AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

xSleekx

Eh it all depends on how strong you decide to make that slot capable of being. If it's max is +3 to one stat / +1 to all then maybe not a skill, if its +5 or +2 to all then a skill would be alright. The extra slot could be anything ... scope to add to a gun for more accuracy or a supremely crafted pair of gloves that make wielding a sword easier for the skill increase /shrug.

Random idea for another effect... for melee a stealth / asssisin kit to get the first 2-5 hits in a battle, for range a sniper / camo kit to get the first 2-5 attacks in a battle. I dunno just would like to see some kinda items or another implemented.
What about us blunt users?

Thems some alright ideas.
Look up the japanese club of demons. That Deadliest Warrior show put that thing against a Viking shield and broke that thing up..It's pretty scary lookin'.
[Image: kanabool0.jpg]

xSleekx

Hmm would probably have to mostly do items that incorporate all melee / all ranged weapons so there wouldn't have to be like 60 items to make right at the get go. Basic ones that just gave stats would be a good way to start.
i think people hit hard enough now, why give them any more help...i mean we have skills and cyberware...train your stats and earn the big hits like the big guys/girls in this game...just my opinion...

xSleekx

Has nothing to do with earning big hits ... I don't really care about big hits... just almost no character individualization ... everyone earns their main stat ... gets some dex and res to help out, has a career that they are the exact same as anyone with that career as ... and skills that match their weapon choice. I think there needs to be more options on how to build your character is all. Albeit items or some other kind of skill tree.

biffbaffboff

(2009.Jun.20 06:32 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote: [ -> ]The skill thing wouldn't go over so good..Not really logical, I think. Skills are your base. You have to learn around the weapon. A weapon's not capable of learning around you, unless it's a computer of some sort..And, even then, it'd have to be programmed.

Tommi! What drugs are you on? Do you think all this commotion about lack of "kit" for the army is pure bull?
If the army can get a new suit that performs better in the desert,they would want to get it right? If you are the most athletic , nimble person in the world and some less toned dude has a more flexable suit it evens the playing field.He paid for it with cash you didnt,you had a basic health advantage but were out performed by the suit.

It's like putting rambo in a chemical suit v charlie chaplin in a state of the art suit with a machine gun.Who's gonna win.... zzzz get a grip.

Also do you think the most skilled sniper could kill from half a mile without a top of the range scope? Yeah he could have a good try with a bog standard one,but better technology always increases your base skill!

Have another spliff tommi,or were you confused after that 15 metre sprint? XD

Kokozama

OK, I'm pretty sure Tommi had a good point there. Are skills not the experience and and mastery of the technique of a weapon? You have to study and learn the weapon in order to be 'skilled' with that weapon. I don't see how any attachment or equipment to can render you more skilled with something - it just doesn't happen. They may allow you to become more powerful or perform more effectively, but they can't make you the expert of a given weapon.
in addition, I don't think we should be adding any modifiers to skills at all, as it'd allow people to get waaay too strong.
I personally liked the original idea rather than what this has become. Customizing your weapons would make it even harder to sell, and people are already taking far too long to sell weapons. I pictured them more as belts personally.

As far as the technology goes, it could be like an arm brace or something that releases drugs into your body, temporarily increasing stats, like Steroids for Strength, Cocaine for Dexterity, or Morphine for resistance.

xSleekx

(2009.Jun.21 09:57 AM)Accipender Wrote: [ -> ]I personally liked the original idea rather than what this has become. Customizing your weapons would make it even harder to sell, and people are already taking far too long to sell weapons. I pictured them more as belts personally.

As far as the technology goes, it could be like an arm brace or something that releases drugs into your body, temporarily increasing stats, like Steroids for Strength, Cocaine for Dexterity, or Morphine for resistance.

+1

I'd like to see things other then just stats though, the stuff i mentioned above were just some ideas I had i'm sure the admin or others could come up with plenty of other effects that the extra slot could be used for.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's