AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

xSleekx

Random idea I had that i thought would be cool and wouldn't be too hellish in code changing but is kinda big.

What if there were items you could equip in your range / melee slot, whichever is empty or a newly created slot if need be: that gave you some kinda bonus.

For instance, a long blade user equips an item that gave a permanent +1 to a stat while wearing it, or slightly increased chance of crits or increase dmg of crits, makes weapon go through armor better or do more hideout damage, or have a 5% chance of healing you for 100 or so during a fight. Maybe if you lose half of your hitpoint in a single blow it'd kick on and give you +5 to all stats by "injecting adrenaline" or have a 5% chance per hit of going off and doing 100 electric damage that is wired to the sword etc etc etc etc.

I just think it would be nice to have a little more individuality of characters and see more then slashes back and forth on the combat screen or at least have something other then cyberware to get stat bonuses in.
I like the idea, however they'd have to be techie things. Otherwise we are throwing fantasy magic items in haha.
Scopes/Enhanced Scopes for ranged players, microvibrations added to melee weapons for further cutting power.

All sorts of possibilities.

xSleekx

Yeah I didn't sit and think out or want to post all the possibilities for storyline rpg part of the items just wanted to see what people thought of it.

Also could make some really good ones that are heavy so people couldn't have both it and a belt on, or at least if they did they would be close to encumbered etc. And I really wish I knew how encumberment worked exactly since my SiC armor is actually resisting about 20% worse then I did with dyneema I imagine because it weighs so much more.

It wouldn't be too difficult to come up with what they are, an ad-on to make longblades seering hot for fire dmg or electrified if it was a procing item or a pack that instantly dumped adrenaline / whatever helps people heal faster into their bloodsteam lol.....Hmm would have to think about the one for extra crit type of things though. Stats would be easy enough to think of.
Terrible

xSleekx

(2009.Jun.20 03:11 PM)BlackHand Wrote: [ -> ]Terrible

Why? Even rpg wise i'd think if there are implants to make you faster, stronger etc there would be other ways. For guns in real life how many thousands of ways are there to customize your weapon to make it better or different not even to mention amunition.

I think there really needs to be more character individualization then what there is available, if this idea isn't liked i hope someone else comes up with something. As it stands almost everyone follows a similar formula for their character which is having their highest stat as the one that determines their damage for their chosen weapon which means everyone chooses acc or str. Followed by dex and res. Put a good chunk of their skills into the chosen weapon type with some in defense etc. And one level 5 construction worker is as good as the next everyone is the same in that aspect. All combined there are differences between peoples characters but I think there needs to be more of a contrast then there is right now. Skills were good so at least people pick a specialty but i'd like to see more.

biffbaffboff

I made a similar topic a long time ago.I agree that if you could purchase weapons or armor with stats it would definately be worthwhile.

My plan I believe revolved around a weaponsmith shop.Sharpen the blade or add sights to a rifle for better accuracy.Obviously you would pay for the service and why stop at +1 stat? Go to as much as +3 on each item.It would certainly make things more interesting than the daily gym grind!

AND before all you guys who do not donate scream and cry...this is a business for zen AND if people want to spend big on a game to improve themselves they should have the right!

Cue the whingers!

TheMace

I think the initial idea is brilliant and i think that Biff's suggestions for implementing it are also very good.

xSleekx

Hell why not an item that gave +1 SKILL in longblade or axe or shotgun? Smile

I had the same idea you did biff but I figured it'd be easier to code giving the effect when you equip a single item whose sole purpose is that effect, I imagine it'd take zen all of 5 minutes to make a range weapon or melee weapon slot that does nothing but give +1-3 to a stat.

And the way the market has been leaning towards credits it might be good to see people trading in credits for cash to buy such items.

Besides if you added an effect to a weapon that you didn't like it'd be wasted money etc etc, with this you could easily change what you wanted, assuming an item was added in that didnt stick purely to stat increases.
The skill thing wouldn't go over so good..Not really logical, I think. Skills are your base. You have to learn around the weapon. A weapon's not capable of learning around you, unless it's a computer of some sort..And, even then, it'd have to be programmed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's