AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Mass mugging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

biffbaffboff

Alot of players lost alot of credits,money and time the last couple of days.How will you make it up to them zen?

buuddha

wow. thats about all i can say.

Echothrice

well, it's a halloween contest. trick or treat. i guess they got the trick, while others will get the treat.

biffbaffboff

We all know the event was meant as a kindness.It was meant to have fun and enjoy the festivities.It wasent purposely meant as a money suck,but thats what it turned into.

I dont feel bad as I only attacked maybe 10 times and used a few stims.Others though stayed 24 hours,spent fortunes on a lost cause.I feel sorry for them.

As far as I know every other comp was done well,but this one took alot of planning and coding as it was not just a hit the pumpkin it was individual.Its a shame it was probably one small error that made the event fail,and the event was a big undertaking.

But still players got burnt badly and it was not their fault.
Some people are slow learners. Lets start a scholarship fund for those poor souls.

LordSkie

Indeed, but neither is zen- she made an error and admitted it. If she chooses to make it up, she will. But it's her choice to make, all these contests are done for us, and we get pretty damn good rewards for it. Demanding compensation is far more likely to result in her refusing.

TheMace

LordSkie Wrote:Indeed, but neither is zen- she made an error and admitted it. If she chooses to make it up, she will. But it's her choice to make, all these contests are done for us, and we get pretty darn good rewards for it. Demanding compensation is far more likely to result in her refusing.

I completely agree. The majority of people got beat a lot by the ghouls, some realised that this was not their contest and stopped, some went ahead anyway knowing that they were not doing well, but still had a lot of fun.

They were not forced to continue or to even spend any money at all on the contest, they chose to do so. Sometimes it works in your favour, sometimes it doesn't.

buuddha

LordSkie Wrote:Indeed, but neither is zen- she made an error and admitted it.

where did this happen? anyone have a link or know the thread and page?
Well I'll be the first to say this.

Thank you Zen for giving us a competition. I know how hard it is to make a successful program and you can't test all possibilities before you put it out for the peolpe. While I understand many players are upset with how much money they lost it's not anyone's fault as Zenith couldn't have possible known about this error. For that matter very few players found this error in her programing.
However this does show that future programs need to be tested not just by zenith but by a select group of players.

That is what Major cooperation do and AL is getting bigger and needs these programs tested as much as possible.

Just my opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's