AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Credit Market & Muggers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

iceman2020

zenith Wrote:Someone checks the pantheon, buys the credits, then notes who changed ranks. They then mug them to get their cash back.

BadLuck Wrote:Patheon SS's. I can do this because I'm in there so it's easy to show what I mean.

Prior to posting xxx amount of credits to the market
[Image: Beforepost.jpg]

After posting xxx amount of credits to the market
[Image: after.jpg]

So whoever figured that out either 1) was selling constantly or 2) told someone or 3) kept adding credits to the market

Disproved. Next topic please.
zenith Wrote:I am curious as to how the community feels about this tactic.

Someone "anonymously" posts their credits on the market.

Someone checks the pantheon, buys the credits, then notes who changed ranks. They then mug them to get their cash back.

I'd get upset if I got mugged, but I am sure most would too. I am apathetic about it since I don't sell credits myself, but I do feel for those who do get owned this way.

There are two options when posting credits, anonymous and bank wire. Both have been around for a long time. While the bank-wire option is fool-proof (cash goes straight to the bank), the anonymous option is not by virtue of the pantheon. That is why bank-wire is generally more expensive.

i'm not gonna lie, i thought about doing it, but i figured it took too much time.

BadLuck

Apparently, they are watching the wealth, not the credit patheon, which does make this applicable.

But I was under the impression we were talking about the credit side of the patheon, not the wealth side of it.

biffbaffboff

andyscho Wrote:I dont think we mind that he said it was a SV. we did all the mugging, It stands to reason it would be us. However it didnt happen as you posted.

We are being accused of having higher intelligence and cunning than we actually have and it is this that we take offense at. Biggrin

I have it on good authority that you all took a vote and decided to find the anonymous poster.You divided into teams, robbed the poor bloke till his eyes bled.I bet you even took his dole money too.I just hope you left enough on him for a cup of tea and bacon sandwich :cry:

Sv's finest hour Idea Idea
BadLuck Wrote:Apparently, they are watching the wealth, not the credit patheon, which does make this applicable.

Which bit has no one understood yet. Our members didnt watch the pantheon. This was coincidence between two of our members.

iceman2020

Well darn, topic re-opened for debate.

Use the bank-wire option.

Debate over.

biffbaffboff

andyscho Wrote:
BadLuck Wrote:Apparently, they are watching the wealth, not the credit patheon, which does make this applicable.

Which bit has no one understood yet. Our members didnt watch the pantheon. This was coincidence between two of our members.

So would it be ok for Zen to check the mails you guys exchanged then?
biffbaffboff Wrote:I just hope you left enough on him for a cup of tea and bacon sandwich :cry:

I drank the tea. Pun ate the sandwich

But I was under the impression we were talking about the credit side of the patheon, not the wealth side of it.

ok....follow the story here....it was coincidence...which you know what...i rarely mug or participate in schemes...the sv just got lucky...i actually had no knowledge of this whole thing until a mail was sent to our gang and this thread was started...you all young players have no idea really what it means to be mugged....lots of oldschoolers would buy your credits and mug you online or not
biffbaffboff Wrote:So would it be ok for Zen to check the mails you guys exchanged then?

Hey we'll give her the MSN logs too :roll:

Back off Rambo, stirring for no reason
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's