AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: WTF happened to w00k?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
The code that give player hope to get that 0.01% of beating player much stronger than them?

I don't think it ever been removed. If its been removed, AL PvP battle would drop from a 4.5 Star fun factor rating to 3.5 Star.

LordSkie

The randomness is always there, for all players...

How else do you explain me beating someone, losing around 100HP, then next fight losing 1700? It's happened to me. To me, it makes the game more interesting- to get decent XP, you have to fight decent strength characters, and to do that- even if you normally win, you run the risk of occasionally losing.

And from what people have said about w00k, perhaps I misunderstood him. Fair play to him in that case, and wish him all the best.
The randomness helps people to gain bravery points against players you wouldnt ordinarily beat. If people only ever attacked people they knew they could beat it would become rather dull. Take a look at the top of the bravery Pantheon. It didnt worry him when it suited him.
I for one am sorry he's no longer with us....He helped me more than a few times.....That guy hosp me a few times and did a few for me. He got me weapons and other stuff when I was a noob and explained things when I asked.....A very rightous individual....
The funniest thing would be if he is just on a vacation and got zenith to put him into the retirement district to see what happens when he gets back lol
That would indeed be funny.......Like having your eulogy read and in walks the dead...LOL wouldn't that be hoot.......I woluld have to harrass him endlessly if that happens....
As much as i love hate the randomness of the game it is one of the only ways we can get a bit closer to RL in a online text-based game because when you fight its not all choreographed and you dont get to take a 2nd take if you mess up like in the movies, sometimes you can slip on some mud, trip over a brick, your gun might blow up in your face, missfire, jam, the sun might get in your eyes, a passing bird might crap on your face. The list is endless really.

What prob pisses alot of people of is the fact its sort of like a hidden stat this lets call it a luck stat, and as much as they spend, put time into thier toon they have no control over this "luck" stat what so ever.
A luck stat eh? I'm doomed :shock:

badmanbren

Druchii Wrote:The funniest thing would be if he is just on a vacation and got zenith to put him into the retirement district to see what happens when he gets back lol

Yeah, would be funny. I can confirm he's not however. And also confirm randomness sucks.

iceman2020

badmanbren Wrote:Yeah, would be funny. I can confirm he's not however. And also confirm randomness sucks.

Without randomness, this game would suck. There'd be no need to even have the battle text. It'd merely be "alright, we're even in all stats except I have 32 dex and he has 31, so I win." Almost every MMORPG has randomness; it adds excitement, albeit mainly in the mid ranks. As infinite said, I'd rather stay down a bit.

Seeing pullo leave, and now w00k is nothing new unfortunately. Everyone strives to be the best, but has anyone ever played any other MMORPGs before? What do the top people always end up doing when there are time limits to "ages" or "rounds"? They quit... it's boring, and frustrating when things don't go the way they should. But mainly boring. You're almost digging your own grave when you reach such high ranks. Congrats to Loki for still remaining despite being up top for so long.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's