AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Marlo

(2009.Jun.25 08:23 AM)Dingus Wrote: [ -> ]Peter Pan wields a sword Wink

Dingus 4 Pres !!!

Lilsoljaboy

he can fly too...

Jhiieri

Implementing "power ups" in weapons doesn't have to be so complicated. Every weapon can adopt a slot that can give it different bonuses. Being a scope for a rifle, armor piercing bullets for pistols, monofilament edging for melee weapons (that one's from the onld Shadowrun rpgs) etc

Adding a "hidden" second blade at the hilt of a sword can also work for maybe giving a small percentage of scoring a hit. Even for less damage than normal. I know I've lost a few fights that came down to scoring 10-20 more points of damage.

Coming up with 2-3 different "gizmos" that you can equip for every weapon class and add one slot to every weapon that should give you freedom to choose which upgrade you want. The bonuses don't have to be god-like, and the variety would be refreshing and helpful if you use it to bolster up a weakness your character might have.

In order to keep this fair, I would recommend that the bonuses are the same or as close as possible with all weapons. If an upgrade can give the SB1 a +2 in hitting, I want the knife to have the same potential. Of course you can have better grade upgrades for more money, but that doesn't have to be implemented right away.

Taking this a bit further, I would like to even the playing field by offering bonuses in armor and helmets too. Maybe an upgrade that makes armor lighter or tougher.
(2009.Jun.25 08:33 AM)Lilsoljaboy Wrote: [ -> ]

he can fly too...

So you wear tights and hang with twinker bell?

Lilsoljaboy

(2009.Jun.25 09:08 AM)Dingus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Jun.25 08:33 AM)Lilsoljaboy Wrote: [ -> ]

he can fly too...

So you wear tights and hang with twinker bell?

Thats me.. Ninja

xSleekx

(2009.Jun.25 08:55 AM)Jhiieri Wrote: [ -> ]Implementing "power ups" in weapons doesn't have to be so complicated. Every weapon can adopt a slot that can give it different bonuses. Being a scope for a rifle, armor piercing bullets for pistols, monofilament edging for melee weapons (that one's from the onld Shadowrun rpgs) etc

Adding a "hidden" second blade at the hilt of a sword can also work for maybe giving a small percentage of scoring a hit. Even for less damage than normal. I know I've lost a few fights that came down to scoring 10-20 more points of damage.

Coming up with 2-3 different "gizmos" that you can equip for every weapon class and add one slot to every weapon that should give you freedom to choose which upgrade you want. The bonuses don't have to be god-like, and the variety would be refreshing and helpful if you use it to bolster up a weakness your character might have.

In order to keep this fair, I would recommend that the bonuses are the same or as close as possible with all weapons. If an upgrade can give the SB1 a +2 in hitting, I want the knife to have the same potential. Of course you can have better grade upgrades for more money, but that doesn't have to be implemented right away.

Taking this a bit further, I would like to even the playing field by offering bonuses in armor and helmets too. Maybe an upgrade that makes armor lighter or tougher.

+1
What about grenades?
Global Thermo Nuclear War

WAPR'd

biffbaffboff

Gang defense weapons.Turrets etc

Jhiieri

Granades and Turrets can be implemented, but it'll be tougher to code. Plus since it affects only gang wars, the result will not be felt as quickly. It is a good idea though. Maybe grenades and turrets can replace or combine the gang's Hardening and Combat rating in a way that besides giving bonuses it can add a random effect like 2% of the time you attack/defend.

Ideas off the top of my head:
Grenades:
Lucky throw results in smog buildup. Rival gang can't attack for 5/10 minutes.
Grenade in the oven. "X" Rival gang members take "x" damage

Turrets:
Blanket Return Fire. Rival gang can't attack for 5/10 minutes
Gas Tank Shot. "X" Rival gang members take "x" damage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's