AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: AL History
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
sorry i've neglected the game guys, but i'm starting to get the swing of my job, and i guess i'll start by doing a history of AL. and you guys get the special treat of seeing me work on it here Biggrin it'll be a little... interesting to write it in here since we cant edit anything, but i guess once i hit "check points" i'll fashion a new thread. i may be inviting some more people here to help out
potential intro (note, i am going to keep points about myself to a minimum, but this is just to open up the history)

February 9, 2007. This is when Awakened Lands started for me. My name is Abysmalpoptart, and I’m a level 43 historian. Ever since I’ve played Awakened Lands, there have existed gangs, gang wars, crimes, donators, antagonistic players, bullies, and, above all, two forgiving admins who actually pay attention to ideas - when I was level 5 I suggested 2 things to Zenith and they were added in hours (they really do care). By the time I joined the game, there were many strong gangs, including the legendary Elders, and there were several players above level 30! So, in an effort to chronicle all of the comedic and tragic events that have occurred within the reins of our game, I have come here to tell all of you how things happened before today.

after this i will go into how AL was created and then the first players and gangs. still need some more info on them to create a credible piece
Let me know if you want some forum hunting. Through threads, we can get feuds, dates, etc.
actually yea, that is a terrific idea. there are a few things i would like through forum hunting if you can help me out some:

maybe some of the early players, including casanova, rafal, chris, etc. maybe around the time elders started, and who were their rivals, and when did casanova quit. any significant stuff that happened before i joined would be good to add
i still need some info regarding older players and gangs, some stuff about the game's inception, and contest info. that all would be helpful, plus any additional info u may want to add
How is it going?
OK, Really, i would like to complete this history thing. i have a nice outline written, but i'm missing a lot of info. gonna need some help getting info here

Sam I Am

Where to start... I will give you an idea of what I know and you can ask any questions you may have.

I signed up and donated in June of 2006. Found the game after getting tired and bored of MetroWars. Brought a few close friends over like Sarge and a couple others...

At the time Chris and Beelzebub we already playing. I don't remember who had the first gang, them or Sarge and I.

Chris and Bub formed Bad Muthas and Sarge and I formed Alcoholics Anonymous.

AA later became Old Soldiers. Used to always duke it out with Bad Muthas for sport until Casanova came along and started the Hudson Kings. Then we had someone to focus our aggression on... Don't remember what led to his retirement but remember at the time gangs could be deleted in a war...

We eventually merged the Bad Muthas and Old Soldiers gangs and became the Elders. We hosted many contests and really tried to help the newer players get started in the game. Also made alot of enemies due to the fact that people thought we had Zen in our pocket as well as just being such a dominate force in AL. Thats where our name came from... Came up with the name elders just to piss people off... The gang grew in size over time after deleting opposing gangs and making them assimilate into ours.

I left the game around April of 2007 and turned the gang over to Chris and Sarge. They tried to get me to come back for their little return back in 2008 but I wouldn't actually return until 2009 after they had went into retirement for the second time.

I'm sure there are a ton of holes in that story and I will do some searching to fill them as best I can but that's a good start I think.
fantastic Smile the stuff that i'm missing are mostly before 2007 (when i joined), who were the big big big early gangs (ok, so bad muthas and elders), what became of elders (isnt it cosa nostra now?? so.. old soldiers -> elders -> pestilence - > cosa nostra (dead)?)

and the recent gang wars and stuff. i'm pretty good about remembering stuff in a historical time line, for instance, marvel, the marvel split, super villians, SV vs Pest, SV and VET vs Pest + Gent, pest collapse, cosa nostra, etc.

and when did crap like pimpstars and the mercenaries occur? all i can recall for that is pullo + loki making mercs, then eventually pullo retired and it became loki and wook, then they joined xpats for no mercy and retired.

also, i could use a comprehensive list of contests, contest winners, and contest items. i know thats gonna be crazy, but i'd like to include it as a sidenote for the history
2006 2007 2008 2009

A lot of stuff can come up every year. 4 books.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Reference URL's