AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'd say make a shop like the cyberware shop, but for your weapons..Pay big amounts of cash, they'll fix you up with the stat in 60-300 minutes, depending on the upgrade..Basic jist of cyberware shop, but with the essence of upgrading the weapon how it's sought out. (I think so, anyway.)

xSleekx

Meh I hate the idea of upgrading a weapon. Weapons could be ruined by adding an effect to it that someone else doesn't want and I imagine it'd take much more coding to implement then just using the extra slot for an item...would also be easier to mix and match the effects or carry it to your next weapon without any problems.

I think having it be a combat suit / injection kit were prolly the best ideas.

biffbaffboff

(2009.Jun.21 09:50 AM)Kokozama Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I'm pretty sure Tommi had a good point there. Are skills not the experience and and mastery of the technique of a weapon? You have to study and learn the weapon in order to be 'skilled' with that weapon. I don't see how any attachment or equipment to can render you more skilled with something - it just doesn't happen. They may allow you to become more powerful or perform more effectively, but they can't make you the expert of a given weapon.
in addition, I don't think we should be adding any modifiers to skills at all, as it'd allow people to get waaay too strong.

Bull.Have two samurai warriors fight each other with swords.One with basic metal base and another with japan steel.

No base skills would be needed to wield these weapons as they are the same just with different basic hardness.The japan steel would destroy the basic metal sword.I.e winner is the one with the better weapon. zzzzz

killer012000

Bull.Have two samurai warriors fight each other with swords.One with basic metal base and another with japan steel.

No base skills would be needed to wield these weapons as they are the same just with different basic hardness.The japan steel would destroy the basic metal sword.I.e winner is the one with the better weapon. zzzzz
[/quote]

you watch to much deadliest warrior

Kokozama

(2009.Jun.24 06:54 PM)biffbaffboff Wrote: [ -> ]Bull.Have two samurai warriors fight each other with swords.One with basic metal base and another with japan steel.

What the hell does that have do do with skills?
Skills are in your head, they have nothing to do with the weapon material or attributes. You learn how to use the weapon effectively, and your example there only shows that a stronger weapon would win - well duh, but how is a weapon going to temporarily render you a master the weapon?
(2009.Jun.20 06:32 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote: [ -> ]The skill thing wouldn't go over so good..Not really logical, I think. Skills are your base. You have to learn around the weapon. A weapon's not capable of learning around you, unless it's a computer of some sort..And, even then, it'd have to be programmed.

Use a rifle with open sights and shoot at a 2" target 100 yards away. You may hit it 5 out of 10 times or 50 percent.

That same rifle with a 4-16 x 40mm scope will not only hit that target at 100 yards 10 out of ten times but every one will be a bullseye. It really does reduce the skill needed to shoot.

Drawback to a scope is lighting, target Acquisition time and impact damageto the oblective. But equip that same scoped rifle with a laser sight and you defeat the disadvantages.

Lilsoljaboy

wat would all the melle fighters use??..dont think a scope would do to well on a sword
Don't bring a knife to a gun fight Wink

Lilsoljaboy

any 1 can pull a trigger..
Peter Pan wields a sword Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's