AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Lack of upper level players to attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Then, if you can have it easier to level. What should be done for the lower levels to make it easier for them?

TheGeek

I don't think anyone is suggesting that removing the retirement district is going to solve much of anything, rather we simply don't like it's existance.
mtngti Wrote:"Relax," he says, after going on a muti paragraph rant.

Take your own advice - seriously!

Why should the "top people be forced" to slow down? Why should people who play hard be punished for doing so?
Punished ? how were you punished?

Loki

Druchii Wrote:Then, if you have if can get it easier to level.

I give up - I've read this 8 times. What?

Menamos

Personally I don't like online attacks and I don't think that is the solution. I would be extremely pissed if I were in the middle of a crime spree and end up in the hospital, use stims to get out, then have very little HP to attack someone for XP. Sure I can buy the items necessary to get my HP back up to par but at my level I'm trying to save up for certain things: better house, better weapon, better armor, etc. and constantly buying stims would put a damper on my long term goals in this game.

Now, there's a saying that goes "It's lonely at the top". I don't want to criticize any high level players in any way. But other than level gain, why do you guys (when I say you guys I'm referring to those level 40+ players that want more targets) want more targets? I mean is it just xp, is it just a challenge you guys are looking for, or something else? I'm just trying to understand completely. Saying "we need more high level targets" doesn't define the core desire.

I can't say I have any fantastic ideas myself but I read someone say some kind of fight club would be a good idea. But in the true essence of fight club, all fights were one on one. How about some kind of arena where you can fight 2-3 people at once, higher XP crimes, Zen's suggestion of battling cops (this idea combined with a jail busting spree can net a ton of xp. I'll clarify, first you try to bust someone out of jail, you get caught, battle the cops, and if you win you get xp. If you lose, go to jail then try to bust yourself out for an additional shot at xp.), make it so NPC's evolve like PC's do.

Right now that's all I can think of. But can you guys clarify why the desire for more NPC's/online attacks?

My apologies for the long post (for those who even bothered to read it lol).
mtngti Wrote:
Druchii Wrote:Then, if you have if can get it easier to level.

I give up - I've read this 8 times. What?

You know, I had to ask myself the same question.

Loki

Druchii Wrote:Then, if you can have it easier to level. What should be done for the lower levels to make it easier for them?

Lower level players do not have a lack of decent targets.
They need a way to catch up if higher levels is given a way to advance faster.

Zen said at one point when people complained at lack of targets when tops were around level 22, that being on the top is a double edged sword, sure you can defend yourself and hold your own. But you will miss out on the chances to have a steady progress and you will lack the chance to compete with others. And the targets you can hit and get full xp from will be fewer that those that are trying to rise up.

This is the way it should be, cause in 1-2months people in the level 30 bracket will reach level 40-45 in a cluster, and then the level 50's will again have a major pool of fishes to feed on. If you demand a pool of fishes now, the same problem will arise when you are on level 60 and the major bracket of active players is on 40-45. And then Zenith I bet will be less likely to accommodate the top 4-5 players versus the pool of 100's of players that are 15-20 levels behind desperately trying to catch up.

Only thing I can suggest you do is trying to find ways to encourage people to level faster. Maybe hold a first person to level 50 race gets 3millions. and then exclude all those over level 40. Would create a leveling buzz and with that more targets cause when people have leveled, they can train better and give more xp when hit.

But then again, who is willing to hold such a competition? 3 million is a lot of cash.

Loki

Menamos Wrote:Now, there's a saying that goes "It's lonely at the top". I don't want to criticize any high level players in any way. But other than level gain, why do you guys (when I say you guys I'm referring to those level 40+ players that want more targets) want more targets? I mean is it just xp, is it just a challenge you guys are looking for, or something else? I'm just trying to understand completely. Saying "we need more high level targets" doesn't define the core desire.

Being at the top or close to the top doesn't mean leveling is no longer important. Level 50 has some great weapons and armor, and some ginormous houses available. I'm sure Zen will continue making the game interesting for those who would like to level to 60, 70 and beyond.

The problem is that experience requirements aren't getting any lower, and experience from attacking starts to fall off. One or the other is fine - it should get harder to level... but having higher requirements *and* less experience per attack is overkill. Punishment, albeit unintentional, for being a top tier player.

Players in the 35-50 range are typically online, a lot - this adds to the difficulty of finding suitable offline targets.

Repeating a couple of things Pullo has already mentioned here, but, you asked. Smile
mtngti Wrote:Players in the 35-50 range are typically online, a lot - this adds to the difficulty of finding suitable offline targets.

I had a petition for cheaper stims some time ago to make online attacks a bit more acceptable and have less repercussions.

That could make online attacks more common.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's