AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Sniper skill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

biffbaffboff

Lalalala.

SV's attack Bm. Svs steamrole over them and take 30 pvp points and the 30 points for the war.They still got 900 damage done to their hideout!

Thats the difference.Gang warfare is different to PVP.

Loki

Biff, in the future, please run all posts by Marlo for editing prior to submitting. Thanks.
biffbaffboff Wrote:True.The guys at the top have donated loads of cash but im not exactly a non donator,im sure ive paid for many a meal out for zen and her family.Maybe even paid her mortgage for a couple of months to boot.But where i donate and others dont/cant/wont they still play regular.Whats wrong eith giving them a skill that might scratch you or give you a bloody nose.What your forgetting is that YOU guys at the top are the minority,im proposing something for everyone even you guys if you wanted to train it.

What you seem to think is that your money deserves that you can never be scratched on AL.It must be boring.Loki and wook will no doubt move gangs soon enough back to the 2 man H4H.So what possible effect will it have on you?

Ive no problem with tactics in war.If a level 10 player with skill sniper rank 3 beats me down to serious and his level 24 buddy beats me i say well played.Nice teamwork.Yea id be miffed but at the end of the day i am encrouching on their patch and trying to decimate their gang.

This idea have great potential. If thought out throughly, it might make Gang War much more fun. Anyway, there are some thing need to be thought out.

1) Would this Sniper hit anyone in any district? (I voted not, otherwise, it will be over powered)
2) What other counter measure would be there for Sniper? If implemented, I am sure I will try to find that Sniper and take it down ASAP. To find this sniper, it would be very costly to travel through all district. I propose a "Counter-Intelligent" Skill, a player can located 1 player with X amount of AP. As the Skill mature, the cost of using it will be lower.
biffbaffboff Wrote:What you seem to think is that your money deserves that you can never be scratched on AL.It must be boring.Loki and wook will no doubt move gangs soon enough back to the 2 man H4H.So what possible effect will it have on you?

Trust me, it's not boring and whether you like it or not, X Pats is our home and we have no intentions of leaving.

Let's forget about the top 10 players here for a moment. You're still proposing that people can overcome impossible feats in pvp without stats or EP having an effect which makes no sense at all.

P.S. Minorities have rights too.

TheMace

How would it work with people in different districts?

Could a sniper attack anyone regardless of district?

Because part of the tactics of current gang wars is finding the people who are hopping districts.
w00k Wrote:Let's forget about the top 10 players here for a moment. You're still proposing that people can overcome impossible feats in pvp without stats or EP having an effect which makes no sense at all.

maybe he's proposing ways of hurting the strong players during wars. In a war everyone can be hurt or die...

LordSkie

I've got to say, I don't understand people's opinions on donations here.

This is a FREE online game. DONATIONS should be just that- a donation to help the game. You're lucky enough that big rewards are offered to donators.

The sad thing is (and yes, all you donators will surely blah blah it) is that you just can't be competitive without being a heavy donator. And it's unlikely to change drastically. But christ, is it so bad to look at a couple of alternatives to give non-donators or minimal donators SOME light in the tunnel?

Look at raf. THE most active player in AL, and has been playing at least 10 hours a day for nearly 2 years solid. He'll never touch loki or wook, who have put in a fraction of his hours (I'm sure you're both pretty active, but neither of you have done anything compared to him).

Now does he bitch and moan that YOU guys get all the advantages, and his activity doesn't measure up?

How about all the younger kids and hard up mortgage payers that simply CAN'T afford to donate anything more than $10 a month, if that? They're also consigned to the pit of mediocrity.

You're treating any kind of help given to non-donators like it's completely unfair, like you MUST donate to have any kind of power in the game. I think that's completely wrong, in my opinion. As long as it takes someone at least 6 months to get a sniper skill up high enough, I don't see a problem with it giving them a chance at doing ~200 damage for 10% AP to a high ranked player, maybe at the trade off of having to equip a sniper rifle (which has a high acc req, obviously) which doesn't do a great deal of damage in normal combat. Hell, some weakling snipes you- just hosp them, right? Hardly changes the fact you guys are a million miles ahead of the pack.

Instead of putting down every single idea because you want to have your donators playground, remember that you're not the only people playing.

*edit* one last thing, ever heard the tale of the fully armored knight that got killed by a boy throwing a stone?

Goes to show that anyone, no matter how powerful, can still be hurt in a battle.

Loki

LordSkie Wrote:(I'm sure you're both pretty active, but neither of you have done anything compared to him).

You've been gone a long time.

LordSkie

I know I have, but I know raf. And you guys may put in a day, week, month even of more activity than him. But no one's putting in more over the long term than him, and he started a long time before you both.
LordSkie Wrote:Look at raf. THE most active player in AL, and has been playing at least 10 hours a day for nearly 2 years solid. He'll never touch loki or wook, who have put in a fraction of his hours (I'm sure you're both pretty active, but neither of you have done anything compared to him).

I guess 16 to 18 hour days for over the last year is nothing but you can keep swallowing Raf's load if you'd like. What he's accomplished in this game is amazing, I'd never try to diminish that.

P.S. The login page says registration is free, not being at the top is free.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's