Of course, I would also like to see a little more hosp war from time to time.....

The victim should have those additional funds from multiple mugs returned. It wasn't intended for someone to lose that much cash or else there would not be parameters set. Whether or not you exploited is being debated.
The fact that the additional funds should be returned is irrefutable.

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2009.Sep.25, 11:40 AM
Just got home and read the first 4 pages. Id like to add to the discussion as I am obviously being accused of cheating.

SVs have been aware for some time that 2 hits could happen at the same time. CORRECT

SVs Mug players and if its a good haul mail the gang so we can all benefit. CORRECT

SVs En masse tried to tick hunt Legoflamb. CORRECT

SVs we're not aware that 2 simultaneous muggings could happen with both players taking cash. CORRECT

SVs tried to mug 2 or 3 at a time again. CORRECT

SVs cheated by doing so. INCORRECT.

Let me clarify what i believe is our position once and for all. Zen is aware that 2 attacks can happen simultaneously, she has known as long as we have. She has done nothing to fix it. Therefore she is happy with it. Until she changes her mind, that will be SVs position.
We will not be returning any of the cash to LegofLamb, he knows what happens when caught with cash. I has happened to members of SV before. We curse, we swear, we move on. If Zen wants to reimburse him that is her choice. We wont return cash at Zen's request if asked because we believe we mugged the money fair and square.

To put the mugging into a RL perspective. Has no one ever heard of a gang working together to mug money off one person. It happens all the time. So why the outcry on a game based on mugging and violence. Search through the forum, you'll find plenty of threads asking for multiple gang attacks to be implemented.

@Dingus and others accusing any SV accused of cheating. (aside from the mugging) please state your accusation and evidence in full. Post it here or mail me in game. Lets put this to bed now. Accusations of cheating is no replacement for Jealousy, Envy or Resentment. Many SVs have spent a lot of money, many of us have spent a lot of time and dedication. All of us have worked to build SV and make it the best we can. We don't take false accusations lightly, they are petty and pointless.

This is a forum, have your opinion, but have the substance to back up your posts.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2009.Sep.25, 11:52 AM
Slow clap to Mort Clap clap

I'll make you a star in the back seat of my car.
2009.Sep.25, 11:55 AM
Hey everybody! lets rehash!
2009.Sep.25, 11:56 AM
I love hash

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
Thread Closed